Chapter 25: I Visited Himegi Sports Needs?
738 16 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few too many pancakes and a short bike ride later, we had finally arrived at the secret base. As we neared the front of the old abandoned store, there was an eerie silence in the air…

 The usual antics such as Aoi and Mabou being upside down tied to measured ropes, no laughing Ageha as she pulls a prank, and no shouting An-chan reprimanding the three trouble makers…

There was just silence; the type where you would assume something bad had happened here.

“Hmmm?” Angelica seemed to be contemplating something as she looks towards the building…

“What?” I asked

“Eh? Oh… nothing” She shakes her head hops off my shoulder and transforms

 “It’s just there is no one here.” She adds

I chain Tesla to a nearby post and I squeezed through the side of the base. As I was entering through the crack in the wall that served as the entrance to our secret base looked around the building, and sure enough there was no one here…

“Where are they?” I asked as I went up to the roof…

‘Did something happen?’ I contemplated the possibilities, while the angel looked at me with an amused expression.

‘Are they planning a surprise?” I mused, though this isn’t exactly the first time I had gotten one, the Student council members back then were famous for doing lots of them.

I smile as I recalled the seemingly short time we had spent together…

‘Well, they are probably somewhere.’ I though with a shrug

‘But what if… No. Relax this is not that kind of world right?’ I contemplated as I grow more anxious. My mind goes into a spiral of theories. Even going through dark things that happen in some isekai novels I’ve read in the past that I vaguely remember…

‘What if…’ My mind goes through all the possibilities then…

“Oi! Kazuya! You here?” A voice from below gets my attention and snaps me out of my spiral.

“Pfft! HAhahaha!” Angelica suddenly bursts out laughing

“Uhh? What’s so funny” I look at her with an eyebrow raised

“Huh? Nothing you just looked too cute as you contemplated all the possible possibilities. This isn’t that kind of world, you have positive karma, Kyousuke, so relax!” She says as she turns towards me

“Well, you know the quote ‘Prepare for the worst, wish for the best’ I was just being cautious. I have, already died once you know?”

“Hmmm, pretty sure that’s a quote for preparation, not for paranoia but… sure, whatever you say. And just look left and right when you cross the street and you can generally avoid truck-kun most of the time. Plus, because of that you met a divine angel! So, what are you complaining about?” She says with a cheeky grin as she leans forward and gave me a wink.

I shook my head, smiling as I walk towards the railings, though I once again hear…

“Oi! Kazuya!” the voice was now closer, so it became more recognizable; I looked down from the roof, to find An-chan calling out to me.

“Hey! An-chan! Wait! I’m coming down!” I shout as I run down to meet him…

“Ohh? I see…”

My previous baseless paranoia was indeed that, baseless. But it doesn’t hurt to err in the side of caution right? Well, it turns out, according to An-chan, that the others were either helping out or spending time with their family, the Himegi sisters were helping out at Himegi Sports Needs, Mabou at their family restaurant, and Aoi, who I saw earlier in the morning, was spending time with his parents. So, it was just us, though I did find something unusual…

“Then, what are you doing here then, shouldn’t you be helping out your family?” I asked him with a skeptical expression.

“Well, about that…” He puts his right hand on the back of his head.

“I was asked by my old man if he could meet you…”

“Hmm? Why would he want to meet me?”

“I don’t know, but he reacted when I said you name, specifically at your family name.”

“Is that so…” I thought about why…

‘Well, I am the son of one of the biggest automobile corporations in the country, so, maybe that’s why?’

‘Oh, lucky you. And who do you have to thank for that? Kyousuke?’ A certain cheeky angel teases as she pokes my side, I turn to see her smile and I merely rubbed my temple and shook my head… ‘Yeah, yeah, don’t push your luck, all mighty angel-sama, or I may stop making you pancakes.’ She let out an exaggerated gasp.

“Is something wrong?” An-chan asks as he looked at me with worry.

“No, no, it’s nothing. Well, come on let’s go.” I say as I begin to walk toward where Tesla was parked

“Wait, he said to get you to come by evening, when the factory closes up, so…” He suddenly says

“So…?” I say with a raised eye brow

“Why don’t we pay a visit the others, so you could better familiarize yourself with the town more?”

“In other words, you’re bored, and don’t really want to go back to the factory because you would be asked to do work. So, we are going to kill time by going around town?”

“Bingo.” He does puts up his thumb

“…”

“Pfft- Hahaha!” We share a laugh as I unchained Tesla off the post, and walked away with An-chan.

We arrived at the front of our first target, Himegi Sports Needs, An-chan said we should start easy, and go to somewhere I was familiar with. So, it was decided that this was the first place we visit. 

“Well? What are we waiting for?” An-chan asks from beside me

Through the glass door we could see a large pile of cardboard boxes, Ageha and Hotaru were with their father as they were carrying said boxes to the back room. Mrs. Shizuka seemed to be doing some paperwork by the counter, and it seems she hasn’t noticed us yet…

“Just steeling myself before going in.” I say with a shrug. I recalled the last time we came here, was when we went to apologize about the beach accident, and I remember getting teased by Mrs. Himegi when she threw me a curve ball.

“We aren’t here to rob the place so relax. Come on!” He says as pats my back and puts his arms around my shoulder as he pushes me in..

*Ding, Ding*

The familiar ring of a bell sounded as we entered the establishment.

“Welcome to Himegi Sport Needs!“ Mrs. Shizuka says from behind the counter as she looks up at us.

“Ohayou, Mrs. Shizuka.” We greeted her, Mr. Sato and the girls seemed to still be in the back room by the look of things.

“Oh, it’s you guys, welcome Kazuya-kun, An-chan? What brings you?” She asks

“Just showing Kazuya around town, Ma’am.”

“Oh… is that so…” She seemed to be contemplating something then looks at me, then goes to the side, and exits the counter and positions herself between the door and us.

“Hmm… Kazuya, I am disappointed in you…” She says in a somber tone

“Uh? Why is that Mrs. Shizuka?” I asked hesitantly with a skeptical look, I also put up my defenses.

She leans forward and looks me up and down, whilst she puts her hands on her waist

Then with a deep breath she uttered…

“Where are the nine gifts? or the bouquet of roses? Kazuya?”

“…”

“Eh?” I looked at her with a quizzical face; my defenses were bypassed in an instant

“You know? The gift you offer to the parents, to gain their blessing?” She says with a serious expression as she crosses her arms. 

“You are here to see them aren’t you? Kazuya-kun?” She suddenly smiles mischievously at both our reactions.

She then leans forward more, and whispers into my ear “Isn’t that right? Kensei-kun.”  In a playful tone.

She grins and winks as she suddenly pulls away, then walks past us toward us to the back door.

‘Kensei, does that mean…’ I thought as I stood there wide eyed, as I looked at her walk off

‘Told you, she knows you’

There was an article that showed me in the front cover when I was participating in a certain Kendo competition way back. In my opinion the magazine was dramatized and use of Hyperbole was off the charts, but it sells copies, so, what could I do? Well that same issue seems to have been read by Mr. Shizuka, and I feel that the amount of teasing I will receive from here with no doubt increase exponentially due to this…

I could already picture the others calling me Kensei…

Which was not bad or anything, just a bit embarrassing?

I sighed, then looked at An-chan as we both stood there and looked at each other in confusion

“Come on, follow me you two, Ageha and Hotaru are at the back.” she says while not turning her back 

Hearing that, we followed her, as we were walking An-chan asked “Hmmm… So, you’ve been making moves on the two behind my back, huh?”

“No. I haven’t.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah.”

“Then what was that about?”

“Don’t ask.” 

“Okay… sure…” he looks at me with one eye brow raised, clearly not convinced, but stops himself from pushing further, to my relief. Though a certain angel was grinning like a madman as she watched this unfold. There is more to come isn’t there…?

Sorry for only uploading a chapter now, I had no motivation to write for some reason this past couple of days. But its back now, BeepBoop ?

25