Chapter 15: I Took The Dive?
914 8 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After throwing the surprised An-chan into the water we laughed out loud. 'Well he deserved it' I chuckle to myself.

“Why did you not just order him to jump off?” Aoi asked with a quizzical look 

“It’s more fun this way, right? Well… that’s done now what?” Kazuya giggled and asked with a warm smile.

 The new member of our group. He said he was here for summer vacation, I haven’t seen him before, but why does he look familiar? Maybe I had seen him in a kendo magazine? I’ll check later. Well, he can probably be in one, he is quite handsome actually. He had jet black hair, pale colored skin, and dark blue eyes he always wears glasses but not today. I would rather he does though couz it really suits him, it compliments his aura, though he also always wears a silver cross. I have never seen him take it off.  As for his personality, he is cool, reliable, smart, mature for his age almost like An-chan?. He is always smiling warmly and is always calm, as in doesn’t get embarrassed often, the last time I saw him blush, even when we tease him so much to crack that calmness, is when we first met, when he followed me after I bumped into him outside our store, just to ask my name and when he called me cute… huh? ‘smack’ what am I thinking! Only dad calls me that…

*Sigh* His warm smile’s really beautiful, probably why Hotaru is always gets embarrassed when he pats her on the head and smiles. He also patted me on the head and it really did feel nice… but I punched him… I was surprised okay?!

… 

Maybe should I apologize? He didn’t mind it though... No. I will apologize after this, punching him wasn’t fair…

 Although we just met him two days ago, it feels like he has always been here with us, plus he actually made Hotaru get involved! When she was always just following us and watching… I am grateful for that, so if he likes Hotaru, I am cool with that, to have a cool brother-in-law. He's really fun to be around, and we try our best to tease and make him flusttered but nothing works! Well its only been two days but still…

He is a bit weird too, sometimes looks to the side in deep thought. I wonder what he is thinking because sometimes, he smiles at his shoulder. Why does he do that....

Hmmm? ‘shrug’ as I shake the thought of my head…

 Wait! Kazuya asked something right?

I answered “We can-“ 

*crack*

“Eh?” I didn’t know what happened, I just felt my feet slide off the wet stone. And the world suddenly flipped upside down.

‘Wha?’

“Ahhhh!” I scream as feeling the wind as I fell. 

'Am I going to die? I don’t wanna die yet!'

*splash* 

I pain at my back, as I must have hit the water at the wrong angle. I try to stand up, but I can't feel the bottom. I feel my lungs burn as I couldn’t take a deep breath as I fell into the water.

 I am gonna die… 

‘No! Not yet! I just need to swim up...’ I push my arms down and wag my feet to swim. How deep did I go? I look up at the faint light as I desperately push myself towards it.

 I can’t reach it… 

Am I going to die…

I feel faint… 

No…

I can’t breath… 

Please… 

help…

me…

*splash*

I heard a splash as I felt a warm arm  wrap around me as I lost consciousness…

_________________________________________

“Ahhhh!”

Splash*

We all froze as the we processed just what the hell just happened. And reacted…

“Ageha!” Aoi screams as he climbs of the rock and runs toward the water. And Mabou with a shocked expression follows Aoi.

 Seeing this An-chan also comes running to the water, to see what had happened.

Hotaru falls to the ground with tears in her eyes as she looks into the water by the edge of the rock.

"Onii-chan!"

I look down to see Ageha struggling in the water. She probably couldn’t get a deep breath in because of the shock, and is probably panicking. 

‘It only takes 60 seconds for a an adult to drown and just 20 seconds for a kid… you should hurry Kyousuke… she is in the a very deep part of the lake’ Angelica says as she looks down into the water

I look at Aoi, Mabou and An-chan rushing from the shore.

‘They’re not gonna make it.’

‘Crap!’ I inwardly curse at this situation. 

No time to think!

“Hotaru! Get out of the way! Get off the rock! Now!” I shout as I took steps back 

Hotaru looks at me with tears in her eyes, surprised at the sudden noise, not knowing what do she stared at me in a daze.

“Hotaru move.” I say in a calm tone, realizing shouting will only scare her more, and aggrivate th situation.

Looking at me, she hesitates but ultimately nods, and gets out of the way. 

After the coast was clear.

‘9 seconds left, if you are gonna go, go now!’ 

‘8…’ Angelica says as she begins the count down.

‘7…’ Not hesitating anymore I take a deep breath and run.

‘6…’ I jump and put my hands over my head and dive.

‘5…’

‘4…’ 

*Splash*

‘3…’ I look around 

‘Ageha! Where the hell are you!’ I thought as I spun in the water around searching.

‘2…’ 

‘There! I saw her floating limply, as if she had no more life left in her. No.

‘1…’ I pull my arms and push my legs towards her as fast I possibly can.

‘0… hurry! Kyousuke! She is in a dagerous state! Hurry!’ I hear her stop counting and push me on. I keep going, adrenaline keeping me going.

1,2,3... seconds pass. Time slows down as I swim with all my might. I feel my muscles and lungs burn as I push myself to the limit, but I don't give in.

4… and I finally reached her, I grab onto her with my left hand and swim up.

“Pwah! *cough* *cough*

“Kazuya!”

“Kazuya! Over here!”

 I look around and see Aoi, An-chan and Mabou on the water heading towards me…

I swim to shore and hand Ageha to An-chan then he carried her as ashore.

“Hah… hah…” I gasp catching my breath. Aoi and Mabou support me as we went ashore.

Ageha was lying on her back on the sandy shore as An-chan  does all he could. Hotaru was crying beside her.

“She isn’t breathing!”

“Ageha!” Aoi screams and rushes to her

I looked at what An-chan was going to do. He we about to do chest compressions…

‘That’s the wrong way’ I look in horror as he puts his hand on where her heart was.

“Stop! Tatsuya! Let me!” Everyone looked at me surprised at the sudden outburst.

“I know what to do.” As if in disbelief they hesitate as they looked at me then at Ageha.

“There’s not much time left!” I exclaim as I push the two aside, and knelt beside her. 

I put two fingers  to the side of her throat to feel for a pulse.

After 10 seconds passed, and there was none to be felt. 

‘Crap! Angelica play BeesGees Stayin Alive!’

I put the heel of my hand flat on the center of her chest at the nipple line. And using my other hand I grasp other. I make sure to position myself so that my hands were directly under my shoulders

‘What? Why? This isnt the time to dance! Kyousuke!?’ Angelica says as she looks at the unconcious Ageha.

‘Just do it!’ 

‘Ha… Okay…’ she pulls out what looked like two pods and puts them onto my ears.

As Angelica puts them on me, then I hear the beat of the song starting.

(Tududun do do dodondon dodunn dodododun…)

And to the beat of the song I press down. The force should only push the down about 2 inches, and compressions should be between 100-120 bpm when doing CPR. Bees gees has a tempo of 103bpm and there is evidence that listening to Stayin Alive by BeesGees when doing CPR increases the chance of success.

“1,2,3,4, Come on Ageha! 7,… 27,28,29,30!” 

(Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I am a woman’s man no time to talk…) music blares loudly into my ears as I stop the chest compressions, then I tilt her head back and lift the chin with one hand to open up the airway. I then with the other I pinched her nose shut. I take a normal breath in and sealed my lips with hers not letting air out, then breathed into her mouth for a second.

“Huh?!”

“Huek!”

“Whaa…?”

As I do that I hear a mix of voices around me mutter and gasp in surprise but I ignored them, and kept up my focus. I breathed in once more and pushed my lips into hers and gave her a second breath. Then after giving her two rescue breaths I continued with 30 more chest compressions. 

_________________________________________

Huh?

What is this?

….

I thought as I was floating in what looked like an infinite abyss.

‘I did... did I die!?’ I shout after regaining my senses.

No. This cant be happening!

Why… why…

I Say as tears stream down my cheek. 

NO!

No…

No…

Help me…

Aoi...

An-chan...

Kazuya...

Anyone...

I don’t wanna die…

Please…

*sob* *sob*

“Worry not, now is not your time yet my child…” A feminine voice says as a light suddenly pierces the darkness.

“Huh?” I turned to the light

“Don’t worry, he is trying his best now, so make sure to thank him for me dear…” I see a woman with silver wings, blonde hair, flawless pale skin and gorgeous blue eyes flying between me and the light.

“Beautiful…” I floated awestricken as the angel chuckled, I was suddenly pulled away from the light…

...

...

“Come on! Ageha!”

‘Huh?’

I heard a voice shout my name, it was... 

'Kazuya?' I thought then suddenly I felt a warm sensation on my mouth and air push into  my chest, as my eyes were still shut.

‘Wha… what is happening…’

Then the warmth pulled away, but quickly returned and I open my eyes to see…

‘Kazuya?’ I saw his face very close to mine with eyes closed, as I feel my nose being pinched shut and air enter my body.

 ‘He is kissing me?!’

 *cough*cough*

After that he sat down and pulled his hair back, relieved as he panted from exhaustion. But...

Kazuya suddenly pulls me into a warm embrace as he says in a worried tone. “Ageha… thank god…”

*cough*cough*

“Ka… zu… ya…” I mutter as I also put my hands around him tightly, to not let this warmth disappear, as I recalled what happened.

*Sob*Sob*

“Don’t worry I’m right here...” he says in a warm tone and fee his hand patting my head

‘Don’t worry he is trying his best now so make sure to thank him for me dear’ then I recall what the angel said.

 “Thank… you… Thank… you… thank… Uwaaahh!” then I suddenly started crying.

_________________________________________

‘Shit! She isn’t waking up’ I thought as I finished the 3rd cycle of compression and once again brought my lips against hers.

‘”Come on! Ageha!”

I breath in once…

‘Come on…’

Then twice…

*Cough*cough*

 I felt gush of water push into my mouth as Ageha coughs in the middle of a rescue breath. I pull away drop on  the sand to my back as I sat down panting out breaths of relief.

“Ageha… thank god…” I pull her into a hug as all the tension within me washed away. She coughs a few more times then also puts her arms around me.

“Ka…zu…ya…”

“Don’t worry I’m right here…” I pat her head as I held her close

*Sob*sob*

“Thank… you… Thank… you… thank… Uwaaahh!” she says as she tightens her grip on me then proceeds to cry out loud. I embrace her for a bit longer as she cried...

...

When she finally stopped.

I let her go, after seeing that she was okay, she sits up. Then…

“Onee-san!” Hotaru shouts as she dives into Ageha and dives into her sobbing

“Don’t do that ever again… *Sob*Sob*”

“Sorry…”

“Glad you are okay…” Mabou says with tears in his eyes.

“Sorry…”

“Don’t make us worry like that! Ageha!” Aoi adds

“Sorry…

“So? How was it?  Your first kiss?” An-chan teases her with a bright smile. Aoi also reacted to that somewhat.

“Sorr- Whaaa!?” Ageha suddenly covers her face, which had become beet red, as Hotaru hugs her tightly.

A torrent of voices suddenly came from Aoi, Mabou, An chan and Hotaru as they laughed at her reaction and comforted her.

“Ha… Ha… thank god…” I say as I gaze at the scene before me.  I try to catch my breath after all the tension was released from my body. I dropped onto the ground panting as I close my eyes, I feel a small warm figure lay on my chest, as I take off the ear pods…

“Thank god…” I whispered as I held the cross tightly on my chest…

If you liked this chapter hooman, please leave a favorite BeepBoop \(T^T)/

34