Chapter 13: I Went Swimming?
965 15 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up to the now familiar ceiling of the place I currently reside in.  I smile as I recall all the fun things that have happened in such a short amount of time. Then I look to my side to see Angelica, in her child form, who was sleeping snugly, next to me. While her tiny angel form was cute, I liked this better. I push the strands of golden hair on her face onto the back of her ear and poke her cheek.

“Kyousuke… more… pancakes…” she mutters as she sleeps peacefully without a care in the world. To this I chuckle.

This was the time of morning that I have grown to look forwards to. When I wake up to admire the gentle and kind face of the sleeping Angelica. Before… she wakes up to lose this fleeting charm of hers, and puts on her teasing façade. And yes I will never admit to her that I do this so shut up…

 As I look closer ‘Her enlarged form, was just a bit smaller than me in terms of height.’ I thought as I compared.

 She could pass as my sister if it wasn’t for the obvious angel wings and blonde hair. Though… she looked like a normal sleeping girl, eye-catching as the rays of the rising sun shines upon her figure. 

I sit up and went to make breakfast, but as I do I feel a tug as I go to stand up. Her hand was holding the sleeve of my shirt as she sleeps.

“Hmhmm” she reacts

‘So cute…’ I mused to myself as I put a hand on her cheek.

“Hgghhmm…”

“Angelica… time to wake up”

“Five more minutes… huh?” she mutters with groan, then as she notices my hand on her head she nuzzles it.

“Hehehe… so warm…” she giggles like a child, still half asleep

I smiled softly and waited for a bit. While I could wake her up by shaking her or spraying some water onto her face, and as funny as that would sound… I would rather enjoy this moment while it lasts, so I kept on quietly petting her head.

After a few minutes she wakes up properly with a yawn and stretches.

“Hguuu… Hmm… did something happened Kyousuke?” she says while looking at me with a quizzical expression, and a bit drowsy as she fixes her hair.

“Not much" I smiled "Well let’s eat breakfast. We have a long day ahead of us.” I say while  recalled how Ageha told me to bring swimwear.

“Why is that?”

“We’re going swimming.”

...

_________________________________________

After doing my normal morning routine of, light snack, jog, eat and bath. I prepared swimming trunks and some extra clothes just in case. Doesn’t hurt to be prepared right? I also brought the clothes An-chan lended me after washing it, because I always return what I owe, A Lannist-. Wait. Wrong quote.

After all the prep was done I rode on Tesla towards the new base.

‘Really Tesla?’ A feminine voice behind me grumbles with a teasing tone

“Yeah why?” I asked sarcastically

"Hmmm... Nevermind.” She looked like she was going to retort something but thought against it. And so I leaned back.

"Hey! I might fall off here!" She exclaims as she tightens her grip around my stomach.

"Humhum... lets go!" I say as I put the pedal to the metal

 When we arrived I saw An-chan in casual clothing, then Mabou and Aoi who were already wearing their swimming trunks, Ageha wearing her normal pink shirt and black shorts looking more like a boy, and Hotaru wearing a light blue long sleeves with a white skirt a stark contrast to her sister, were already outside carrying bags, of which, I assume was for the trip. I also noticed Ageha holding a volley ball.

“Oi Kazuya! Goodmorning!” An-chan notices me as I emerged from cycling through the winding alleyways on the way to the base.

“Hmm? Ohayou! Kazuya-kun!” after hearing An-chan, everyone also greeted, which I only responded with a wave.

“O-ohayougozaimasu…” Hotaru bashfully says while stuttering a bit

“Good morning Hotaru.” I say with a warm smile, as she looks down with a tint of red on her cheeks. I resist the urge to pat her on the head

‘Whats with you and head patting?’ Angelica says with a cheeky smile

'Well, you seemed to enjoy it’ I though inwardly with a mischievous tone

‘Hmmpf!’ she crosses her arms as if to deny it

“An-chan! Here.” I say as I hand the clothes I borrowed back.

“Oh thanks…” he replies

“So, I understand we are going swimming but where exactly?” I asked turning to the others while feigning ignorance

“Hohoho… you’ll see Kazuya-kun. The super secret base has a super secret swimming spot” Ageha boasts with a huge grin as she nods to the others.

“Yeah, it’s a surprise.” Aoi adds as he smiles brightly.

“What are you planning now? ” I asked them as at I look at theur suspicious smiles, of which they just stayed quiet, and tried their best to hide it.

“Now that we are all here. Why don’t we get going” An-chan cuts in as he beckons us to follow him. After going back the way we came, to the entrance of the alleyway. We then walked a few blocks to see a white truck with the logo of a spanner over a gear on the side with the words “Igarashi Productions” written in bold text.

“This is the truck of the family factory. I borrowed it specifically for today” he says as he puff his chest, while the others were amazed.

“Woah… hey, An-chan do you have a license” Aoi asks with sparkling eyes

“Of course I do” An chan replies by pulling out a card and puffing his chest out proudly

“Wow! So cool!” Mabou shouts as he looks at An-chan with stars in his eyes.

“Hehe. Well lets put that on the back and let’s get going” I he gestures to the bike I was dragging along

“Yeah.” I agreed and we hauled the bike to the back of the truck. 

Hotaru and Ageha we seated at the front with An-chan while me and the boys (insert funny me and the bois meme here) were sitting at the back. As the sound of the engine was heard and we began to move, there was a bit of an awkward silence going between us as nobody knew what to say. 

‘Well you guys aren’t exactly that close yet’

‘I know…’ 

And just as I was thinking of a discussion topic, Aoi turned to me “This is your road bike isn’t it?” he asks hesitantly as he points at the silver bike in front of him.

“Uh yeah, it’s a BMX CL-SFX Model 9 Road bike.” I answered

“No way, is that the same bike used by MobiStars when he won they won 1st place in the National Continental marathon?! And its brand new too…” he gasps while looking upon the bike with sparkling eyes as he gushes out his Bike know how

“You really know your stuff don’t you Aoi-kun” I smile as I asked him. He looked so happy going on and on that I almost didn’t want to say anything.

“Of course! I want to be like them. I want to ride up mountains, because the climb sucks but the down slope is the best, because you go so fast…” He gushes on then stands up with pride. Well as much pride as you can to stand on the back of a moving truck.

“Oi! Aoi! Sit down.” Mabou cuts in as to prevent a disaster

“Oh… hahaha. Sorry about that” Aoi apologizes as he quickly sits back down

“Kazuya-kun sorry about that. He is really passionate about riding.” Mabou adds as he covers for him

“Nah it’s okay… him sharing his passion was cool” I assured Aoi

“Is that so… Thanks.” Aoi smiles as the truck suddenly screeches to a halt. “We’re here!” An-chan exclaims

After parking the truck and getting off, we walked through the off beaten path, to see a familiar sight. We were at the secret beach that I visited on my first day here. But its rude not to be surprised when being surprised so…

“Whoaaa… this really exists?” I gazed into the distance and tried to look amazed at the sight. Well the sight was in fact amazing. The deep blue waters, shining as the sunlight reflects off it and the white sandy beach plus the windmills on the far distance made this place breath taking.

They all laugh at my reactions and puff out their chest proudly, clearly buying my act.

“This the secret lake side beach that even the locals don’t know about” Ageha declares pridefully putting herr hands to her hips

“Yeah its surrounded by cliffs and forests, plus it’s a hard to find place, so no one ever comes here. Also add the two big rocks obscuring it from view” An-chan explains

“How did you find this?” I asked continuing my surprised expression

“We found it a while ago. While we were exploring, and we secretly go here to play” Aoi adds.

“What are we waiting for lets swim!” Mabou says as takes off his shirt and he runs towards to water.

“Hey! Wait for me!” Aoi exclaims as he follows behind him.

“Well… me and Hotaru are going to change so…” Ageha explains as Hotaru squirms at her side.

“Don’t worry. Go on” I quickly answer while thinking why she even asked me.

She smiles and walks into what liked a cave type thing with Hotaru and disappears from view. As An-chan finishes setting up an umbrella, chair and putting down an ice box. He sees me and asks “Not going to join them?”

“I will, just a bit later. I have to put protection on” I answer as I walk towards a nearby tree and pull out a bottle of sunscreen. Oh? What kind of protection were you thinking of?

‘Ohhh! Fancy, look at you Kyousuke, didn’t know you were so conscious about that’ a certain angel teases as she inspects the bottle

‘Haa… as you know I have pale skin.’ I explained

‘Uhuh.’ She nods with an eyebrow raised

‘So too much exposure to the sun without protection will lead to sun burn.’ As I explain further. I asked her ‘Want me to apply some on you?’ I asked with a cheeky grin

‘Hmm… by all means’ she says with a mischievous smile as she lays down on her front. 

I applied some on my hand then…

I smeared some on her face

“Hyah! Hey!” she shouts surprised

“What? I just said I would apply some on you.” I laugh 

“Hmmpf” she pouts and glaresat me. I sigh "hai, hai..." and do as told, but not before looking around to see if someone was watching, applying sunscreen to thin air might look at bit weird…

After administering sunscreen on the angel who fell asleep half way and probably didn’t need it. I waited for 30 minutes for the sunblock to kick in. I head towards the other. An-chan was resting on his lawn chair under an umbrella. To my surprise I saw Ageha wearing a pink one piece swimsuit which complimented her light red hair. And Hotaru wearing a light blue one piece swimsuit, playing by the water side, with Aoi and Mabou.

*Splish Splash Splosh* 

“Hey, Aoi look here I found a starfish.” Ageha says with clamped hands which looked like she was holding something.

‘I know where this going’ I thought rubbing my temple

“A star fish? Where?”

“Here. Look” She says as Aoi leans closer

“Where is it? I don’t see a-“

Suddenly Ageha closes her tightens her hands and water sprayed into Aoi’s face.

“Hahhk!” He says while wiping his face

There was a moment of silence as Aoi looked down while a triumphant Ageha laughs  

“You…”

“Aoi?” 

“I’m going to get you!” Aoi shouts as he chases and throws water at the fleeing Ageha. Seeing this Mabou and Hotaru joined in.

I just sat down on the sand nearby and admired them while they were laughing as they threw water at each other.

‘What’s with the “ahh its good to be young” face?’ Angelica teases

‘Well it is. Back then I was about to go to colloege and lose this. So let me enjoy it if only a little’ I look at her and wink which she just rolled her eyes at.

Then after a few minutes of me sitting by the lake side they finally noticed me. “Kazuya-kun join us! Come on.” Aoi coaxed me

“Yeah the water’s nice! lets play!” Ageha exclaims with a smile

“Time to cool of in the summer heat. Kazuya kun!” Mabou added while Hotaru just stared at me with hopeful eyes.

“Nah… I am alright.” I retort as I was quite comfortable on the spot I was sitting on

Then they pouted but suddenly looked, grinned then nodded to each other.

‘I have a bad feeling about this’ I thought as they waded towards me

“Kazuya kun staying like that is no fun at all! let’s play!” Ageha shouts at me as she goes in front of me. 

“Yeah let's swim Kazuya-kun. It’ll be fun!” Aoi and Mabou chimed in while Hotaru was off to the side looking at me sas if saying she wanted me to join to.

“Later I ju-“ I got cut off as water splashes on to my face. Look to see the three wearing smug grins as they threw water at me

“Oi s-stop! Haa…. You're gonna get it now” I say with a cold tone sending shivers down their spine as they back away.

“Uhmmm… ehh”

“ehehehe… ehem”

“Here I come!” I shout as I run after them...

“Ahhh! Run, kendoman is hunting us down!” Ageha exclaims, hearing that I moved to attack her first.

She tries to get away but I splash a huge torrent of water at her.

“Eekkk! Kazuyaaa!” she says she fights back with her small splashes. Then I noticed I was surrounded.

“Kukuku you fell for it… Kazuya kun.” Ageha declares then they giggled as they showered me from all sides. 

“Hmmpf!” I say as I braced myself, then spin as I splashed fresh water into all of them. 

“Ahh” “Huek” “Pwe Pwe”

And we laughed as we played around the lakeside for a while, we swam competitively with me an Aoi winning most of it, splashed water into each other, it was fun. And as were enjoying ourselves in the lake.

“Oi! Guys isn’t it about time to show him that now? An chan shouts from his seat as he gestures to one of the giant looking rocks.

“Ohhh that. Yeah sure…” they as said as they looked at me with menacing smiles. I could only look at their gazes, ‘So its time for that huh? I sighed as I knew what was about to come…

Favorite this chapter if it found your fancy hoomans... Beepboop.

35