Chapter 21 : Going into the jungle
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We eventually make it to the camp and we're dropped off. The wagon driver gets off to put some things away in a tent. Illusion yells at us to get going to the leader of the camp. We follow him inside of a tent. 

"Heya commissioner." Illusion says to the tall elf man

"I have a name, you know." he says as he rolls his eyes

"Yeah, yeah, details on the mission?" Illusion asks

"Well, we're having adventurers like you go around clearing or looking for camps with those worshippers. We will have an elf journey with your group in case you guys get lost." he tells him

"Sounds excellent! We'll meet that person outside." Illusion says as he walks out

"You know, I have a feeling that we weren't really needed." I tell the group

"Yeah, probably." Dalton replies

We walk out of the tent and stand beside Illusion. As we wait around, I think to myself. Wait, can Leticia even fight? Even if she did join Plumeria's academy. Three days? No. Then again we never actually trained ourselves... But we fought against easy monsters. 

"Uh... guys? Can Leticia even fight?" I ask

"I was also thinking about that... just didn't know when to say." Melia mumbled

Leticia shook her head no.

"Don't you own her? Dalton told me ya did. So it's your fault she was brought along." Illusion says

"What? No, I don't own her. It's fucking Blaz's fault. Also, they suggested bringing her along. So technically I'm the most innocent." I complained

"Wait, I thought this conservation was about her not being able to fight?" Dalton says

Me and Illusion stare at him.

"Why are you guys staring at me?" he asked

. . .

"Fuck you guys." I answer

"Okay, so, we are leaving Leticia in the camp?" Destiny questioned

"It seems so." Dalton answered

"You know what, just take her along..." I said as I roll my eyes

"No need to be aggressive. You are the one who asked it." Illusion joked

"Whatever." I reply 

I stare back at Leticia. The eyes are the same as before. They seem lifeless. Well, not like I can change that. An elf eventually arrives named Ivran. He looks like your standard elf, long blonde hair, long ears, and green clothes. He will be guiding us once we lose track of where ever the fuck we go, I guess. Now, all seven of us enter the jungle. It's... well a jungle, not a lot of things to describe besides the rivers, vines, and big ass trees there are. We eventually come across a camp.

There seems to be a totem with a mask strapped onto it? It's colorful and has face paint? It looks like those African American, Mayan, or Hindi masks? To be honest I'm not even sure if the mask is correct to the actual masks back on earth. Not like I have actually seen the masks in real life. I only know about them but never seen em. 

The totem was in the middle and a fire was lit and they were dancing around it. Maybe they were chanting? Either way, I wouldn't understand it. The camp itself just had wooden fences and tents. They were colorful. I see the color purple, red, light blue, and black. The fences themselves were also painted for some reason. They were dark blue, green, and red. It was almost a rainbow, almost. 

"Halt, we want to capture them. Do not kill them." Ivran demanded

I'm assuming they want to interrogate them but whatever. We unsheathe our weapons. I think to myself, whos going first? Dalton charges out first as no one seems to want to go first. Logically I should go first since I'm using a sword and shield, but shrug. I follow after Dalton and start running towards the camp. The masked people are yelling in a language that we do not understand. They are all alerted and grab their weapons. They were equipped with stone spears, knives, and some with shields. 

To be honest, I don't know how I won't accidentally kill them. Well, maybe ill injure them badly but not kill them. I look at Dalton deflecting arrows and blocking attacks. How the hell does he do that? I finally reach the camp and block a couple of knife throws. A stone knife hits the edge of my right leg. I shield bash a person and knock them to the ground and block a hit from behind. I force the person to the ground. Melia and Destiny cover me as they use magic on the other people.

Melia used light to blind some of them and entangles them with the vines gathered around. Destiny launches a small ice needle into someone and freezes their body. I also see Illusion using lightning to paralyze them. The person I forced to the ground I bash his face to knock him out. As there weren't many people here, we capture them all easily. Ivran then uses magic to reinforce the vines with magic and force so it can be properly used to tied the masked people up. 

They were yelling at us but we couldn't understand.

"So, anyone understand what they are saying?" I ask

"Probably cursing at us. As seen by their irritated yelling." Illusion says

"Maybe." I mumble

"You six wait here. I will give a signal for my brethren to come and take these people." Ivran says

He walks towards a tree and uses magic to call his elf friends. Not sure what they are saying as they are semi far from us. He then uses magic to make a green beacon.

"Now, let us continue." Ivran says

We then walk in another direction. We see another camp and walk towards it. One of them spots us and starts alerting everyone.

"Hold up, I got this." Illusion says as he snaps

As he snapped the clouds appeared to get darker around the camp and lightning struck. It struck all of the masked people leaving them on the ground. That's a big flex coming from him.

"Do you even need us if you can do that?" I ask

"Well, I can only do it to 30 people! So that means 3 times vs 30 people." Illusion says with a thumbs up

Well, his magic makes things easier. Ivran does the same as before and alerts his brethren. Man, I'm not really consistent with my words, am I? Well, I am but at the same time not. We once again continue on and defeat camps and capture them and repeat. Eventually, night falls and we set up a small camp. Apparently, Ivran summoned a tent. I'm not sure how but he did it. As we set up a fire I recollect my thoughts cause why not.

I didn't see Leticia much during these fights now that I think about it. She's just chilling, I guess. She can't fight so I can't really blame her. But logically, it doesn't make sense that we can fight either? Summoned and now suddenly we know how to fight? Was it the academy? The first two quests? Oh well, I guess I'll never know. Wait, I did use swords before but uh... still doesn't make sense. I look around and see that Destiny, Dalton, and Melia have already fallen asleep. Leticia and Ivran are still up though.

"You guys not sleeping?" I ask

"We are elves, we do not require as much sleep as humans." Ivran answered

"Oh, Uh... yeah ok then?" I reply as I shrug to myself

I turn to Leticia and she just stares at the fire. Ivran walks over to me.

"That... girl. Is she okay? I can tell she is a fellow elf. But something seems off." Ivran whispers to me

"Dun know. Ask her not me." I whisper back

"She does not seem comfortable talking to me. I do not like you humans but I will tolerate and respect. She for one seems to cling to the 4 of you. Do for it the elves." he replies

"So... basically you're worried for her and you want me to help her since you don't want to force your way to what's wrong?" I joked

". . . Yes, I guess you could see that way." he answers as he walks away again

So, he doesn't like us? But he's asking me to help her or well the 4 of us to help her? Bruh moment. But sure ok. Or he's just being tsundere about it. Eh, who knows. 

"Well, I guess I'll go sleep or something. You two rest hopefully." I tell them

I walk into one of the tents Ivran made and put my sword and shield down and climb into the sleeping bag thing? Whatever. The night goes by quickly and I wake up. I yawn and turn next to me to see Leticia sleeping next to me. Huh, when did this happen? She seems to sleep peacefully though, so that's a good thing at least. I grab my gear and get up and go out to see Dalton and them outside already. I notice Illusion and Ivran are not among us though.

"Morning." Dalton says

"Sup." I reply 

"How was sleep?" Dalton asked

"I don't know. It was sleep. It was good? I guess?" I answer with a shrug

As we were talking Leticia walks outside of the tent I was in.

"You two were sleeping with each other?" Dalton asked

"Yes and no? Also, you can't say shit since you were sleeping with Melia, and Destiny I guess." I answer

"Well, ya got me there." Dalton joked

I notice both Melia and Destiny walk over to Leticia. Really left us guys out. Oh, well. Illusion and Irvan then return to the camp.

"We have found a small temple further inside the jungle. You all have 30 minutes before we head out." Irvan says

"I'll be chillin by the tree's if you guys need me." Illusion says as he plays with his daggers

Well, I'm already done getting my things and stuff. So, it's really just the others I guess. The others are just messing around so the 30 minutes pass by quickly and we head out. We enter deeper into the jungle as it gets denser. We passed by a river with a totem on a rock in the middle of the river. As we got deeper a building could be seen. The temple was finally visible and nature was growing over it. It was an old temple some cracks and there with some unpolished walls or layers.

We finally end up at the temple and have to climb some stairs to even reach the entrance of the stairs. It drains some energy out of me.

"Can we take a break?" I ask out of breath

"We haven't even gone far." Irvan says

"Do you know how many god damn stairs we just climbed?!?" I complained

"Man, I should tell Harold to help you with your stamina instead of close combat." Illusion joked

God damn it Illusion. I can see that some of us lost some energy but weren't as tired as me. 

"Fine, a small ten minute break." Irvan replied

We take a small break because of me. I mean, they could have left me behind, to be honest, but whatever. I look at the temple itself and see paintings on it of worshipping a mask. Each painting had a different mask and was inconsistent with the other versions. Maybe the mask changed forms? Who knows. Not like we're gonna meet some god or legend any time soon anyway. The 10 minutes pass and we are forced to move on to discover what's inside and any of those masked worshippers.

As we entered we heard a child laugh.

"What the fuck was that?" I ask

"It sounded like a child." Melia replied

"But what would a child be doing here?" Dalton questioned 

"But it's not here?" Destiny answered

"Yeah, why would it be here is the question." Dalton repeated

"It might have just been a hallucination." Ivran tells

Leticia doesn't say a thing. But she did shiver as we heard it. I look at Ivran and he has a somewhat disappointed face.

"No, that's not a hallucination. We all heard it." I reply

"Let's just do our jobs instead of focusing on some child's voice. As far as we know we haven't seen any children here beside you 5!" Illusion joked

"We're not children... We're teenagers..." I complain

"You guys still act like them though. Come on, let's just move on folks." Illusion says

I sigh, but everyone has seemed to move on from this subject. The hallway inside the temple was dimly lit. So we decide to grab a torch. Dalton also decides to ignite his fire sword as he still has it. We continue to walk down the hallway and then suddenly a sound of a tile sinking could be heard. I look around our feet and Dalton stepped on a trap? The tile went down on one of his feet.

"Uh, gu-" I tried to say before we started to fall

The floor under us disappears and we all fall into a hole from our tile. You'd think the elf would notice the trap, but shrug I guess. Also, those tiles are pretty big for us to fall into. Anyway us screaming could be heard.

"What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck." I said as I fell

I have no idea if the others said anything but I heard them screaming.

0