Chapter 106: What the hell did we walk into?
409 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The platform took it’s sweet time ascending to the next stratum giving  Mari ample opportunity to mull over the events that exploded before their eyes,  Maya was in a stable position after some well timed healing though with all the blood staining her uniform she looked like a homicide victim.

“Hey guys I have something I need to say,  so please listen.”  Mari implored raising her voice.

Mari closed her eyes and inhaled a long deep breath as she sorted her thoughts before speaking.

“We survived two monsters who struck with the intent of killing us,  but it wasn’t by our own power or merit it was by sheer dumb luck,  we were saved and protected by our allies who are fighting for their lives as we stand here shitting ourselves.”   Mari exhaled curling her hands into fists and digging her nails hard slicing her soft skin.  

So I want you guys to promise me that no matter who or what awaits us at the end of this ride that we will fight to the bitter end,  We owe it to everyone who fought and died,  to everyone who carved a path forward for us.    We are Class IX,  We’re bad asses and it’s time we start fucking acting like it.”   

The deafening quiet that followed after the final syllables dripped from her tongue was gut wrenching like a joke that’s punchline doesn’t land her classmates directed their judgemental gaze upon her.   

Talk about a failed pep talk,  Mari supposed that such things only work in video games and anime,  she sunk her gaze towards the ground as a blush crept across her pale face.

Drake was the first to break the silence with a gut busting laugh putting Mari out of her mercy by splitting the awkward tension in half.  

“How long have you been working on that little pep talk Riri?”  Lilith smiled

“I uh, kinda pulled it out of my ass honestly.”  

A chorus of laughter spread through the Class and for a moment they all forgot they were in the middle of a losing war,  they’re wouldn’t be another hero to rush in save the day,  it was time sink or swim.

The elevator reached the next stratum locking into place,  nothing could have prepared them for the scene that they walked in.   The room was enormous with open balconies on either side,  this was the summit of the palace.

Instead of a lone enemy barring their path they rocked up to the worst scenario.

“It’s over,  we’re fucked.”  Tyrian whimpered

  “ This is how I die isn’t it?”  Beatrice cried.

Standing before them spread out along twin winding stair cases the lead up to a platform with a stone alter was every single one of their worst enemies.  

The Royal Family

Accompanied them was A maid with raven hair,  a young boy with snowy hair, a short young woman dressed in a nun’s garb with vivacious pink hair, a woman dressed in a flowing cherry and black dress  their faced concealed a leather hood and and a bird mask.

Lastly there was a lanky anemic woman with bags under eyes and tousled sky blue hair clothed in a grimy lab coat.

All of their attention now rested squarely on their unwelcome guests,  a cold shiver slithered down Mari’s spine as she felt a fear greater than any she had felt before.

“Shit.”  She stuttered her lips trembling and all that vigor drained from her body.

“Well, Well if it isn’t the little Stray.”   A robust voice was the first to speak.

Mari darted her eyes locking onto the source of the words that filled her ears,  it was him,  it was that bastard prince,  the object of every waking thought and machination,  her end goal.

“Seijuro!”  Mari growled like a starving wolf

 

 

Are Class IX in deep shit?
  • They're fine Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Somebody Will Save Them Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh god, please no more dead children Votes: 13 50.0%
  • They're all going to die Votes: 11 42.3%
Total voters: 26
3