Chapter 12. Ancient Lineages.
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the house that Asherit and Thyriel had taken, in the middle of the living room, Asherit had spent a few hours watching Thyriel closely.

The symbol on her forehead seemed to be one step away from radiating steady light, Asherit seemed captivated seeing the sweet face of this girl who at this moment seemed so full of peace when suddenly.

'Sss'

A much more intense light than before emanated from the symbol on her forehead.

'Splash' 'Woosh' 'Crrc-Crrc'

The sound of a strong storm generating violent gusts of wind creaking tree-filled forests and redirecting heavy rain to all corners of the world could be heard around Thyriel.

Upon perceiving this, Asherit was amazed without knowing where the commotion came from.

And going back to his senses, he thought that if someone realized what was happening in this room, perhaps it could attract unnecessary problems.

'If any high-ranking mage were to start spying on us it would be troublesome, if I extend a magic barrier with a dark element technique I will be sure that no expert is aware of what is happening to Thyriel as this element is best for this type of tasks, however, if said expert is very curious and decides to break my barrier, apart from the fact that I can use two elements, he will realize my real level '.

Although he wanted to help Thyriel, Asherit did not want to expose his real power now as this would bring him infinite problems.

'Got it!, I can use an internal dark layer to isolate the room and then several layers of fire barriers just to put up a facade, if so, if someone doesn't resist the itch that the fire barrier causes, by destroying it I will perceive immediately and I will be able to cancel the dark barrier in time', without a second thought, he began to build a magic barrier to seal everything that happened in this room.

'Hiss'

Asherit raised his hand and began to circulate mana of fire creating a translucent red barrier that enveloped the entire room, this was a technique named 'Fire Embryo'.

Although dark-type magic was undoubtedly best for tasks such as camouflage, there were also techniques for the other elements with these abilities.

When this barrier was finished, even though it was completely hermetic, he did not stop and continued channeling his technique until he raised four other external barriers, and then when he closed his hand, the barriers began to become invisible.

Only from time to time would you see translucent red veins the size of a hair, but they were almost imperceptible and seeing this, he nodded approvingly thinking that he had done well to learn all the magic that his mother had collected for years.

Then reopening his hand, he prepared to make a barrier of darkness, however, no walls began to form around the room as when using 'Fire Embryo'.

Instead, on the palm of his hand a cube measuring approximately 50 centimeters per side began to emerge.

At first it was translucent black, however Asherit continued to imbue his dark mana into it and this cube grew more and more black with every second.

On the other hand, it was also compressing and getting smaller and smaller, this technique was called 'Night Mantle' and although Asherit had the ability to launch it in seconds with its initial size, he preferred to imbue more mana and compress it to carry its effects to the limit.

'Trr'

After a few seconds, the cube had shrunk to the size of a small jewelry box and was as black as ink.

'Swoosh'

In the next moment, when Asherit had compressed the cube to the maximum, it came out of his hand and expanded covering the room in an instant.

"Hm" Seeing the 5 outer fire barriers and the inner dark barrier, Asherit nodded internally, leaving his worries aside and started looking at Thyriel again.

...

At the same time that such an event was happening to Thyriel in that small room.

Tens of thousands of kilometers in the direction of the Southwest, on the shores of this continent, was a sacred forest that served as a home for the elves and was commonly called 'Taur Calen'.

Screams of surprise, joy, shock and even crying were heard throughout Taur Calen.

In the center of the forest, an ancestral tree as high as the sky and indomitable as the time, was showing a spectacle never seen before.

For a few hours now, a sacred light began to emerge in this tree, at first it was only short flashes, but a few moments ago, the light stabilized.

The gigantic trunk of the tree began to become translucent as if it were a diamond.

And deep in the tree, you could distinguish a huge and pure energy, which seemed to have life as it moved within the trunk lively from one side to the other.

If Asherit were present in this place, perhaps he would have his mouth open in shock for a few minutes when he saw the manifestation of this energy since curiously, it had a shape identical to the symbol of Thyriel's forehead.

A beautiful elf, with a mature and wise aura, wearing a majestic silk gown and an imperial tiara, got as close as she could to the tree while, from time to time, a symbol similar to that of Thyriel and the energy of the tree, it appeared and disappeared from her forehead in a ghostly way.

Beside her, another stooped elf who seemed to have spent enough time enduring the vicissitudes of life accompanied her as she said in a broken voice and full of emotion.

"Your Majesty!, o..our lineage finally has a worthy successor"

'Sigh...'

After the old woman's words, breaths of astonishment were heard, with a touch of hope throughout the forest and after a few moments of contemplation, the beautiful elf to which the old woman referred commented with a melodic tone that would lead to kingdoms to doom.

"Send the Great General Forest on a search mission, to gather only elite warriors and carry the 'holy root' to guide them"

"This Old Woman will do as Her Majesty commands" After a moment's hesitation, the old woman spoke in a tone full of doubt.

"If the Great General Wind could carry out this task, the search would be much faster" Breathing a breath, the old woman fell silent and after a few moments of silence, the beautiful elf beside her spoke.

"I entrusted Wind to a mission of vital importance to our current situation, although Forest is not as fast as him, I trust in his abilities" After listening to the beautiful elf, the old woman nodded without saying anything else.

And so, without the outside world knowing the details, a tidal wave of events that would bring a great commotion to the masses began that same day.

...

Returning to Asherit and Thyriel's house, inside their small living room, the wonderful scene that enveloped Thyriel still continued.

At this moment within her Spirit Sea, her inner projection was standing in front of her Magic Spirit.

When Asherit witnessed the auditory phenomena that caused the stabilization of the light coming from the symbol on her forehead, in some mysterious way, strange writings began to emerge from that symbol.

Although she had never seen this language, she began to understand the truths that were imprinted on it as something natural, so she was focusing all her attention on digesting as much information as she could.

Several hours passed and the light of day began to manifest, upon seeing this, Asherit frowned, according to what Vade had said, the first month attendance at training is not so important because new recruits will only learn basic techniques of combat styles for assassination which can be found in the books on the first floor of the library.

However, over the next two months, espionage techniques, camouflage, advanced assassination techniques, strategies and schemes will be taught….

In order to take the mission and earn an Elite Division plaque, it is mandatory to comply with such training regimes, if the mission takers fail, they will retrain for three more months and attempt to earn the plaque on another mission.

If for some reason they fail again, they have one last chance to repeat the process, each time missions fail they become more difficult, therefore, most new recruits who spend their three opportunities are expelled for failing to fulfill the last mission.

Asherit was not concerned with failure, he was confident that even without taking such trainings, he could easily accomplish the mission, but he was concerned that Thyriel would last for several months in this illumination state, as had happened to him when he understood a Truth of Creation and had difficulties in the mission.

'I'm not sure it's the same type of illumination, so the time in which she has to be in that state is also not safe, whatever ... When the time comes we'll see what happens' After stop thinking about this matter, Asherit began to circulate his main cultivation technique, the 'Darkness of Origin' technique and thus concentrated on cultivating.

So, a few weeks passed as Thyriel struggled to understand the truths the symbol on his forehead threw and Asherit cultivated by improving the amount of mana within his Dantian.

At the beginning, Asherit was concerned that Thyriel was not attracting any mana to her body, so he knew that she would not be able to nourish herself, but after a couple of days, mana vortices of the elements water, wood and wind began to appear around her.

While looking at them closely, Asherit noticed that they seemed to have the same shape as the symbol on Thyriel's forehead, knowing this Asherit stopped worrying and would only prepare food for him once in a while.

Today Asherit had just finished eating and sat in front of Thyriel to start cultivating, although his mother had told him that he should not do it in front of anyone, he did not feel insecure cultivating in front of her, also he felt that she would not even know what was happening in the external world right now.

'Pump' 'Pump' 'Pump'

And before he closed his eyes to cultivate, his heart began to beat faster and faster and a strong burning began to rise from his body.

Exploring himself thoroughly, Asherit realized that his blood seemed to be boiling and appreciating with its internal projection close to his heart, it seemed to have a kind of ancient symbols flashing on him.

"What the hell!" Slightly terrified of what was happening to his body, Asherit opened his eyes to find the cause.

When his gaze fell on Thyriel, he noticed that she was frowning with a grimace, the little drops of sweat that fell from her forehead evaporated instantly, and Asherit noticed that a layer of haze was forming around her like a heavily sunny day in the desert.

Sensing this Asherit closed his eyes knowing that he could not be of help to Thyriel and began to explore what was happening to his body.

On the other hand, a few moments ago, although there was still a lot of information inside the symbol of Thyriel's forehead, she realized that she couldn't understand anymore.

While thinking that she would probably have to increase her skill level to continue understanding, her heart began to beat rapidly, insane pain began to take over her body as her blood seemed to boil.

Shifting her full attention to her heart, Thyriel began to feel how it formed a mysterious bond with the symbol on her forehead as it throbbed.

The symbols that she had learned and also those that she still did not understand began to imprint themselves on her heart radiating a sacred light, while the speed with which the ancient writings of the symbol were transmitted on her forehead to her heart increased, the pain that she felt, was getting more and more intense, she even had to bite her tongue to not pass out while this was happening.

After a full hour, it seemed like this process was almost over, and when Thyriel saw the last symbol imprint on her heart, the symbol on her forehead stopped glowing.

Except for the symbols that she had understood, the light emitted by all the other symbols in her heart was extinguished softly, then, her heart returned to its normal rhythm, her blood stopped boiling and the pain in her body ended.

After feeling all the changes in her body, she was amazed and then opened her eyes.

A moment ago, Asherit had also opened his eyes after feeling that the changes in his body were fading, he seemed somewhat frustrated because he felt that he was about to achieve something, but in the end it escaped from his hands, then he began to observe Thyriel and when she opened her eyes, their gazes met.

"You are back, how were your earnings?" With a gentle smile, Asherit asked Thyriel.

"Mm, when you were teaching me, for some reason I started to feel very comfortable and when I closed my eyes for a moment, I appeared inside my Spiritual Sea and observing my Magic Spirit I felt that I had traveled back in time to a distant past, so strange letters and symbols began to come out of the birthmark of my forehead forming strange writings and although I had never studied a similar language, for some strange reason I felt quite natural learning its content, I do not know how to explain it but I felt that I already knew many things about the Magical Spirit, the Spiritual Sea, the Spiritual Sense, and I just didn't remember them” Hearing her, Asherit was perplexed because he had only asked for cordiality knowing that many mages keep their secrets to themselves.

"After that, I began to learn many more things from these scriptures about how to control my Spiritual Sense and also learned how to control my Magic Spirit to cultivate"

"Wait!" Asherit stopped her a little shocked to hear this, from books he had learned that some beings had ancient lineages, by awakening these bloodlines they could learn special talents related to their race, so perhaps that happened to Thyriel.

"So, you also learned a technique to cultivate your mana?" In a slightly exalted voice Asherit asked.

"I think so, I began to stretch my Dantian with my Spiritual Sea and Magic Spirit using the way that the scriptures indicated supporting me from my Spiritual Sense, then within it, the mana of wood, mana of water and mana of wind began to accumulate, refine and compress” Saying this, Thyriel was a little thoughtful remembering this technique, instead, Asherit was amazed to learn that there was another way to grow space within the Dantian other than the one he knew.

"Could you project the mana you have accumulated inside your Dantian so I can see it?" There was no point in Thyriel projecting the mana that had been absorbed into her body because since she had already begun to accumulate mana within her Dantian, the projecting of her body would no longer be pure to determine her talent.

"Mm" Nodding, Thyriel began projecting her mana without difficulty and with great control.

'Splash' 'Crrc-Crrc' 'Woosh-Woosh'

Mana of the Water, Wood and Wind elements following a shape identical to the symbol on Thyriel's forehead could be seen circulating in harmony around her.

Seeing this, Asherit was amazed and somewhat bewildered, although these elements were not contradictory to each other, they should not be able to circulate as harmoniously as easily.

'Water gives life to Wood and this one in turn can upgrade the Wind, however, it is impossible for them to coexist in harmony without any of them acting as a link, this would make this element exist as the weakest of this chain, practically it would only be for the purpose of maintaining balance between the other two elements, but, that is not the case with Thyriel, her three elements seem to be in a perfectly balanced state of power and dominance'

As Asherit being one of the few beings since the beginning of existence to learn one of the 'Truths of Creation', especially when he was the only one to understand one related to the origin of the elements, he was undoubtedly well versed in its forms to coexist.

A 'Truth of Creation' contained too much information that was difficult to understand, in the 10 months of his illumination state, Asherit only understood the basics and knew that he would have to increase his wisdom, experience and skill to understand more and more.

However, it was only with this understanding that he reached the abilities of a C-Rank Mage and he was undoubtedly the best in this area, but even with all this, he could not find a rational answer for this phenomenon.

'It must be the mysterious symbol on her forehead that can accomplish this miracle' Unable to find an answer at this point, he concludes that this was related to the symbol on her forehead and the information that this generated for Thyriel.

"From what I see, you have awakened your bloodline which seems to be closely related to the Spiritual Sea, Magic Spirit and Spiritual Sense, so perhaps my brief explanation of these topics was the trigger for a flash of illumination in your mind and grasp this, the symbol on your forehead forced the awakening of your bloodline” Although somewhat dubious of this, Asherit thought this is what had happened.

"My bloodline?" Thyriel asked in a voice full of bewilderment.

“Mm, I don't know much about bloodlines, but I once read that there are races with powerful ancient bloodlines and although it is very rare, from time to time there appears among its members some that can awaken the bloodline of their ancestors by winning their born abilities and gaining a series of insights deeply related to them” Asherit paused for a moment to search some more information inside his mind while Thyriel waited patiently.

"As far as I know, Elves are an ancient race and are said to be very dear to the heavens, so perhaps you come from a very ancient main branch of the Sages Elven" Thyriel was surprised to hear this, because she was born in slavery, did not know anything about the past of her parents, so she never thought that she carried the blood of the Sages of her race.

"Sorry for not being able to give you a clear explanation, I am sure that while you continue to understand the information within you, one day you will know the truth behind your bloodline" A little sorry for the lack of his knowledge, Asherit encouraged Thyriel full of sincerity.

"Don't worry brother Asherit, thanks to you I have learned many things, I really thank you very much" Reaching the last part of her sentence, Thyriel realized that she had never taken her eyes off Asherit's and for some reason her face became shy and lowered her gaze a little.

"Hm, I'll make you something to eat, it's been 2 months since you entered a state of illumination so you must be hungry" Asherit got up going to the kitchen while Thyriel was surprised, she thought she had only been in that state for a few days and smiling at the feeling of her hungry stomach, she went to help Asherit.

...

After preparing some delicious dishes for Thyriel, she began to eat while Asherit explained the situation they were in.

Since they had missed a month of mandatory training, they would have to use their second chance of another 3 months to apply to a mission and earn an Elite Division badge.

Hearing it, Thyriel worried a bit knowing that the difficulty of the mission would be higher, but Asherit reassured her saying that it would help her train this month, since they could only wait before taking the second chance.

"Although I couldn't see your talent completely, I'm sure your Magic Spirit is classified in the highest ranks as Cyan, or maybe even much higher seeing how you can control 3 types of elements due to the awakening of your Ancient Lineage" As Asherit commented, Thyriel nodded as she continued to eat.

"From the looks of it, you will learn cultivation and magic techniques from your bloodline scriptures, so I will only teach you combat, assassination, camouflage, and survival techniques for the next month" Thyriel didn't feel strange that Asherit had these abilities, in her opinion he was already a ranked mage so this seemed quite normal, however, this aroused her curiosity about Asherit and with a little caution she sent her Spiritual Sense to study it.

A soft energy covered Asherit without realizing it and began to travel through his body, upon reaching his Dantian, Thyriel felt that a layer of misty energy surrounded this area making her perceive that he only had the amount of mana that a Rank Mage G would have.

This was a skill concealment technique that Asherit had learned, all the experts who had studied him with his Spiritual Sense, were unable to see through it.

Even the Abysmal King thought it was only a G-Rank Mage, but none of them could detect the misty cloak on his dantian.

Feeling more intrigued, Thyriel used one of the techniques she had recently learned called 'Divine Sounding' and quickly passed this misty cloak stealthily, without raising any suspicions in Asherit.

But when she was about to enter his Dantian, a soft and mysterious energy surged from him, pushing her Spiritual Sense as if it was giving her a warning.

Feeling this, Thyriel was a little puzzled, this energy did not seem to be from Asherit, it had an ancient and sacred aura, and she felt her Dantian seem to tremble a bit.

Then, her heart began to race and without her wanting it, the symbol on her forehead also acted to retract her Spiritual Sense at an alarming speed, when she saw this, it seemed as if her bloodline was deeply afraid of something that was inside from Asherit.

"You're good?" Seeing Thyriel's face that seemed filled with wonder, Asherit asked.

"Mm, forgive me Brother Asherit, right now I used a technique from my Spiritual Sense to inquire about your abilities without your permission, but when I pass the misty energy layer over your Dantian, an ancient aura pushed my Spiritual Sense without allowing me to get closer, then my heart quickened and my birthmark retracted my Spiritual Sense towards me, I felt a sense of fear for an instant but I also felt very close to it” While Thyriel responded a little shy and sorry to Asherit, he on the other hand was more that surprised by all the information he got from this brief explanation.

From her, he was able to say that Thyriel's bloodline was so unique that she learned to use the Spiritual Sense in more advanced ways than those currently known.

On the other hand, he thought that the ancient aura that did not let her inquire into the situation within his Dantian was the 'Truth of Creation' from which he had gained illumination.

He had previously worried that the technique he learned to camouflage his abilities would be outwitted by elite experts, but apparently he was worrying more, since within his Dantian there were the mysteries of one of the 'Truths of Creation'.

According to his mother, powerful Sages at all times tried to understand these topics, but for The High Heavens they were a taboo by which they would kill unscrupulously whoever tried to discover them.

Only a handful of beings blessed with a Cyan Crown had escaped this ending, so it was to be hoped that the universe would protect this information that now existed in its body.

As for the feeling of closeness that the 'Truth of Creation' aroused in Thyriel, perhaps it was due to her old bloodline, as this had an aura related so strongly to the elements, it made sense for him to feel this.

It was only by refocusing his attention on Thyriel and seeing her cute guilt-ridden face that Asherit returned from his thoughts and commented in a relaxed way.

"Jaja, don't worry Thyriel, I was only a little surprised to learn how skillful you have become at manipulating the Spiritual Sense, but that's all"

"Although I still don't think I have the ability to teach you the techniques I learned, I think if I can explain its foundations, so if you want I can teach you" Thyriel suddenly commented sitting in front of Asherit, rubbing her hands together nervously and her eyes occasionally stole shy glances from Asherit waiting for his answer.

"Now I am the one who feels bad, without a doubt I know many of your secrets without you knowing mine, and you do not hesitate to teach me something as sacred of your blood legacy as it is the control of the Spiritual Sense" With a voice something uncomfortable, Asherit replied.

“You are wrong!, Although you know a lot of what has been happening to me, you have also helped me a lot since we met, before you were also teaching me interesting things and that is why I have gained this illumination, in addition there are still many things missing for that you teach me, so…, I am very grateful to you and I always feel safe with you, so when I am more capable I will undoubtedly also teach you more things and help you” Seeing the exalted face with a little blush and full of determination from Thyriel, Asherit felt all her words come from her heart, and he had an urge to hug and protect this girl with all his might.

Although it was only for a few moments, he felt that it was very similar to the feeling of protection he had towards his mother which puzzled him a little, since he only knew Thyriel recently.

"Mm, then I will gladly accept all the knowledge you offer me and I promise that I will also teach you the best that I can, so let's get stronger together!" With a big smile Asherit commented to Thyriel.

"Yes, let's get stronger together!" And after Thyriel's reply, a glowing smile was born on both of their faces.

1