Chapter 23 : Relaxing, and left hand?
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up in cold sweat feeling guilty, but I eventually compose myself. I look around and see that I am no longer in the jungle temple or the camp area. Looks like we were taken back to Plumeria's capital. How long was I out? Probably not too long. I feel my right arm and a cast has been put over it. Ah, I remember, I got hit with the club with the blades on it. Noticing the cast and remembering getting hit gives me a tingle of a shock.

I look around again and it appears to be a hospital-like area with curtains and such. The beds are white, curtains around the beds, and I'm not in my normal clothes but white plain clothes. I look to the side to see a small desk with some grapes, strawberries, and one apple. I eat fruit guys but not this much so why? I shrug to myself. The room overall is pretty plain, except for the paintings I guess. They have the image of Plumeria's goddess.

I turn to the side again to look at the other bed with a person laying on it with their hands on their head. Wait, Dalton?

"Dalton?" I ask

"Link! You're awake. Didn't notice." he says as he pulls the curtains back

"Wait... What are you even doing here?" I questioned

"I sprained my ankle during the fight. I recovered quickly though." he explained

I make a confused face before saying "Oh... Wait... Quickly?"

"You would be surprised what healing magic can do." he tells me

"Oh... Yeah, makes sense, I guess." I mumble

"Since you're awake, I'll go get a nurse so she can tell you about your condition and things. I'll go get your clothes back at the academy dorms." Dalton says as he stands up and walks out

He could have said more before leaving... But I guess that's my fault for not asking. I sigh. I start to eat some of the fruit while waiting. About 6 minutes pass and a lady with short brown hair walks into the room with a clipboard. She looks like a modern nurse but at the same time not. She has a flower on the left part of her chest. Man, Ntaj got some wack ass industrialization. Is that the proper word? Eh, whatever. It's like the forced mix of the modern era and medieval times.

The nurse lady waves at me to see if I'm paying attention and to her dismay, I am not. She informs me that my arm will heal in about 2-3 weeks as healing magic was used on it and that we lost 2 gold. Is that expensive? No idea. She also informs me that I can use my arm to do basic things just nothing stress-worthy. Well, that fucking sucks. She then says goodbye and leaves.

Do I wait for Dalton or leave? I feel like a lost child. Dalton enters the room as I was going to answer myself.

"Heyo Link! I'm back. Here are your clothes." He says as he drops the clothes on the bed

"Ok, well, leave the room so I can change." I tell him

He gives me a nod and then leaves the room and closes the door. I get up and undress the hospital clothes and put on the academies clothes. I struggle slightly to get my cast through the armhole but I did it. After I finish dressing I put the hospital ones on the bed. I open the door and see Dalton waiting by the side of it. We walk out of this hospital. Dalton sparks up a conservation.

"So, how's your arm?" he asked

"It's fine. How are Destiny, Melia, Leticia, and Illusion?" I reply

"Oh, Destiny and them just got out of the Purple Rose academy. Illusion went on another quest." He answers

"Purple Rose academy?" I say confused

"That's what the Plumeria's academy is called. Did you not know that?" he says

"No. No one said that. Hell, not even teachers. At least I have the name for it now." I complain

"I thought Melia told ya. I would have assumed someone would have told you anyway." he replies

I sigh and then ask "How long was I out?"

"A day and half." he replies

Ah, so it's Monday... I think. I'll just check on my phone when we get into the dorms later. I look back at the hospital and the sign for it is the red cross with some potions next to it. The door is just wood. I turn back to look around the city. It's kind of packed today,

"Shall we meet up with them?" he asked

"Uh... Yeah." I answer

Dalton and I walk over to the academy. They notice us and walk towards us. Dalton waves to them so I decide to do the same with my right arm. It tingled a little but nothing too bad. As we get face to face they ask if I'm doing okay. Even Harold showed up.

"Hey, looks like your arms crippled." Harold tells me

"You would be more crippled than me." I mocked

"Says the injured one." he jeered

"Says the one who's more likely to get crippled." I sneered

We laugh it off as a joke.

"Anyway, I guess we won't be training that much until that arm of yours heals. I'll alert my wife about it." Harold tells me

"Thanks." I reply

Harold waves goodbye as he has to buy groceries. I wave back at him. We all then decide to go get snacks. We go to an ice cream shop and buy some ice cream. I get cookie n cream, Dalton gets chocolate, Melia gets strawberry, Destiny gets mint, and Leticia gets vanilla. I'm surprised they have this but then again I shouldn't.

We walk out of the store eating our ice cream and go into the outskirts of the capital and go into the fields. I finish my ice cream as we get there and everyone else is almost done. We go to the same tree from before in the fields. It was on a small hill now that I think about it. I look around and see other people playing. I see kids, couples, family, and friends. The fields have quite a bit of purple flowers. Though, there were also pink, blue, red, yellow flowers, and dandelions.

Dalton asked me if I want to play games with them to pass time. I decline as I lack stamina for it and my arm. I sit down by the tree. Leticia also joins but standing up. She's too close to the point where I can see her... Ignore it Link. They start off with green light red light. Oh, they are playing children's game. I mean, not that I don't mind, but we're high schoolers.

I speak to Leticia and say "Hey, how come you didn't join them?"

"I do not feel obligated to join them..." she answers

"Oh? And why is that? Embarrassed?" I teased

"I... Um..." she hesitated 

I stand up.

"Come on, join em." I suggest to her and then continue with "Go have some fun. Don't be like me and sit here. Go have fun with them, Leticia."

She hesitates but she steps forward and goes to join them. Man, I feel like a dad. Oh, well... I watch as they play green light red light, tag, and other childish games that I do not know the names of. Knowing that they are happy gives me a happy feeling, but it soon returns to my rather apathetic mood. I doze off.

I awake to Melia bending over pinching at me to wake up.

"You doze again..." she says sighing

"I fall asleep a lot. It's normal." I say to her

"Well, it's getting late so we are heading back to the dorms to sleep." she replies

"The others leave yet?" I ask

"No, they are over there." she says as she points at them

Dalton waves at us. Wait... fucking lazy ass didn't want to wake me up. I sigh to myself but stand up.

"Alright, let's get going then." I tell her

Melia and I walk over to the group and we all start walking to the academies dorms. The lights on some of the lamps in the city start to light up. Guards stationed outside and inside the gate. Must be tough having night shift for a guard. Literally, nothing to do but talk about gossip and rumors. We eventually reach the academy and then go around the back to the dorms. 

We wave our goodbyes. Dalton and I then walk into the boy's dorms. The boy's dorm still has the same old blue and gold layout with the knight armor stands. I think they added some new decorations too. Or maybe I don't remember. If I remember correctly it's still August. I think? Ok well, whatever. Some maid and butler looking people are seen cleaning the halls.

We eventually reach our room and get inside. Dalton says he will go shower first. So while he is showering I think to myself. Guilt... guilt... Why did it hit me earlier? Maybe I should ignore this. Well, so much for thinking to myself right? Heh, anyway, I pull out my phone and it is August 27th. I power off my phone again to save its battery. Maybe I should take it out one day to take pictures. Even though I would have no way to charge it.

Illusion uses lightning magic... maybe it could supercharge it? No, I don't think that's how science and phones work. Forget that idea. I lay down on the bed just looking through my memories. I miss them, but at the same not. Dalton comes out of the bathroom with a towel around his neck and is in his pajamas.

"Aight, your turn." he says as he dries his hair with the towel

I get up and go into the bathroom and take off my clothes to shower. As I am showering I just sit there. Head empty no thoughts... Well, not much to think about right now besides... Nah. I grasp my fist for a moment but release it with a sigh. I wash and then finish and get out. I dress back in school attire as I could care less about pajamas. Dalton is already fast asleep, so I get into bed myself and fall asleep.

Another night goes by and nothing happens. I wake up to Dalton yelling at me to wake up.

"Man, you sure like oversleeping." he tells me

"It's a habit, not going away anytime soon." I reply

"Well, we got 20 minutes so you still got time to brush your teeth, wash your face, maybe do your hair." he says

"You already know I don't do my hair. But yeah, I will." I stated

I spend 3 minutes washing my face, 7 minutes on my teeth, and the rest relaxing. We then head to class together. I notice Shiro and Zuj down the hall too. Zuj waves at us and Shiro stares. I look at Dalton, but he doesn't seem to care. We reach class and sit down. Some of the students look at me, including the teacher.

"You were in an accident?" questioned the teacher

"Uh... Yeah." I answer

He stares but readjusts his glasses and sips his coffee. Wait... What did they learn yesterday?

I whisper to Melia cause I don't think Dalton remembers what happened in the morning. She tells me they learned some basic spells and that was it. Jee, that would have been wonderful to get some help on magic. Oh well, I'll ask Harold to help me with that instead. The teacher goes on to say that you don't have to chant to cast a spell. Though if you do, you can trick some people into the wrong spell, but most people don't do this.

The teacher goes over some basic spells and then a moderate one and then a complex one. Also, apparently creating rain from clouds using water is hard. Which is surprising? Honestly, not too sure. But ya know, science and logic, but then again magic. Anyway, that was useless info for me anyway. Class goes by quickly and we head to PE, but since I can't do anything I just sit there. I watch as the kids just do some warm-ups and then do some light sparring.

PE took long but eventually, lunch comes. We go to eat at the cafeteria. We all sit down together eating different things this time. Melia and Destiny both got salads, Leticia has something which I don't know what it is, and Dalton got drum sticks. Me? Well, I got curry. Food is food so I don't really care.

"How was school like with a cast?" Dalton asked

"Great, I literally did nothing. It's a great feeling." I answer

"Lol, good luck with the training though." he replies

"I'll be fine... I think." I say with a shrug

The girls have small talk about girl things. They might be talking about gossip, to be honest. Lunch passes and class begins again. I walk to where the gym is and see Celine. I wave to her. I join up with her and she tosses me a sword that I catch with my left hand.

"Harold told me what happened with your right arm. We will be going easy and you will be learning with your left arm for now." she states

"Uh... Ok?" I reply

She signals to swing at her. Which I can, but not effectively since I'm using my left arm which isn't my main. Unless I learn to fight with my left arm. Maybe I should... I swing at her which she blocks. She doesn't do anything too extreme or well, normal for us anyway. I fail to get any hits in with my left arm as all my swings are blocked and aren't as fast and accurate. It's a lot harder too since I use more energy for my left arm and it's harder to stop the force of it.

I can block some of her hits but she still hits me. I try but I still fail. Better than nothing I suppose. I sit down on the floor with some sweat on my face. I drop the sword and wipe the sweat off.

"You should probably practice with your left hand more in case another scenario like this happens again." she suggests as she walks away

Our class time together is over and Harold is about to come and help me now. Maybe I should take that into consideration on my left arm. Practice... Training... I lack motivation for it though... I suppose I won't. I sit down by a pillar as I wait for Harold.

0