Chapter 20: I Went For A Ride At Windmill Hill?
852 12 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was too deep in thought that when I realized I was already alone, Ma bou must have left a while ago and I could remember when Kazuya went off. After apologizing to Ageha’s parents about what happened I walked alone on the sidewalk along the way home, I wanted to ride my bike for it really helps me clear my mind, though it was still being worked on at the bike stop, with the chain breaking making me almost fall to the ground three days ago. 

 I felt an aching pain in my chest as I recalled how Ageha look at him with a gaze I have never seen before and, to be so flustered around him. I also hated how he suddenly became the center of attention after only being here for a couple of days. Granted it did feel like he had been with us for a long time with how he got along so well, and he is quite likable. And it was like we were connected which sounds weird.

I sighed as I recalled how we reached this point in just two days.

We were a just goofing off at the secret base when suddenly kids from another town, came wanting to take our base. We fought bravely, but they were older, taller and stronger, as we were facing a crisis he came…

Like some protagonist out of some isekai manga, he caught the fist of the bully that was about to hit Ageha, then went on win against them four on one. And for that I was grateful, both for saving her and us. If only I was stronger…

 So we introduced ourselves and it went on from there. Also him coming, brought Hotaru to actually actively play with us instead of just observing, he also petted her like I did, I was okay with it she was so cute, so I don’t blame him, I am actually grateful for that.

Our time togther became more fun, it became more interesting when we would try to find ways how to fluster that guy. Though even at the teasing of Mrs. Shizuka he stood firm only becoming shocked at the sudden question but he didn’t blush. He was so in control so confident and easy to approach… 

He was also mature so much so that even though he was quiet like he was always deep in thought, he could talk on equal footing with An-chan despite the age gap, and when he actually does snap out of his deep thoughts to speak it would either be about something fun, meaningful or interesting, well most of the time, I think, though we still don’t know much about him.  It was like he was…

Perfect.

… 

When I had finally made it home the sun had just set.

“I’m home.” I said as I opened the door and rushed up the stairs

“Okaeri!” I heard my mother behind me as I went on to my room shut the door, threw my wet clothes, and bag to the side then jumped onto my bed, while I rested my arm upon my eyes as I once again thought deeply…

I hated it, the time we met him was fun, it’s always great to gain a new friend but…

It was also the time I started to see Ageha suddenly start admiring him from afar. Yes he was handsome so it was understandable but seeing her like that was when I felt a slight ache on my chest, but I ignored it. But that changed today when he did what I couldn’t…

He actually had the courage to dive off the rock after her, when she slipped and fell and...

He was calm as he pulled Ageha ashore 

He was calm he heard An-chan say she wasn’t breathing which froze us because we felt so helpless. 

He was calm when he pushed us aside and performed CPR and as put his lips on hers as he, like it wasn’t a big deal. 

He was also thinking rationally in the situation where all of us were panicking. I thought to myself that I could have done that only to feel depressed when I actually thought about doing it. 

I am thankful that he saved Ageha.

But I felt tears well up in my eyes as I remember when I climbed down and chose the safe route when he took the fastest one and saved her. So I actually understand why they all like him, and why she and probably Hotaru does too…

But it doesn’t  stop. I had recently learned that you should go out with the girls you like, according to my older friends and school mates. 

And I like Ageha the most so I thought I should ask her but now I'm not so sure…

’I like her…’

‘Why is he so cool…’

‘I could never compare to him, maybe I should give up…’

‘No! I thought! I just have to do better right! I’ll train twice as hard then!’ With new found determination I hugged my pillow as I felt myself lose consciousness…

Must have been… tired…

When I woke up it was early morning, the colors in my vicinity a vivid blue and black as the sun had not arisen yet, I was famished after not having had dinner I go to stand up. 

 And so as I rolled around I felt wetness on my pillow Did I cry?’ I asked myself at the sight of the darker parts of the pillows that probably came from my tears. 

“What am I thinking” I stretched, slapped my face with both hands and psyched myself up pushing down all the negative emotions deep down. I went down to the kitchen to see that no one was awake yet. So I went to the fridge and opened it to see a plate with curry wrapped in a plastic wrap with a paper stuck on saying “leftovers for Aoi ♡Mom”. I smile as I took it out and put in on the microwave to heat up for a minute .  

“It we had curry tonight huh?” I say as I stared at the dim light of the microwave and hear it hum lightly as the plate spun around on a glass dish. My mother owned a real-estate firm here in Kasami shopping street, as my father worked at a local company, we weren’t rich but we weren’t poor either which always made me grateful, they even bought me a road bike when I asked. So when I have the chance I always made a meal for them, which always made them smile so I was happy.

*ding*

The ding of the microwave cut through my thoughts as I was suddenly pulled back to reality. I put the curry on a plate and some cooked some garlic rice from the left over rice from last night. And so I quietly ate breakfast and after resting for a bit thinking about things. 

I shook my head and went outside to find my bike fixed. It was a hill climbing bike with the colors white, yellow, orange with black wheels and handles. I remember Kazuya’s cool mint condition road bike as I looked at my bike, I shook my head again to clear it, the sun was already out.

“Yosh! Lets make up for three days of training, by riding trice as much” I hopped on to clear my thoughts and rode off

 I had always loved riding a bike, especially riding up a hill, because while it’s exhausting to ride up a hill, the way down is so fast with the wind hitting your face, it was so much fun and, exciting.

I rode of into town and saw Kasami Shopping Street in morning. It was just the regular sight of people walking about opening their shops and stalls with drowsy expressions like they had just woken up. 

I wave to the people I know, as I drove on past only stopping at several places.

“Ohayou!”

“Oh… Aoi-kun. Ohayou.” The old man who owns a pawnshop nearby greets me aswell.

“You out for your morning drive eh?”

“Yup!”

“Ahhh… its so good to be young. Well, be careful now, and say hi to your parents for me.’

“Sure thing!” Say as I waved and cycled off. This happened many times over the course of the trip. 

After some time I had finally arrived at windmill hill, one of the places I usually pass on my regular rides. But as I was pedaling, I saw a familiar silver white bike in the distance. After squinting my eyes I saw…

“Is that?” then as if sensing me he looked behind him smirked and pedaled faster.

‘Is he challenging me? Well jokes on you Mr. Perfect I have been riding since I can remember’ I thought as I accepted his challenge and pedaled faster.

"Lets see what you got Kazuya!"

_________________________________________

‘Windmill hill, a beautiful breath taking place, no wonder it will become a popular tourist spot  in the near future’ I thought as rode on Tesla and I looked throughout into the scenery. 

The familiar scenery of the huge white shining windmills with turning propellers glistening in the morning sun as the circular solar panels collect energy from the sunlight shining upon it. All of this rest on the green luscious grass, as the all point towards the lake, some of the windmills were even on it.

“You enjoying the view?” A feminine voice asks from behind me and to my surprise it was actually a normal question, I was expecting to be teased again so…

Angelica had been mostly quiet during the whole drive. Sometimes I looked behind me to see she was still there only for her to tighten her grip. 

“Yeah Windmill hill is so gorgeous”

“As gorgeous as me?” she asks in a mischievous tone. There’s the Angelica I know.

“Nah... this is mu- ouch!” I react as I feel something bite my back.

“Stop. Stop… okay I get it!”

“Hmmpf! That’s pay back for last time.” She huffs and leans on me once more.

“You can compliment me more, you know Kyousuke…”

“ I know but where’s the fun in that.” I sat in a nonchalant tone, causing her to bite once more.

“Ouch! Okay okay! Stop it, I’ll try to, so stop.”

“Hehe… okay”

Is shook my head as we drove on.

“Kyousuke?”

“Hmm?”

“What do you think of Ageha and Hotaru? You aren’t stupid or as dense as normal isekai protagonists right? So you have have noticed right?”

“Yeah… well I think of them as little sisters for now.”

“For now huh?”

“Well, its kind of wrong to go out with them seeing as they are still too young”

“You’re a child too you know”

“But my mind isn’t, I am basically a 28 year-old man in a child’s body, hanging out with a bunch of kids a third of my age. I feel that I can’t fall in love with them this way, it feels like I am taking advantage of their innocence like a lolicon.”

“Hmmm... you're a good person huh? that’s true, that hasn’t stopped others though.”

“Thanks and yeah thought as much…”

“…”

“…”

“So… in the future… Will you bang them... then?”

“Eh?!” shocked a the sudden comment I shook my head, as I halted Tesla to a stop.

“HAHAHAHA! So that’s you weakness huh?” the mischievous Angel bursts out laughing as she hit me on the shoulder.

“Not necessarily, I just wasn’t expecting… that.” sighed and calmed down as I rode on.

‘I’ll get you later’

‘I heard that’

‘…’ 

The angel laughed out loud once again. Making me shake my head in response. 

After cycling for a few minutes I was contemplating where to head to next, at least until Angelica poked me on the back and said.

“Don’t look now Aoi’s riding and coming up behind you”

“Is that so… well I have to talk to him actually… but…” I say as an idea popped into my mind.

"What are you planning?" She looked at me with a quizzical expression.

"You'll see." I grin at her.

I turn around to see the familiar black haired boy with blue eyes wearing a red shirt and blue shorts riding behind me.

He seems to have noticed me as we locked eyes for a moment. At this merelt I smirked, then pedaled faster as if to say...

‘Come on Senor athlete show we what you got!’ 

“Think he got the message?” I wondered as I cycled on.

“Yeah… he did, he really did” She says with a cheeky smile causing me to look behind me curiously, to see him rapidly gaining on me. 

Surprised at this I put the pedal to the metal and cycled with my all as we raced on Windmill Hill…

Hello! Hoomans! I come in peace! BeepBoop!? Please leave a heart if you liked tha chapter it really helps me keep up my motivation for writing BoopBeep!?

29