Chapter 2 – Shards
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Joetun could hear nothing but an annoying beeping, feeling the pain all over her body and noticing the dryness in her throat.

Slowly she opened her eyes, the world was spinning. At the sight, she was overcome with a strong urge to vomit.

As the world gradually stopped spinning, she finally grasped her surroundings. The apartment of Joetun and her sisters was covered with a layer of shattered glass.

Shocked by the sight, she sat up or wanted to sit up, but a heavy mass pressed her down. She looked back.

Her older sister lay motionless on her back. Mithocht's eyes were closed tightly, glass pieces hung in her hair and on her clothes. From a few cuts in her face flowed drops of blood.

Joetun immediately began to shake her sister, her heart accelerated with shock. Light-reflecting glass splinters flew everywhere, paired with blood, this created a morbid aesthetic.

"Hey! Mithocht! Wake up! Wake up! Wake! Up!"

The longer Mithocht didn't react, the more nervous Joetun became. Finally, she spread out her hand and slapped the pale face in front of her, to do this she had to turn her thin body to an almost impossible angle, she could already feel her muscles trying to cramp. But she didn't stop, blow after blow landed on Mithocht's face, her beaten cheeks seemed to glow red, tears were already hanging in her now trembling lashes.

Slowly the a-bit too small eyes opened in the-a bit too round face. Confusion and pain swirled through the green-brown irises as they searched for the reason for their pain. Automatically, Mithocht's body tensed up to sit up in one quick movement. A chubby hand pressed itself against one of the reddened cheeks, face warped by shock.

But immediately the doors to her soul closed again, her reddened face turning green as Mithocht bent over and with tense movements poured the contents of her stomach onto the glass-filled floor.

Joetun watched this with dismay and disgust. A nauseating smell that made the saliva flow in her mouth while her digested food also wanted to join vomit on the floor.

She tried desperately to push her sister down from her. The fat wrapped in a simple black top, squeezed out between her adorned fingers, almost making her hands disappear while she pressed against her older sister's side.

Again and again a gaging escaped her throat, until finally, her sister stood up, but immediately collapsed again, spitting a little stomach fluid out of her mouth.

Joetun straightened up and almost jumped off the sofa, but was careful not to step on the vomit. After a few breaths, she looked at Mithocht.

With trembling limbs, Mithocht was lifting up her upper body, pathetic crying and whimpering escaped her lips.

"Everything okay?"

This question was self-evident, but Joetun asked it anyway.

"Ca-can you he-help me up and give me wat-" Another retching interrupted Mithocht's sentence.

Joetun sighed, grabbed the mineral water bottle, and approached her sister. With every step she took, she was careful not to step into any broken glass until she reached her sister and carefully grabbed her arm.

With Joetun as support Mtihocht carefully straightened up. Her cheeks were still pink, though her face was still pale. Her eyes were closed tightly, probably in an attempt to fight the gag reflex. With a trembling finger, she clasped the water bottle her sister had brought with her, took a sip, before spitting it out again. Her breath gradually calmed down as well.

Joetun watched her elder sister's every move carefully, ready to react to any changes. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she stroked her sister's tangled hair soothingly.

"What the hell was that?" Joetun finally asked, staring at the living room.

"Seems like our Wi-Fi finally burst after years of unimaginable efforts" joked Mithocht with a weak voice, a small smile on her lips.

"Ha ha, very funny. No, seriously, what happened?" Joetun decided that Mithocht had been supported by her long enough now, I mean, she could joke again, and ducked under her sister's arm, to their corridor. She slipped into her shoes and grabbed her older sister's pair to throw them to her.

She couldn't catch the black and white sneaker, and one landed in the puddle of vomit. Disbelief spread across her face.

"Great, awesome, thanks. I must say you have wonderful throwing skills,"

she grumbled as she put on the single shoe that she had been able to grab, each of her movements very carefully so as not to vomit again.

"Pfff, it's not my fault if you can't catch," Joetun held one hand in front of her mouth so as not to break into a broad grin. But she could not help but laugh softly.

Mithocht carefully stood in front of the green-yellow puddle, which still contained pieces of food, and reached for the sneaker. Drops of the disgusting liquid fell from the tip of the sneaker as she examined it for any kind of wetness inside. Joetun made mocking gagging gestures from the hallway, Mithocht gave her a stern look.

She could find no trace of wetness and finally decided to put on the shoe.

"I can't believe you actually put it on!" Joetun grinned and pretended to be appalled as she continued to make retching noises.

"Only the sole had some vomit on it. You should turn on the TV if you have nothing better to do than teasing me," replied Mithocht dryly.

Joetun still grinned in amusement as she stepped from the hallway into the living room. The splinters of glass crunched under her high-heeled black leather shoes.

It was almost like in one of those perfume advertisements, Joetun thought and enjoyed the crunching even more, sinking a little into her daydreams. She stopped in front of the TV, which must have gone out by itself at some point. Fortunately, it was undamaged, she stretched out her long white finger to press the on-button with her fingertip.

Mithocht had gotten herself an armchair in the meantime and watched Joetun expectantly, in her hand paper towels for her and her sister's cuts.

With a soft buzzing, the screen of the television finally lit up.

2