Chapter 26: I Got Distracted?
865 16 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hum, hum, hum…”

I tiptoed towards the now regular humming coming from Hotaru’s Room. This has become a normal occurrence, since a few days ago, when I caught her doing something bad…

 But as I was on the way, I see in the corner of my eye…

“Uhh.. Age-“

It was Oka-san.

“Shh.” I put a finger in front of my mouth and smiled, she looked at me with a skeptical look, then at the door I was in front of. She grins realizing what I was about to do, she nods in agreement.

What bad thing was she doing? You ask?

We slowly open the door to a distracted Hotaru in her pajamas holding two outfits, in front of a mirror

She was dressing up! This was an unforgivable sin for us, Himegi!

“Hmmm? This one… or this one?” She was seriously contemplating.

Hotaru was currently looking at the mirror, holding two outfits thinking about, what to put on. The light blue blouse with polka dot purple colored skirt on my left hand? Or light green with yellow colored skirt on the right, she alternating each one in front of her.

We both stood there for a minute still unnoticed then…

“Hoo… Someones becoming a lady.” Oka-san says as she breaks the ice as we moved in.

“Huh?!” Caught surprised she hides both hangers behind her back and looks at us with wide eyes

“Kukuku… so? Hotaru… what are you doing?” I asked in a teasing tone

“Uhmmm… Uhmm… Nothing…” still trying to hide them

“Hoo… you looked like you were dressing up, why don’t you let us help you” I say with an evil grin, as we slowly walk towards her

Scared, she looks between me and Oka-san as we neared with mischievous evil grins

“Oka-san! Ageha-Nee-San!” she shouts in an adorable voice and pouts, looking at us with mad but cute eyes…

“You are dressing up for Kazuya aren’t you?” Oka-san quick attacks

“Wha- I-I am…” Hotaru hesitates

“Hahaha, you’re so cute Hotaru.” Oka-san says with a chuckle as she moves forward and pats Hotaru’s head

“Why are you two even here…?” Hotaru asks in a quiet voice.

“Hehehe, nothing escapes the eyes and ears of the great Ageha! I won’t let the heresy of dressing up taint the Himegi.” I boasted as I crossed my arms and puffed my chest in victory.

“Hooo… that’s rich coming from you, maybe Hotaru, might actually snatch up your prince charming who woke you up with a true loves kiss, if you don’t start dressing up like your little sister.” She teases with a cheeky smile

“Huh! Wa-what do you mean? Oka-san! I don’t re-” I slowly turn towards her, as her target suddenly shifted from Hotaru to me. Oh no…

 “Hmm? So you don’t remember who took your first kiss? Tsk tsk, poor Kazuya.” She feints disapointment

“Wha? Wha!! Oka-san!!!”

“Hahahaha! You’re both so kawaiii!” She pulls us both into a hug.

“Kyaa!”  We both squeal at the sudden embrace

“But don’t forget about Aoi too.” She whispers into my ears

“Oka-san!!!” I shout and also pout at her. I am still not ready for that kind of thing… But Hotaru…

“Honey… can you stop teasing the girls now? It’s time for breakfast.” Oto-san suddenly appears from behind the doorway, with a gentle voice, just in the nick of time and pats me on the head.

“Hehehe…” I giggled as I feel Oto-san’s hand on my head…

“Come on.” Oto-san smiles at us as he beckons us out the room

“Hmmm…” Oka-san pouts as she looks at dad.

Seeing this he looks at her as if trying to find out what she wants… then he chuckles, and also pets Oka-san’s head.

“Heh… You are so cute too, dear…” He lays a hand on her cheek. And so they gazed into each other’s eyes as me and Hotaru glanced at each other in disciomfort.

Then… he kisses her on the lips.

“…” Me and my sister stood there dumbfounded

“Eww!” Me and Hotaru scream as we look at them being lovey dovey, and we run down.

We also hear Oka-san and Oto-san laughing as we go through the doorway and run down the stairs.

After breakfast and the morning fiasco, we were finally about to go out, Hotaru picked the light blue blouse and purple polka dot skirt. She notices my staring…

“Wha-what is it Nee-san?”

“Nothing.” I say nonchalantly as I turn. She is so cute today! Maybe I should…

“We’re going!” I call towards the counter.

Where Dad was waving us off, “Okay, be careful, you two!”

“Hai!”

 But before we could escape, we were stopped by a wild Oka-san.

“No, you’re not.” Oka-san was in front of the door blocking it.

“Hooo…” I try to squeeze through the side but she blocks.

“Hah!” I jump to the right to freedom.

“Hmmm…” but she was faster…

 We do the side step dance for a bit until we were sure we couldn’t pass, Oka-san was holding the door as she looked at me with grin.

“Huh? But whyyy Oka-san?…” conceding I ask with a pout.

“Don’t you remember… what you promised me after the beach incident?” She continues with a raised eyebrow.

“Huh?! Uhmm… uhmm…” I was sweating as I remember clearly what I promised. Not knowing what to do I looked towards Hotaru for help.

“Wha-what promise?” She asked hesitantly.

‘Wrong move!’ I shout inwardly.

“Glad you asked Hotaru.” She pats her head with a victorious grin.

“That same promise where, you two would help me with the shop, when I ask? Right, Ageha?” She says in a gleeful tone as she looked at me.

Noticing me he puts down his papers…

Yes! Oto-san to the rescue…

Then he shakes his head, smiles and puts his two hands together and does a slight bow, then continues on with the stack of papers at the counter.

‘Oto-san… why have you forsaken us?’ As I continue to stare at him, as I raise my hand in his direction

“Hahaha, no help will come, my dear, your dad has already agreed, so give up already.” She crosses her arms still maintaining her victorious smile at me as she laughs like a demon lord from a videogame.

“Eh? But but…” I mount some resistance trying to find a way out

 “But what?” she breaks it down and I look around for a way to wriggle us out of this

“A-An-chan and the others are waiting for us…” to both to me and Oka-san’s surprise it was Hotaru who said something, but Oka-san only smiles warmly at her as if she was proud that Hotaru was finally breaking out of her meek shell. 

‘Nice one! Hotaru!’

But that smile Oka-san wore suddenly became cold.

‘Or not…’

“Hooo, I already explained the situation.” she pulls out her phone and sends a text message.

“Ghh!?” Critical hit, we were on our last legs.

“But, But! Look Hotaru even dressed up. It would be a waste…” I add frantically as I used the renowned puppy dog eyes that always work on Dad.

“Hmmppp…” Hotaru followed my example and also put up puppy dog eyes.

We use Puppy dog eyes.

Nice! Hotaru! If we keep this up…

It was…

“Oh? So you mean you both want a butt kicking?” 

“Ekk!” We squealed

It wasn’t very effective…

“No…”conceding we both hanged our head down.

“Good now let’s go, it should be arriving now...” as she says that, as if it was staged, a delivery truck with the logo of RoboDelivery suddenly parked in front of the store. And two men all wearing blue gets out, and starts unloading a bunch of card board boxes of different shapes and sizes

“Oh, don’t be so down, the packages delivered today are quite interesting, so cheer up.” She says with a playful smile as she noticed our mood. I and my little sister looked at each other, a bit confused. But we were a little bit curious as to what was the package Oka-san spoke of.

_________________________________________

 …

“Dad! Whats in the boxes!” Nee-san says as she points to one

“Hmmm? It’s a surprise, Ageha.” Father brushes her off

“Heeeee… ” My sister looks at father with a dubious expression

“Hey, Hotaru? What do you think?” Nee-san asks as she looks at me 

“I-I don’t know… but…” I look at the box

We were moving cardboard boxes of things with father, with no clue what was inside any of them. When Ageha-nee-san asked, father only said it would be something, a certain someone would find interesting. Father was an enigma, and Mom was at the counter doing some paperwork, but still we were doing this for half an hour and it was like the pile of heavy boxes were never ending…

Finally unable to bear it I was going to open one, but father looked at me with a curious expression.

*Stare*

*Stare*

I crack first, and then he chuckles and walks towards me

“You’re curious of what’s inside, right?”

I nod

“Yeah! Whats inside?” Ageha says with hopeful eyes 

“Well its for…”

*Creak*

The door suddenly opened…

 “We have visitor, Anchan and…” She says with a smile, at me and Ageha, that earned our curiosity and surprise a she steps into the room and behind her was…

“Kazuya-kun…” A jetblack haired boy steps through wearing his normal casual attire of a white polo shirt, and black jeans, with the added silver cross across his neck… 

Over the past week, it has been really fun, with him…

“Oh? Speaking of… Anchan! Kazuya-san! Welcome! What brings you two?” Father says as looks to the door where two boys were standing next to mother…

“Oh, just showing Kazuya-kun around town, but he said he wanted to visit here first for some reason?” 

“Oh… is that so.” Dad suddenly looked at Kazuya suspiciously

“Uhh, when was this, my idea?” Kazuya asks as he looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

“I don’t know? I seem to remember that happening.”

“Haa…” Kazuya merely smiles and shakes his head. “Well An-chan is taking me on a tour of the town, and it just so happens we came here first” he explains

“Is that so…” Dad sighs and goes back to work 

He then looks at me then smiles warmly as pats my head. “Aren’t you dressed up too nicely, to be moving boxes Hotaru?”

“W-well…” I muttered, this has become a regular occurrence over the past week, when he notices me all dressed up he pats my head and compliments me…

“Well about that! Oka-san ambushed us, That’s why” Ageha-nee-san cuts, as she crosses her arms and looks at Mom. We also looked towards her

“Well…” She thinks of an excuse

“That’s true.” She admits it whole heartedly with a grin

“Well Kazuya, what do you think?

“About what Mrs. Shizuka?”

“Her? She dressed up for you, you know?

“Heh? Oka-san!” I shout shocking everyone in the room

Then everyone chuckled

“Is that so…” He looked at me with a confused expression, but shakes his head and smiles warmly once more 

“Thank you”

“Eh? Wa-Why?”

“Thank you for dressing up for me”

“Yo-Your welcome, hehehe…” I mutter as I look down while he continues patting my head

_________________________________________

‘That was smooth, Kyousuke, your harem is coming along nicely’ A certain angel on my shoulder teased as I patted the cute girl in front of me

’Haa… how many timed do I have to tell you, today’s society doesn’t allow, and for that reason, Polygamy is technically illegal in Japan you know? Plus which girl in their right mind will accept their lover having other girls anyway?’ I explained

‘Boooo! You know you’re no fun Kyousuke, other reincarnates have would jumped at the opportunity to get a harem, and about that this isn’t the past world, so no need to worry about girls worrying about that’ She poked me on the cheek

‘Well I am not like the others, and may I repeat myself, it’s illegal in Japan, and how messed up is this world anyway?’ I wondered

‘Well this isn’t Japan though’ She says suddenly as she flies and lands on the hand petting Hotaru

‘Uhh, as far as I could remember, which is pretty far, I am quite sure that the original visual novel was set in Japan’ I retorted

‘Well you are right but this isn’t past Japan, this is now Japan, and in this Japan you could get away with polygamy because it isn’t illegal’ She explains with a as a matter of fact tone

‘is it legal though?’ I asked

‘Well…? Let’s call it a grey zone given privilege given to reincarnators’ She grins as she says so

‘Sounds legit, not’ I try to brush her off, but her eye twitches a bit at that

‘Well remember Yoru’s route?’ She remarks

‘Yeah?’

‘If Aoi could do it so could you!’ says with a thumbs up

I sighed inwardly as I remember the Asa and Yoru route, with Aoi ending up with both twins. Supposedly dating the two, so Angelica does make a point, but…

 ‘I’ll stick to my moral code thank you very much’

‘We shall see how that so called moral code stands up…’ She says in a slightly condescending tone

‘…’

‘But is now really the time to be bantering with your favorite angel?’ She says as she gestured around

‘Favorite ang-‘ I snap out of it to see Mr. Sato was wearing a cold smile, while emitting an ominous aura, as a blushing Hotaru was looking down, whilst I petted her on the head. As for the others? Ageha was not surprised, because this is a regular occurrence in the base, she was confused at the others though. With An-chan, he was smiling as he gave me a thumbs up, when he notices me looking at him. And Mrs. Shizuka? Well… as you might expect she was wearing a mischievous smile whilst nodding slowly at me…

‘Uhm… why are they all staring’ Then as I thought that I looked at the situation, I realize how weird this is, as I regret getting distracted by a certain angel. 

How could I be so careless…

 ‘Well yeah… it’s not normal for a girl and boy to be lost in their own world, especially while the parents are present you know? And for someone to pat someone for longer than a few seconds…’

‘Hey! It’s your fault you distracted me you know?’ I say as I keep up my poker face outwardly 

‘is it the fault of the distractor? or the distractee I wonder?’ She says in a playful tone as she smiles mischievously.

Then suddenly I see Mr. Sato walking up to me. I stop patting Hotaru on the head…

‘Hooo, boy! Kyousuke how do you wriggle out of this one?’ A certain mischievous angel teases.

I sighed as I steeled myself…

28