Chapter 5 : The Girl in the abyss
8.8k 11 195
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Thank you so much, Shinobu.” I said

I bowed out of respect without even thinking about it, respectful behaviour like that was seared into my bones. Now that I had a better sense of my bearings I headed back to bed but falling asleep proved quite the challenge.

My head was swirling with thoughts about my previous life, the goddess who sent me here and this brave new world laid out before me, I closed my eyes and pictured my former family. My wife Ayumi we had been childhood sweethearts and were living the dream for a while before reality struck, our first child. Arashi he shined brighter than the sun and gave me something worth fighting for than we welcomed our second child, my only daughter Azusa into the world four years later.

This is stupid why am I thinking about them now, I made my choice, they didn’t deserve me. If they wanted me to stick around they should have treated me better and acknowledged everything I did for them.

And with that I drifted off into a deep sleep, I dreamed for the first time in a long time. In the dream I was naked standing in a space of absolute darkness, nothing was around me I was all alone. I started walking aimlessly.

“Hello is anyone there?” I asked.
“Great alone in abject nothingness, My day keeps getting better and better.”
“No pouting, You’re a big girl now.” a female voice said.

Before I could react I felt arms wrapping around my shoulders and a woman appeared before me. Her arms were dark, darker than the blackness that surrounded us.

“Your aroma is intoxicating,” she said.

Taking a handful of my hair smelling it before running strands through her long slender fingers. I felt a calmness swim through my body and my heartbeat stopped to a crawl. “What the hell are you?” I asked.

She disappeared but I could still feel her presence swirling all around me. “Is that any way to speak to your master, now than, kneel.” An overwhelming pressure forced me to my knees. The girl appeared again floating above me.

She was made of the same material as the abyss, her face was featureless and her hair shined like the night sky filled with stars. “You’re the first human I’ve ever allowed into my home, and you have the arrogance to be rude to me.” the girl said.

“I forgot my manners let’s try this again. What the hell are you, Please.” I said

“Very well if you’re going to behave like a bitch, I’ll train you like one.”

Before I could blink the girl's hand was around my throat and we had travelled high into the air. The girl's strength was monstrous I could feel my windpipe being crushed.

“Beg me.” the girl said.
“What…” I murmured.”
“Beg me like the dog you are, Say please, forgive my human stupidity.”
“Say it now,” the girl said.

Her grip tightened and I felt myself beginning to lose consciousness I was going to die again, I had to think of something to say to get myself out of this position. “Your…Name….” I said.

“Huh what’s that, speak up human.” the girl said.
“I can’t beg…without knowing your name….” I said.

She paused and relinquished my throat and I plummeted crashing into the ground with force. The girl descended and walked towards me with a grinning

“You found a flaw in a being as immaculate as I, and for that, I’ll overlook your uncouth behaviour this once.” the girl said.

“I need no name, Only humans require such trivial things.” The girl said.

“Than how should I, a lowly peon address an immaculate being,” I said

“I’ve been called many things by you humans. Demon, monster, abomination, fiend, beast and my favourite the abyss.” The girl said.

“You’re just a girl right?” I said.

“You’re not what they say. You felt slighted at the smallest provocation, a true fiend would have killed me without hesitation but you gave me multiple outs.” I said.

The girl laughed at my comments as I slowly staggered to my feet my body aching down to the bone.

“I knew I liked your scent, You’re not from this realm are you?” the girl said

“Nope and according to that shit faced goddess I’m supposed to forget everything. But I still remember every agonizing detail.” I said.

“Fascinating I’ve heard of reincarnation before but you’re the first to have their memories intact. A simple mistake or a deliberate action, I wonder.” the girl said.

“Beats me I don’t give a shit not like I can do anything anyway,” I said.

“That goddess only made good on one of her promises. I asked for a perfect body and power beyond my wildest dreams. I’m still as powerless as I was in my past life.” I said.

“Now I see why you wondered into my home.” The girl said.

“ Allow me to properly introduce myself to you.” the girl said.

I am the black sheep of the elemental lords, darkness cast off from their dazzling light, though I have no name I do have an identity. I am the spirit of the void, pleasure to meet you, Human.”

195