Chapter 17: I Met Her Parents?
884 7 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Were here!” An-chan shouts from the driver’s seat

I open my eyes to the sight of Aoi and Ma bou waking up, on top of each other. And no. Not that kind you were thinking of. The truck‘s sudden stop must have thrown the two forwards, due to not having seat belts and also being that they were asleep. As I thought that I was also the same, lying down on my side. Though my bike was alright at least. I swiftly stood up as I saw the two come to…

“hrmmm... Huh?”

“why are we…”

“Rise and shine love birds you two we’re here. Come on.” I teased and beckoned to them, as I stood up, unchained and dragged my bike then got off the back

“Why are you on top of me. Get off me!” Ma bou shouts as he pushes Aoi

“I didn’t. Youuu…” and Aoi retaliates as they somehow devolve into wrestling, with Aoi getting the upper hand. As he was the more athletic of the both of them, Aoi had the advantage, but Ma bou was determined. They went on as they wrestled on the metal floor of said truck. 

‘You’re enjoyed this,  aren’t you?’ 

‘Hmm? A maybe little?’ I shrugged a bit amused watching the scene play out while Anchan, Ageha and Hotaru got off the front as the sound of the side doors closing signaled that they were walking towards us. Ageha looks like she also slept on the way having the strength, which made it look as though she was never exhausted. 

‘Ahh youth…’ I thought outloud

‘You sounded like an old man there’ The ever mischievous Angelica jabs, while sitting on my shoulder as per usual.

Ageha and I seemed to lock eyes for a second. Then she promptly turns away, leaving Hotaru to tilt her head in confusion.

‘Kyah! Just the gaze of Kyousuke the Lady Killer, makes women blush” Angelica spouts, just as I was about to retort…

“Kazuya, what are yo-“ An-chan walked beside me and saw the scene unfold as he rubbed his temple while sighing. Looks like Ageha and Hotaru went to the front of the store, they were talk among themselves as they waited for us. 

The fight seemed to have become even more heated as they were actually rolling around. But An-chan cuts in “Aoi. Mabou. What are you doing.” An-chan says with irritation in his voice. 

“Huek!” hearing this, the two froze. Sat up, got off the truck and stood side by side. I thought that they would maybe actually bow and apologize but..

“ He started it!” Aoi says pointing to Mabou 

Shocked he exclaimed “ NO! You… he did!” they proceeded to point fingers at each other, which only added to the aggravated nerve of An-chan

“You two! Shut up!” An-chan suddenly shouts shocking me, the two and even Ageha and Hotaru who were losing their patience in waiting for us. But what surprised me more was…

Bam*

He actually banged the two’s heads into each other and dragged them by the scruff of their necks as we went to meet up with Ageha and Hotaru. Guessing this has been a long day for him, plus he being the oldest has to take the brunt of the blame.

The sight of the two dazed boys getting dragged by An-chan didn’t even make the two girls bat an eyelid as the both just giggled and whispered something to each other. 

‘This must happen often huh?’ I thought

‘So? How are you going to introduce yourself to the parents of the girls you stole the heart of? Like this?’ Angelica flew in front of me then proceeded to do an imitation me, striking a cool pose and saying ‘Hello father in law. I just took your daughter’s first time’ in a overly dramatic suave voice.

‘You make it sound so wrong… Ha…’ I looked at her with a sigh.

‘You did take her first you know? Her first kiss that is? Kyah! What were you thinking I meant K-Y-O-U-S-U-K-E’ she smiled cheekily at me then gave me a wink.

I sighed smiling as I shook my head as we went into the front of the store. 

The familiar ring of a door bell sounded as we entered the shop, Ageha and Hotaru snuck off to the side, as an also familiar looking light brown haired man wearing brown pants and a white dress shirt, greeted us. “Ohayou! Wha-… Oh it you Tatsuya-kun welcome! What can I do for you?”

“Good to see you Mr. Sato, actually…”

“Is Ageha and Hotaru with you?” He asks as he looked behind us

“Well they are actually right he-“ An-chan looked horrified as he frantically looked around when he only saw Aoi and Ma Bou who were still butting heads, both who only to stopped at An-chans gaze.

“Hmm…  Ah, there they are” The man points to the two doing an almost comical looking tip toe.

“Uhh… hehehe” Ageha rubs the back of her head as she giggles and Hotaru only looks away

The man rubs his temple and says “Greet your mother when you come in if you don’t wanna taste her butt-kicking technique again, okay?”

“Hai!” the two answers as they ran off to the back door as the brown haired man shook his head

 And ahh… Who is this?” he smiles as he gives his attention back to us while he takes off his business man façade, and proceeded to gesture towards me.

“I am Shirou Kazuya. Pleasure to finally meet you Mr. Himegi-sama” I promptly say in the most formal way I can, as I put my hand to my chest and bowed slightly, a habit that I have never lost when introducing myself to elders. I somehow felt the skeptical gaze of Angelica at me.

“Oh? Quite to polite young man huh?” He chuckles

“Well I am Himegi Sato, the owner of Himegi’s Sports Needs. Wait? Have I seen you before?” He asks as he looked at me with a quizzical expression. Himegi Sato, his name was never given in the visual novel as he was a side character back then, appearing once or twice. And when he did appear, it always read in his name plate, which came up as characters spoke, as ‘Ageha’s Father’. 

“Ahh yes sir, I bought a jissengata shinai about two days ago, and also when Ageha-chan bumped into me on my way out”

“Is that so… wait could it be?” Mr. Himegi looks at me from head to toe as he analyzes me only to smile, then nod and chuckle to himself. “Don’t be too stiff now, Kazuya-kun just call me Mr. Sato”

“Is that so… Sure thing Mr. Sato” after a polite bow An-chan cuts in

“Uhh...We actually… came to apologies” An-chan stutters as he says so

“Huh? Why?” he tilts his head to the side as he watches An-chan as if to find any clue to why

After being lead to a back room, which served as storage, though there was also a staircase leading up. We were in the second floor on what looked to be the living room. The Himegi Sports Needs Store was also where the Himegi family lived, with the first floor housing the actual shop and the second floor being the living space of the family. With two  black sofas, a couch, a television and  a coffee table in the middle, which stood between us and the Himegi family. 

On one side was us, the guys with Anchan sat on the middle, with Aoi and Ma bou beside him with me in the far end sitting next to Aoi. In front of us sat down on a similar sofa was Mr. Sato, Ageha who’s eyes darted around the room, Hotaru who was uncomfortably squirming on her seat, and a woman, with scarlet hair, red fierce eyes and ample chest, which also looked to be in her mid twenties. She wore a pink apron oven a one piece beige dress.

“Huh? Ah, Well? Who is this? ” she asked with a warm smile, though I did notice that her eyes showed a faint recognition of me. 

‘Does she know me?’

‘She does.’

“I am Shirou Kazuya. An honor to finally meet you Mrs. Himegi, I met Ageha and Hotaru about two days ago.” I say like I did last time, in the most formal way I could muster. Then she nodded and smiled to herself clearly finding an answer.

“Hooo an honor… haha  don’t be so formal, Kazuya-kun. You’re a friend of Ageha and Hotaru right? Call me Mrs. Shizuka.” She says in a jolly tone

Mrs.Shizuka, in the visual novel a person only named as Ageha’s mother, the fierce, famous woman who wielded The Legendary Butt-kick then thought Hotaru the secrets of the Himegi Techniques in Ageha’s route, one that made her akin to a ninja appearing suddenly at opportune times and was mostly mentioned when Ageha and Hotaru were in trouble or did something bad that warranted a butt kicking.

“Very well, Mrs. Shizuka” I do a polite bow whilst sat upon my chair. 

“Kazuya-san? Are you new in town?” Mr. Sato inquired as he looked to me.

“Yes, I am here for vacation from Tokyo.” I answered; this seemed to be revelation to everyone but Aoi and An-chan, though they just nodded. 

“Is that so? Well where are you staying?” Asked Mrs. Shizuka

“Hmmm… I’m staying at the Summer Home, owned by the family at the east lake” I answered as I tried to make out the location of the house

“Oh? That place…” Both parents nodded as the others also seemed surprised, but then Mrs. Shizuka seemed to be analyzing me as she also looked me up and down, then as if catching herself as she notices me looking at her with a quizzical look, she shakes her head and smiles.

‘Oh my? Is she checking you out?’ The sitting Angel sitting at the center of the table said as she looked to me grinning.

“Ah.. sorry about that Kazuya-kun I was just wondering… Why Hotaru, suddenly payed more attention to the way she dresses, to the point that she actually looks at herself in the mirror holding two sets of hangers before she goes out, you wouldn’t know why? Would yo-“ and she was cut off by Hotaru red as a tomato looking with teary eyes at her mom as she the tugged the sleeve of her mother beside her. Mrs. Shizuka chuckled at her then patted her on the head.

“No, Maam I don’t know what you mean” I say feigning ignorance with a smile, as I looked at the pouting Hotaru. I really want to pat her on the head now as I look at her.

“Is that so…” She smiles with Mr. Sato giving me a knowing look.

“Anyway. Don’t you have something to say An-chan?” I promptly changed the subject as I looked at him as did the Himegi parents, and I thought.

‘When did this become an interview about me?’ 

‘Well you might be the person to take one, or even two of their daughters away. So…” She says with a mischievous smile.

‘Shut it, can’t you see the grownups are talking here’ I thought in a joking tone 

Which only gained me, a pouting Angel glaring straight at me. “Hmmpf! I am older that you!” she exclaims and crosses her arms. 

“Ahh yes…  about that… Well Mr. and Mrs Himegi, we humbly  apologies.” An-chan says as we all gave a deep bow to them, which shocked then as they suddenly went wide eyed at the sight of us…

Then we stood up and An-chan began retelling what had happened hours prior…

Sorry for not uploading a chapter yesterday hoomans!  T^T I took a nap in the afternoon and found out it was already morning Beep Boop...

35