Chapter 51: Field Assignment
1.6k 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors Note:  

Rushing this one out sorry if there's any grammatical errors or mistakes.  Enjoy <3

 

There was a sense of tension and apprehension as Mari made her way into the classroom everyone seemed to share in both her tiredness and her unease. Azalie Cromwell was resting on her table, that dangerous aura still surging all around her.

 

                                                                               “Good, everyone’s here let’s start the lesson.”

                                                                               “Is what I’d like to say but we have a visitor.”

                                                                 

 

The head mistress entered accompanied by two others one was a young man maybe a few years older than Mari with white hair and dark blue eyes and dressed from head to toe in immaculate white armor.

 

Holding his hand was a petite woman with shoulder-length brown hair and brownish green eyes she held a sullen expression clenching the man’s hand tight while directing her gaze downward.

 

“You are now in the presence of Emperor Soren Grayfia and his Wife Empress Karis.” The Headmistress said.

 

“So kneel, you idiots,” Azalie commanded.

                                                                               “Yes.” the class said in unison, taking to one knee.

 

 

                                                   “There’s no need for such formality everyone rise.”

                                                     My name is Soren and I am the current emperor, even though I do not wish to be.”

 

                                                                               “I along with my lovely wife have come here to thank you for your future bravery and efforts.                                                                                          glad you’re on our side and we expect tremendous success so no pressure.”

 

 

The emperor’s nonchalance masked a staggering sense of desperation and apprehension he certainly looked the part though and she didn’t envy him ruling must be a pain in the ass in times of peace let alone when the fires of war are raging.

 

The emperor delivered a rousing speech about how we were the only hope of the empire and that we faced an almost impossible task in overturning the Hyogo Kingdom: it was rather demotivating honestly .

 

“Forgive me for rambling It seem we’ve run out of time.”

                                                                “Mr’s Cromwell will fill you on your field assignment.”

                                                                “Good day, Class IX” The Emperor said

                                                                 “Do your best..” Karis whispered just loud enough to hear.

                                                                 

 

 

They seemed like an odd paring, a raucous and foolish emperor and an achingly awkward and quiet empress. Not like Mari could judge being a total doormat and failure in her former life.  

 

 

                                                                              “Excuse me, teacher.” Beatrice asked..

                                                                                “Just call me Azalie kid”

                                                                               “Is it true that you’re a reaper?”

 

                                                                               “I was a long, long time ago.”

                                                                              “I don’t believe you all the reapers died at…” Lilith interjected

                                                                            Okay then…” Azalie sighed

 

In a split second Azalie was behind Lilith with a dark serrated blade pressed against her throat.

 

                                                                               “Is this  proof enough?”  

                                                                               “I.. I believe you” Lilith shuddered.

                                                                               “Good, now than no further questions.” Azalie smiled.

                                                                               “Alright, let’s brief you on your field missions.”

                                                                               “Field missions? But aren’t we here to study magic to fight the kingdom?” Kaim inquired.

“Ordinarily you’d just be students but, these aren’t ordinary times and your soldiers first and students second and as soldiers we need to gauge your current aptitude.”

 

“So we’re breaking you up into two team's one of five and one of four and sending you on two field missions, don’t worry they’ll be fairly easy we can’t have any of you dying on us.” Azalie said trying to be reassuring.

 

“Excuse me, Miss Azalie your math doesn’t add up” Aeolus said.

 

 

  “You’re right luckily there’s a temporary person joining the class for this field mission.”      

“When I call your name, stand up and join your assigned group”

 

 

“Astrea, Crusch, Fischer, Oxcross! You’re Team A move to the left corner,” Azalie directed.

 

                            “Nekomata, Octavia, Anno, Usagi” You lot are Team B, move to the opposite corner.”  

 

                                                    “Oh my, you’re stuck with two demi-humans how unfortunate” Mari jeered.

                                                                 “And you’re no better, you revolting rabble.” Lilith huffed.

                                                                 “Eat me, bitch.”  

                                                                 “You couldn’t afford me sow.”

 

 

Mari unwillingly took her place in the line-up, hoping that she might get along with the other two squad mates

 

 

                                                                         “And now for your last team member.”   

                                                                                “You may enter now.”

 

 

                                                               “Pardon my intrusion” A familiar voice sounded.

                                                                “No fucking way” Mari said, tensing her fists.

                                                                “Hurry and introduce yourself.” Azalie yawned.

                                                    

                                                                  “Hello everyone we’ll only be together for a short time but let’s do our best.”               

 

                                                              “My name is…”

 

                                                              "Maya Lycoria.”  

Were you expecting that little reunion?
  • Yes Votes: 3 3.4%
  • No Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Bro... Votes: 65 73.0%
Total voters: 89
30