Chapter 107: So This is War?
320 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mari did her best to appear fierce and threatening but looking at the impossible wall that lay before her she felt her knees buckling from the anxiety,  one of the Hyogo’s was bad enough but all of them and these unknown threats was overwhelming.

‘I commend you for making it this far Class IX’  A voice deep and commanding pierced the dreadful silence as the masked figure strode forth to the edge of the balcony.  ‘Forgive my lack of manners,  I’m sure you’ve heard much about me but allow me to formally introduce yourself,  I am Rokujo, King of Hyogo and the man mot responsible for your despair and hardship’  

There was a tinge of apprehension mixed in with the domineering tone as if he was trying to maintain his composure from behind the unfeeling mask.  ‘Father might I make a suggestion?’ Seijuro said his face as detestably smug as ever.

‘But of course’  Rokujo said turning to face the bastard Prince who brought his gloved hands together in a crisp clap,  ‘There’s no for all of us to remain to deal with this rabble,  I’ll stay and play with the children while the rest of  you accompany Setsuna and Coco to finish the ritual.’  

‘A fine point indeed,  Alright Seijuro I’ll leave it your hands, Let’s be off,  Lady Coco’  Rokujo said gesturing towards the woman with disheveled sky blue hair.  ‘Good, I really hate waiting you know’  The girl managed to squeak out between yawns.

The King and the two girls boarded a platform that rested behind them, the rest of the family and their alies turned to follow as Mari and the class stood paralised like deer caught in blinding headlights.

 

‘Do not fear students I’m a very good mood so you’re demise will be painless, well probably.’  Seijuro laughed gleefully raising his arm.  

‘Solis Magic:  Sonnenstrahl”  a ball of light formed in his hand and in a split moment fired at the center of the group.  

There was no time to dodge this beam would incinerate them down to the bone,  this was the end, using her spells and Duvalie so much was foolish she didn’t have the energy to move, not even a muscle .

So this is it,  Velvet you’ll get your wish soon enough,  Shi I hope I get to see you again,  Sorry I couldn’t keep my promise,  I love you.

 Chrono Magic: Rhwytr Amser  

 

Hideto emerged from nowhere casting a barrier that deflected Seijuro’s vicious attack.   ‘Hideto!’ Mari said joyfully tears welling in her eyes.

  ‘Thank you so much for coming’ Lilith said smiling.

 

‘Damn that was a close shave but hey a win’s a win,  You kids alright back there?’ Hideto’s usual lackadaisical and devil may care disposition had vanished as he locked on to his family with a quiet fury.

‘Sup fuckers’ Hideto said stepping closer his family fell to silence caught off guard by the arrival of their long lost kin,  ‘It can’t be, Hide?’  Mei said her lips turning into a smile.   ‘It does this withered old heart well to see you again, my son’  The king said a tinge of melancholy in his voice.

‘You going senile old man,  Your son died along with this missing arm right here.’  Hideto gesturing at his missing appendage,  ‘It’s not late, you can still join the winning side, Hideto.’  Seijuro said lowering his arm to his side.

‘Seijuro contend with your errant brother,  Norn and Mirai should be sufficent to handle those students’  The King ordered as the rest of his children and alies bordered the platform.  ‘You’re going to need than that you old bastard’

“Tenmetsu Magic:”   In the blink of an eye Hideto was covered in the dark markings of a devil possession and a great crimson magic circle had emerged beneath their feet.  A flash of red light burst forth and the room was filled with several familiar faces.

Empress Grayfia, Headmistress Lovelace,  Instructor Azalie,  Instructor Vali,  Frill, A tall thin man with amber eyes narrow like a snake, Ruka the girl from one of the trials and Hinamori had appeared from thin air to join the fray.

Standing opposite them was a perplexed looking Rhett and Miriam,  “The hell was that bullshit”  Rhett said scratching his head,  “Don’t look at me” Miriam answered turning her gaze the royal family.

“You sly little bastard”  Seijuro said his lips twisting into a scowl,  The laughter of the King sliced through the tension and once more he commanded the floor.  ‘To think you’d figure out the secret to the devil binding ritual,  you never cease to impress Hideto.”   ‘Shove your praise up your ass old man”  

“Oh my look at that to think the guardians of the trial would grace us, Ouro The Guileful and Ruka The Wise in the flesh, well something like flesh anyways”  Coco said enthusiastically.

“You’re the last person I want to be praised by,  Second Apostle” Ruka said through clenched teeth.

“Apostle?” Beatrice asked speaking on behalf of the rest of Class IX.   ‘There’s no time for words, we need kick there asses and end this war’  Lovelace said striding to the front of the group.

“Very well then Seijuro, Norn, Elsa, Mirai and Xenovia will join The Black Albatross and The Silver Wolf to dispense with these eyesores.’  The king said turning his back and boarding the lift to the next stratum without uttering another word.

“Listen well Class IX because I won’t be repeating myself,  When we clash with the enemy find your opportunity and use these”  She threw a bag that contained a bunch of white Reisen crystals.  

“These are special Reisen crystals shatter them and they’ll take you a hidden room were you’ll find special armor and weapons suited to each of you,  Once you’ve recovered and suited up Hinamori will lead to a secret passage that’ll take you straight to the third stratum.”    Hideto added.

After a lull both sides erupted into a skirmish of magic and steel and the students wasted zero time in shattering the Reisen crystal,  as their her vision became obscured the last thing Mari witnessed was a furious frenzy of magical onslaughts and the sound of steel sparking.

4