Chapter 102: Class IX United
276 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The remnants of class ix dashed madly through the lobby of the palace the distant sound of screams and skirmishes filled their ears the fights were in full swing. They were here to reunite the class and over support they all knew full well that any enemies up ahead were far above their pay grade.

A familiar voice cried out in the distance as the class rushed deeper into the Palace lobby, bodies of the imperial guard were strewn all over painting the floor and walls with their blood and guts. Some Hyogo soldiers were deceased to so they at least they managed to thin their ranks if nothing else.

“Arashi Magic: Cerulean Flash

An eruption sounded followed swiftly by distorted screams, the fight was in full swing and while Mari believed her classmates could handle average soldiers if anymore of those regimental commanders or worse a Hyogo family member showed up it’d be a death sentence.

After another sprint we found the source of the conflict Klaus was engaged with some Hyogo soldiers and thankfully he wasn’t alone. “Tide Magic: Sceall Farriage” Beatrice twirled her staff conjuring a wave of water that crashed against her foes, rendering them incapacitated and flooding the area

“Klaus, Beatrice!” Lilith shouted.
“Oh joy, it took you long enough.” Beatrice chastised.
“Better late than never right Trix.” Mari chirped
“And who gave you permission to shorten my name?”

Tyrian and Klaus high fived, all the boys in Class IX had grown quite close over their short time together, though their a bunch of trouble makers, Mari had come to depend on them.

“Where’s Drake and Aeolus?”
“If they’re not with you, no clue.” Klaus answered
“We received orders from Instructor Cromwell to assist the royal guard but they were already dead by the time we arrived.” Madoka said

“That’s when we were ambushed by some Hyogo solidiers, but their skill was lacking, so we managed.”

A cold shiver fell over Mari as her muscles started to cramp, she felt a familiar presence deeper in the palace, a presence that was seared into her very soul, he was here, the sole target of all her undying rage and hatred.

“Seijuro!” Mari screeched before running deeper into the Palace.
“Wait Mari, Come back!” Madoka panicked
“Don’t just stand their, after the moron.” Tyrian said
“Riri Wait!” Lilith screamed

Staying calm was no longer an option not when she could feel that bastards Ballum, she thought she was better then this that killing Daphne might have steeled her composure but nothing could have been further from the truth she was unraveling.

“Kill them, I’ll Kill them all!”

In one of the upper corridors a small contingent of Hyogo soldiers was were relaxing confident in their victory, Mari’s footsteps alerted them as quickly drew their weapons in a vain attempt to barricade their path.

“Duvalie: Acceleration Magic!”

Are you sure master, using my magic would put your muscles and mind under immense strain..”

"Just shut up and do it Duvalie!"

"Fine but no more than 15%"

  “She’s just an academy student, what do we do captain?”

“Our orders are for none to pass, put her down.”

“Aye, Sir!”

“Just die, insects!”

Mari used her blurring speed to tear the soldiers in half before continuing her mad dash towards the Arch Bishop and whoever else lied in wait, the blood lust was overflowing, she didn’t care who they were anybody who stood in her way would perish at her hands.

Argh! Mari staggered as she was blind sided by several spells at once coming from behind her, she had been in such a mad dash that she hadn’t noticed their presence. No matter putting down a few maggots was a simple endeavor.

“Two can play at that game!”
“Char Magic: Draken Inslaught”

Her attackers were reduced to ash blindsided by the surprise onslaught and unable to escape the blaze, his appearance was enough to soften her blood lust but only for a moment.

“You alright, Mari?” Drake approached
“Yeah, thanks for the assist.”

Mari pushed her lips against his in a quick sloppy kiss, they weren’t dating or committed but their months of intimacy had diminished any sense of awkwardness or barriers regarding physical contact.

“Hey lovebirds, you know we’re war right.”

Aeolus emerged from behind Drake and without skipping a beat hurled one of his duel short swords in their direction, it careened past us and struck one of the soldiers right in the head right as he was able to charge us.

“Kitty!” Mari squeaked squeezing the poor boy.

Between the embrace and the impressive throwing demonstration by Kitty the rest of Class IX who had been at her heels had closed the distance and arrived. Finally all of Class IX was united once more and ready to face whatever lies ahead.

“Riri if you ever run off like that again I’ll kill you myself, understood.” Lilith scolded seizing Mari by the collar.

“Sorry bestie, I don’t know what came over me.” Mari reassured patting her head.

“So Class IX is united once more.” Beatrice sighed

“Good to see none of you kicked the bucket.” Tyrian added

“Our chances of survival are slim at best, and yet.” Klaus chortled.

“At least we’re all here, together as a Class.” Lilith smiled.

“It’s been less than a year but we’ve come far, let’s show these bastards.” Aeolus roared.

“Aeolus, Lilith, Madoka, Beatrice, Drake, Tyrian, Klaus, we were all strangers before to long, but now more than classmates we’re comrades,

"Let’s get through this with nobody dying.” Mari shrieked

And with that the freshly reunited class charged deeper into the depths of the unknown, ready to face whoever awaits them as a unified front.

3