Resentment
1.4k 9 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As both of them clash, demons to demons, Gaara felt like he was in the disadvantage from the fight as he was slowly being beaten down by Naruto as the fight continues to rage on.

Naruto's raw emotions slowly began to consume him as the only thing in his sight is the one who killed his best friend.

'Kill.....'

'Kill.....'

'I must Kill him!'

Whenever Gaara swings his hand like a whip, Naruto curls into a ball midair and delivers a powerful kick right through Gaara's head easily as he is knocked back from the intense pain and fall down to the ground.

Even after falling through the ground, Naruto didn't relent as he continues down on pummeling Gaara from his intense hatred as Gaara is easily being beaten down by Naruto.

'Why....why are you so strong....?!'

"Why are you so strong Naruto?!"

Gaara began to bawl after realizing Naruto's strength as he felt jealous of the power he had unleashed before him. He doesn't understand why is Naruto so strong yet something from the blood he tasted made him began to see a vision.

[Do you find it scary Mito? Me having a demon sealed within inside me?]

[What is the difference between that and being my friend? Would you also be scared that i was actually a girl this whole time?]

[N-no way but that would be scary. I would also be terrified that the guy i hung out with was actually a girl and i was telling you perverted things. You know?]

[Hahaha.... Naruto, you are already a pervert. Don't lie.]

[Ehehehe....]

Gaara saw memories from a certain person's perspective as he could feel that Naruto and him were actually similar. Just that there was someone out there who was willing to risk their live to be friends with a Jinchuriki...

'W-would i turned out like him if i were... To find someone like her...?'

There was something in the blood gave Gaara a certain feeling as he recalls some memories of Kizuna. The girl whom he apparently killed.

The first time they meet, the time where she saw him suffered, the time they became friends, meeting others and now.... The last bits of memories of her....

'I...hope you....don't stray your path in becoming hokage....... Naru.....to.....'

Even as she was slowly dying, she still kept thinking of her friend who she was gonna left behind as she remembers the promise they had. She didn't want his friend to be lonely once more and was starting to get scsred but she only lamented at the fact that she wasn't strong enough.

If she was reborn again, she wished she could be strong to protect the people she cares about...

Gaara who was in the dreamscape was slowly being flooded by the One-tailed beast Shukaku. He was always filled with murderous intent and saw everyone as a threat but once he saw the memory of the last person he killed, he had saw something painful...

'W-what have i done...?'

Upon contact with Kizuna's memories, he saw something innocent as a children's dreams, hopes to change and finding the happiness through others. He didn't have this to himself but seeing a new perspective, he wanted to be like this. He wanted to be like Naruto and find someone like Kizuna...

'H-help me...'

From the inner darkness Gaara had been held in, he slowly voice out his actual feelings of being connected to someone. He wanted to feel like he belongs to the world like Naruto did and he saw that both Naruto and him are similar. Yet...

'She's like Yashamaru but....'

He recalls the person who once cared for him, only to kill him and even died while hating upon Gaara on his death. Gaara thought that Kizuna was also like that guy, only to see from her memories of how scared she was to lose Naruto. Her genuine feelings of bonding with Naruto are sincere and for the better word, longing with Naruto to be like a friend she never had.

While she was loved by everyone around here in contrast to both Naruto and him, she always care and respected Naruto from the bottom of her heart but what shocked Gaara the most was a certain memory of her and him.

'He's like Naruto but....darkner...'

'C-can he be saved...? N-no, i should ask if i can be friends with him since he is similar to Naruto.'

'Maybe i can ask one thats close to him for more info since i have certain doubts.'

It was only for a fleeting moment of their only interaction on her own perspective but he saw how she was trying to get close to him and wanted to be friends yet... She was scared that she might seen in the wrong way by him. Not that if he's dangerous or a threat. This gave a new perspective to Gaara and he... Regretted killing her...

'N-no wonder i found her blood to be...enjoying yet painful....'

He lamented on killing her. He also want to get close to her if it was just a moment. He saw that Kizuna was genuine to connect with him like Naruto was but it was too late.

He truly understand what pain was and what love is....

And so, the moment a punch was sent towards Gaara, signifying the death sentence he so now craved..... It stopped....

He woke up from upon seeing Naruto who was just crying down on top of Gaara as he continues to call upon his friend....

"Give her back.... Give Kizuna Back...."

35