Chapter 0: I Died On The Way To School?
4.1k 23 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

 

I was floating in what seemed to be a vast nothingness. 

‘Huh? So, this is what happens when you die?’ 

An unknown amount of time has passed. I was half expecting a heavenly being to come down and bring me to heaven? Or at maybe even a court where they judge all my sins and determine if I go to hell? Maybe a giant golden Buddha? Or a light that I should run away from because heading towards it means my death? No, just nothing. 

‘Well, this is awfully boring, *sigh* at least I did save someone before I kicked the bucket. Maybe I might even be sent to heaven for that if it really did exist. Welp, since I have a lot of time in my hands let’s recollect what happened’

‘It all started….. tudududu cue flashback’

_________________________________________

My name is Sanada Kyousuke, 18 years old, in my senior year, and about to take college entrance exams. But before that, it’s the start of the day

I woke up early though a bit groggy, after binge playing “If my heart had wings” for two nights straight, to do my morning jog. I put on my running shoes and went on my way. It was nice. It helped me clear my mind and also keep my body healthy. As I was daydreaming about Amane, I saw my neighbor.

“Good morning!”

“Ah? Kyousuke-kun, good morning! Out for a morning run, are we?” My neighbor, the stereotypical grandma of the neighborhood watering the flowers, waved at me.

“Yup! Gotta start the day fresh.” I say with a polite smile

“Hoho it's so nice to be young, back in my day-“

“Ojou-sama? Wow, what beautiful flowers. You must take real good care of them.” I smile with the brightest smile I can muster as to avoid her telling her life story again. She used to be a famous volleyball player when she was younger. I know it’s a bit rude but… Yeah, it’s rude, no excuses here.

“Well of course!” she puffs her chest out proudly hands on her waist “I love them, so I take care of them, do you want some? Valentines day is right around the corner. You might be want to give a bouquet of them to you know who?” she says with a sly smile and a wink.

“I would love to, but maybe another time.” I say still smiling, I don’t get flustered about her teasing anymore, after a few years living here.

“Huh, not a blusher anymore are we? Huhu, well run along now, you still have school today.” 

“Okay, good day Mrs. Sakura, see you later” I wave as I continue my jog.

 After an hour, I went back home I had breakfast, bacon, and eggs. Having a mother as the leader of a nationwide company and my father the head of the Sanada Clan. I had a privileged life up, but being the 8th child, I was not close enough to inherit either position, I lived alone away from the clan as well as my 6 other older siblings as to not spark a power struggle. And this is not the age of the samurai where I can just kill off my siblings and inherit the throne. Nooo... As much as I would like to do that, I also don’t want to get arrested for murder. Yet… 

Just kidding hehe. Or am I? No.

And so, I took a bath, wore my uniform and hopped on my Mercedes, and cycled off.

And, yes, Mercedes is the name of my bike, don’t ask why.

On the way, I spot a familiar face.

“Oi, Hina? Are you going to school?”

Azumi Hinata, Student Council Vice President. The beauty with dark brown hair, long legs, and a well-endowed chest. I had her pegged as the serious, uptight, smart, and manipulative woman that would govern from the shadows with spectacles over her emerald eyes. But she is surprisingly sincere and the type to ignore everything and only focuses on things that interest her. Well, when we are alone at least. It's like she transforms when she is around other people

“Oh? President? Yes?” she says as she turns

“Huh? I told you to call me Kyousuke, how long have we known each other? Wanna go together? Hop on”.

“… really? Are you sure? But Sana-” 

I push my face closer to hers, “K-Y-O-U-S-U-K-E”

“Kyousuke… but I… we…” she stutters and blushes as she looks away

'Why is she acting weird today?'

I lift her up and put her on the bike and hopped on.

“Eeeekkkk!”

“Good, now let's go! Hold on tight!” As I rode off I feel her warm hands grab onto my waist. I know it was brazen, but we have been classmates and council mates for many years. She used to be so cold around me, now, she does this. Not to tut my own horn but, I think she likes me though… 'Love is war and the person who confesses first losses! HAHAHAHA! Well, I will confess later…'

“Kyousuke?”

“Yes? Hina?” 

“I love you...”

Welp, my brain just short-circuited at this point and I almost fell off my bike.

‘That was… unexpected. Am I dreaming?.’ I stay silent and rode to a nearby café

I stopped turned to her and say.

“No fair, that was a surprise attack,” I say flustered trying to hide my blushing face

“…” she stares at the ground 

“Me too…” As I say that she looks up teary-eyed, embraces me, and rests her head on my chest.

We stood there in silence for a few minutes enjoying each other's embrace, until I heard the click of a camera.

And out of the corner, the whole student council emerges and cheers

Hina looks away blushing. Shocked, I asked

“What are you guys doing here?”

“It's about time! We were following you, to, y’know, see? Hinata-senpai told us that she was going to confess today!”

“It's good to see the aloof unreadable President show some genuine emotion.”

“So, the president can blush too!?”

Then they started laughing and cheering, and some of them were handing money to each other.

“I can’t believe you guys bet on this,” I mutter as I rub my temple.

“Of course, is the can we break the mask of the President before we graduate pot, well you two when is the wedding?” the Secretary Kenji says with a mischievous smile.

I and Hina looked at each other and look away then she replied

“We… we just confessed to each other!” Then as if switching gears “Well, there is a need to punish members who are late for school or are dodging classes.” She says in a cold menacing tone as they all looked at each other then into their watches then back at us.

“But, you two are also he-“

She glares a cold heart-stopping gaze at Kenji and the others

“Heuk! It's almost time! Let's go! We don’t want to get executed before graduation!” As they escape

‘Ahhh this is the Hina the Vice President I know’

“And we are alone.” as if the situation just sunk in once again we blush and look away

“So-“ I was stopped by the sharp sound of a horn, As I turn I see…

A truck speeding towards us, the driver has his head on the steering wheel. 

As my body moves on its own, I push Hina away and I hear

“Kyousuke!!!!” 

BAM!!!!! 

   ______________________________________

And now we are back to our regularly scheduled programming of me floating in the abyss

“Damn. I died a virgin” 

‘Well, at least I got a girlfriend for a whole 7 minutes and 26 seconds a new record!’

‘I miss Hina, we never got to go out. Why am I so indifferent to this by the way? Why am I not crying? Why am I not angry? Then the afterlife probably does take away all your emotions. Because I should be wailing, screaming, and cursing God with every fiber of my being, but I am surprisingly chill. But to think I would get killed by truck-san. Isn’t God supposed to tell me that I am going to get reincarnated into another world with OP skills or something?! Sigh* I wonder what Hina is up to now? Is she doing okay or is she crying over my corpse? Well, since we have all the time in the world now, let me tell you the whole history of the Sanada Clan. It all sta-’

Then a light suddenly shines through the endless abyss...

 

 

 

61