Chapter 17 : Not cool man
69 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

. . .

I feel a tapping on my shoulder... Before I know it, I get slapped on the back of my head. I open my eyes to see Dalton, Destiny, and Andr staring at me. I look at Dalton and it seems he was the one who did it.

"So... what was that for?" I ask as I scratch my head with an annoyed tone

"Well, you wouldn't wake up after a minute of us trying to wake you up. So we hit you instead." Dalton tells me

"You suck at waking me up then." I tell him

"Well, it's your fault for telling me to wake you up. Anyway, the fight is over we sealed the portal." Dalton says

I look around and see more soldiers being treated. None of them were injured too badly. Well, seems like it was an easy win for us, I guess.

"By the way, Riku wanted to talk to us. Most likely about applying for the school thing." Dalton informs us

All I feel is pain. The suffering of having to go back there. I wanted to escape school. Well, not for a bad reason. I just didn't like it, well, I'm pretty sure all kids don't like it. I slouch and sigh with a pained expression before return backing to normal. I stand up and Dalton leads us to Garen. We go upstairs on the left side of the fort and go left and go into the nearest door. As we open the door we see Garen reading some papers.

"Yo, Riku." Dalton calls him out

"Oh, hello you four. The applications I sent were verified so you guys will be going tomorrow." Garen says as he puts the papers on a desk near him

"Nice, so we can pack our things and move in tomorrow?" Dalton asks

"You do realize, we don't have much on us anyway?" I whisper to Dalton

Dalton ignores me.

"Yes, they are currently cleaning the dorms for you four. They are also preparing other things for you guys to do." Garen tells us

"I see." Dalton says as he puts his hand on his chin

"Well, you kids should go rest. I'm not sure who let you guys join in with us to reclaim the portal. Well, at least you all survived." Garen says with a chuckle

"Yeah, we'll probably head out and shower and then rest for tomorrow." Dalton tells him

"Alright, well, see you kids later when you can take quest again haha." Garen says as he hands each of us a paper with our information on it

I look at mine and it's similar to my adventurer's card, except less detailed. I shrug as I read. It's not really important as it's just to allow us in. It just looks like a big blob of words. I mean it is but it looks like useless information similar to a useless terms of service I would say. As we finish doing whatever Dalton was doing we wave goodbye to Garen and leave the room. We head to the inn where we left our belongings and go into our rooms. I open my door to see Leticia. I kind of forgot she was with us now.

I look at her and see her sitting on the bed. She waves at me but goes to look up at the ceiling as she lays on the bed. It once again is just silence. I put my weapons and armor down and hear knocking on the door. I open the door to see Andr and Destiny wanting to invite Leticia to a bath. She doesn't want to go but she is forced anyway, leaving me alone in the room. I should probably go to the shower rooms to myself I guess. I leave my room and lock it with the key. I head over to the shower room which, hell I didn't even know it exists but it does apparently according to a paper in the room.

I walk over to the other side of the inn and open the door and see many showers. So I walk into one and go shower. I spend the next fifteen minutes washing myself before leaving and going into my room. I open the door and see that Leticia hasn't returned. Then again, I have the keys so she wouldn't be able to get in without me lol. I lay down on my bed and put my hands behind my head. I close my eyes. . . Then I hear knocking. I open the door and its Leticia. Took the girls awhile again, lol. I let her in and lock the room. 

I shut off the lights and go into bed and try to sleep. I'm not really sure what Leticia is doing but shrug I'm sure it's nothing. I close my eyes and go to bed.

I wake up the next morning to chirping. I open my eyes and see my window slightly opened. Leticia is standing by it and looking out to the distance.

"Uh... morning?" I say with an awkward tone

She turns to me

"Yes... morning." she says with a small stutter

"So... you feeling better?" I ask

She doesn't say anything but she does nod back as an answer. I'm not entirely sure if that is a yes or no. But I'm pretty sure it means yes. I get out of the bed and put the rest of my belongings into the bag. I put on my sword and use magic to put my shield in place on my back.

"Oi! Link ya done yet?" Dalton yells 

"Yea." I answer 

Wait, can Leticia even stay with us at the school or academy or whatever the fuck thing? Eh, I'm sure it'll be fine.

"Hey, Leticia lets get going." I tell her

She nods and follows behind me. Dalton and the group were standing near the door waiting for us. I lock the door and we all head downstairs. I hand the key over to the clerk. We head outside.

"Wait wait, do we even know where it is?" I ask 

"Yes, we do." Dalton assures me

I sigh. Dalton leads the way forward to the place. We go in many directions. I'm pretty sure he got lost. We eventually find it after thirty minutes. It's like a high school building except fancier, has a bigger field, and close to the outskirts of Plumeria's capital apparently. I look around and yeah it is close to the outside of Plumeria. There's also a forest nearby. I'm not necessarily sure where we are though... North? East? West? I think about it. Yeah, maybe east as it looks that way.

"Let's head in shall we?" Dalton tells us

We all nod and go inside the building.

"Ah. You four must be the new students joining us today.  But who is she?" the clerk lady says as she points to Leticia

. . .

"She's a friend." Dalton says

"Ah! Well they can't necessarily be here sadly during class time for the academy." she says

"Umm..... Miss Sandez's, can we let her in? Can we let her join us?" Andr says with a nervous tone

"Hmmm? Oh! It's you. Sure we'll let her in because you said so but you have to talk to the principle later on today." she says

"Ok..." Andr says with a sigh

Stage fright? Eh, none of my business. I shrug to myself. Dalton and Andr walk up to the lady and she hands them keys and papers. We also walk up to her to give her the papers Garen gave us.

"Alright so the boy's dorms are in the left in the back of the school and the girl dorms are in the right." she tells us

We all nod. We walk to the back of the school and see two buildings which are the dorms. Dalton and I have to go left and the girls go to the right. We wave goodbye to each other and then we head into our dorm buildings.

"So where are our rooms?" I ask

"It's upstairs. We're sharing rooms by the way." Dalton tells me

"I see." I reply

We walk inside. It's nice inside the building. There are some paintings and potted plants. It's nothing too fancy. I also notice some armor statues. Huh, neat. The floor is a royal blue with an outline of gold. The walls are also partly royal blue and yellow. I look at each of the room doors and they have signs with a letter from A-Z most likely. They also have numbers such as A-1 through A-20. It appears to be fifty rooms per floor.

We go upstairs and our room is D-6. We open it up and there are three beds. Though it's only two of us with this room. So nice an extra bed. I look around and there are three desks, lights, lamps, chairs, dressers, and a bathroom. The room is similar to the building with its color design. I put my belongings near my bed which was the third bed farthest from the bathroom as it's on the left and my bed is on the right. I look on the bed and there lay the school uniforms.

"Here." Dalton says as he passes me a paper

I look at it and... it's an fucking schedule. Piece of shit. Apparently, all four of us have the same magic learning classroom thing and then there's PE. Then we have tutors to learn swordsmanship and magic. We have two tutors and two classes. Huh, neat. So it's fewer classes but longer classes.  I look at the school uniform. It's pretty simple looking and it kind of reminds me of Japan's school clothing. I find that amusing. The colors are dark blue and green with a purple flower on the left side of the chest. I take off my clothes I have on and swap to the school uniform and so does Dalton.

"Well, the class will start soon. So we better get going." Dalton informs me

"Oh. Okay then." I tell him

I finish fixing my clothes and put the bag down. I have my sweater still in there. Fuck it. I take out my sweater and put it on with the hood. Back to classic Link with his hoodie.

"Your going in with your hoodie?" Dalton asks me

"Yes. Yes, I am." I answer

"Well, alright then." Dalton says

We walk out of the room and Dalton locks the door.

"Welp... the first day of school again." Dalton says

"Yeah, and I hate it." I reply

"Pffft, could be worse." Dalton says with a chuckle

I sigh and say "Maybe..."

Well... the first day of school again. I'm ready to suffer and nap in class again. It's like repeating history. Dalton and I walk off once again to go to class this time...

0