Chapter 16. Three Great Geniuses, A Prodigy of Era and a Monster.
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was still early morning, the sun barely showing any signs of awakening, but, several reddish shadows moved fleeing a charming young elf in the courtyard of a large house.

'Swish' 'Fss'

"You made too much noise ambushing them and only wounded one, giving them the opportunity to counterattack and flee" Asherit commented in a simple tone, he was sitting observing the situation while using an unusual training method with Thyriel.

Due to he had recently advanced so far in the way of using his Sea and Spirit Sense, he created 3 fire clones and implanted 'spirit seeds' in them.

This was a very advanced technique, and only someone with a huge spiritual sea and good dexterity in their spiritual sense could use it.

The spirit seeds were implanted with Asherit’s thought packets fairly straightforward.

Asherit created fire clones simulating vital points in them, an accurate attack in these areas would make them disappear, therefore, the spiritual seed had a basic sense of survival and a decent movement technique, it can be said that it was like dealing with 3 cultivators who were very close to G-Rank Mages.

For his part, Thyriel was trying to combine the techniques of combat, movement, assassination, and all the knowledge that she had learned lately as she pursued these fiery clones and tried to defeat them.

However, between trying to do it and actually achieving it there is a giant abysm that requires practice, experience and wisdom.

Asherit had told her before that if two cultivators had the same general level, but one practiced a Low Mortal Grade technique and the other practiced two Low Yellow Grade techniques, even if the guy with Low Yellow Grade techniques had reached a perfect finalization in both and the guy with Low Mortal Grade technique only had the dexterity of an intermediate achievement, even so, the latter would win.

The division of degrees was not as simple as it seems, and having a high-grade technique could make a difference in a battle.

This was comparable to a farmer who uses his fingers to dig, perhaps with the progress of the time he can make them so hard so as not to make digging so difficult, however, if he had a shovel with him, he could use his strength better and he would dig faster, deeper and with less effort.

However, there were thousands of possibilities in the world, using the example of the two cultivators, if the one of the two Low Yellow Grade techniques in a perfect finalization, was able to merge both techniques perfectly, he would have a chance to win against his opponent.

When Asherit started cultivating, he thought of this idea of ​​combining techniques so that one would support the weak points of another, trying to push them beyond perfection, and although this was not that common, high-rankers super experts took this path to increase their skills.

Asherit on the other hand, due to he was quite special, capable of manipulating 9 elements, he had more than terrifying thoughts trying to make all of these elements work in harmony and blend seamlessly, supporting each other.

From this thought emerged his path to understanding a "Truth of Creation", and due to he already understood and could use the foundations of it, he knew that such a fusion tactic would bring great benefits.

It had been a while since Thyriel started cultivating her mana and due to her blood lineage, she already had the capabilities of a G-Rank Mage Medium.

However, she was also quite special and could use 3 elements, but she still couldn't combine them or she would easily reach the dexterity of a F-Rank Mage High.

Asherit decided that Thyriel would understand the theories of combination of support and perfection by trying to combine only her combat and assassination arts, without using a hint of her mana, although it would be a bit more difficult because her lineage would help her better understand the combination of its three elements, it would still have a much more solid foundation and its potential would greatly increase.

'Boom'

At this moment a bang was heard and a cloud of dust rose in the courtyard.

'Swish'

'Twin ~ Twin ~ Twin'

From the dust screen, three daggers flew out at an impressive speed, took ghostly directions and struck each other between the three, making their final destination unpredictable.

Two of the daggers were about to hit their target, being this the clone that was wounded in the first exchange, causing him to raise his guard.

'Twin'

However, the third dagger took an astonishing route and deflected one of the daggers towards a fire clone standing to the side.

Meanwhile, the wounded clone was only able to block one dagger and due to the unpredictable change at the last instant, the third dagger broke through his defenses and cut a deep gash in his throat dispersing this fire clone.

At the same time that this was happening, Thyriel burst out of the dust cloud with an unstoppable momentum, ambushing the clone that was preparing to defend itself from the dagger that had been deflected towards him.

'Swish'

'Twin ~ Twin'

Even before Thyriel's arrival, 5 needles flew out of her hand towards the left arm of this clone who, due to the ambush, was only able to adequately defend himself from the dagger and 2 needles, allowing the other 3 needles to break through his defense and leave his left arm immobile.

'Twin ~ Twin' 'Clank'

They quickly became entangled in a heated battle, since he was already wounded, Thyriel had the upper hand in the fight, however the third clone was rapidly approaching to rescue the wounded clone.

'Booom'

And seeing this, Thyriel used the same technique as before to raise a cloud of dust around her and the wounded clone, since the third clone was already a dozen steps away from them, he also entered the cloud of dust.

'Clank' 'Clank' 'Clank'

Guided by the sound of weapons clashing, the third clone was slowly approaching, infusing mana into its weapon and preparing to attack with full force, but before it was close enough.

'Suh' 'Swing'

Thyriel stepped out like a shadow by his side and brandishing her sword gracefully and without hesitation, she caused his head to be separated from his body.

Thus, without taking any defensive action, the third clone was dispersed of nowhere, while the sounds of clashing weapons continued for a few more seconds, as did the cloud of dust.

'Swish' 'Twin'

Without pausing for a moment, Thyriel continued to haunt the wounded clone for some time, inflicting more and more injuries on him.

'Pah'

At a certain point, as Thyriel struck out with the sword controlled by her right hand, she performed a strange stance with her left hand and attacked the clone at an acupuncture point with prodigious precision and well calculated force, causing this last clone to disperse.

...

'She used a four-step combination of the Sveralf technique to create a big boost, at the same time created a cloud of dust as a camouflage, then she used a fifth step of the Sveralf technique and combined it almost to the perfection with a step of the Night Step technique to exploit the accumulated force and cover her actions'

'At par, she threw three daggers using a near perfect fusion of two moves of the fast form of the Sveralf technique, one move of the slow form, and one move of the unpredictable form on the weak clone to secure the advantage in her next match'

'Following that course of actions, she threw 5 needles only using dominant forms of the Sveralf technique to keep that crafty clone busy and make him unable to follow her actions'

'When fighting head-on against him, the sound of their weapons was a preparation for her decisive move, and when she had left the enough impression, although she reduced the number of steps, she used the same movement from the beginning to create a cloud of dust and while she was walking away with the momentum gained, throwing several daggers with enough force and well timed to simulate the sound of her fighting in front of the crafty clone'

'Due to the continuous sound of clashing weapons, the strongest clone fell into this little scheme, thinking that the frontal fight between his partner and Thyriel continued, so the strong clone concentrated on gathering momentum and all his strength in one blow to injure Thyriel and flee the scene, due to his low perception and having lowered his defenses, he did not know that Thyriel was sneaking up on him until his head was separated from his body'

'After that, Thyriel only focused on harassing and gradually gaining the upper hand against the crafty clone who was already too hurt, so her victory was decided in a short span of time'

'Or so she thought ...' Although Asherit's description of this analysis of the battle was long, not even a breath of time had passed since the last clone had dispersed when.

'Swish'

'Swish'

'Swish'

'Boom'

Three fast arrows of fire, came out of a corner of the courtyard towards the vital points of Thyriel who due to her great instincts managed to dodge and deflect two of them, and although the last one did not hit her vital points, it still hit her armor heavily , sending her flying.

There was a fourth fire clone wielding a flaming bow, and as he was preparing to launch the next round of arrows.

'Flaah'

"It’s enough!" With a powerful sweep from Asherit's hand, the clone scattered, and as with the other three, an invisible and undetectable thread flew out of it towards Asherit.

This was the spiritual seed that Asherit had planted in them, by returning to him, he would get all the information they gathered and he would know everything they lived through.

After that, Asherit approached Thyriel and used another form of the 'Breath of the Phoenix' technique to recover the wounds caused by that fire arrow.

Seeing that the wounds had been treated and Thyriel was only controlling her breathing to calm herself, Asherit commented.

"You made a spectacular attack, the combinations of your techniques were almost perfect and well synchronized, finding the right moment to execute them one after another, your plan was carried out almost perfectly and at every step you tried to polish it more" After nodding for a moment to Thyriel who was listening intently, Asherit continued.

"However, although your combinations raised your attacks by 80% more than normal, this training not only tried to combine simply attacks, but all your acquired knowledge in your way of thinking and acting"

"In your plan to get rid of the strongest clone, you used all your long distance weapons without thinking that you were attacking a squad that probably had reinforcements in the area"

“Although you could pick up your weapons from the floor, that would at least take a few seconds, however, that was not the real problem since you could attract enemies to you making them think that you were careless picking up your weapons, by revealing their locations, you could throwing and picking up weapons as you approached or away from them, depending on the situation, but .. "

"The real problem was that when the last clone dispersed, so did your mental state of focus, not being prepared and thinking that the exercise was over, you could not even react correctly against three simple arrows" Reflecting on Asherit's words, Thyriel nodded and commented.

"I will try to take it much more seriously so as not to disappoint you brother Asherit" And seeing the look of determination on Thyriel, Asherit felt quite satisfied, 'geniuses still need to strive to climb to heaven' while thinking this, he commented with a fond laugh.

"Jaja, I was being too harsh, this was only the first day of practical training and yet you can already combine techniques, knowledge and focus on such a great level, I'm proud of you, you are such a talented girl" Listening to Asherit, the Thyriel's cheeks flushed giving her an indescribable charm and as she lowered her head a little, her heart was pounding and a warm feeling flooded her.

"To-today I'll cook breakfast, so let's go before we're late for the Lieutenant training" Leaving these words behind, Thyriel hurried toward the kitchen.

"This girl ..." On the other hand, Asherit could only see her back as he realized that strong feelings of appreciation had already been planted in him being by this young elf.

'Sigh'

With a sigh, Asherit cleared her mind a bit and headed into the living room to eat a delicious breakfast with Thyriel.

…..

Although the sun was already over the sky it was still early, and in the training grounds within the Ghost Town, several young men wearing the uniforms of the Elite Division could be seen waiting patiently.

Upon reaching beside Thyriel, Asherit noticed that the number of these young men had increased.

'There were only a few a week ago and now there are 18, it seems that there were still some survivors who escaped the tragedy' As he thought about it, Asherit noticed that these recruits were divided into 3 groups and fervently surrounded 3 young people.

The group of young recruits who had told what happened that day to Colonel Jaze, surrounded an abysmal of about 13 or 14 years, had a well built body and a skin tone of purple color as well as his hair.

On the other side, another abysmal youth was standing like a war tower in the middle of some recruits, he had a scar that crossed almost half of his face giving him a savage look as he held a battle ax.

And in another corner, a group of recruits of different races surrounded a young blond-haired human who looked about 14 or 15 years old and was sitting lazily ignoring the flattering comments of others.

'Tsk, Two Low G-Rank Mages and that human is a High G-Rank' With a glance, Asherit had measured the strength of the three boys as if they had nothing to hide from him.

"Young Master Kon, we thank you for saving us that occasion, please take care of us in the following missions",

"Without a doubt you are a genius that appears every thousand years",

"The Luan family is full of dragons"

"Haha, don't worry, after all we are comrades who fight for the greatness of the kingdom" As the purple haired young man listened to the others praising him, he showed a proud smile and made a comment looking humble.

"Always like the rattler that you are Kon, attracting fools with your kind sound" The comment of the young abysmal with the scar on his face, broke the atmosphere in an instant as everyone saw these two.

"You have already been defeated by my Hukru, my next target is him" Without looking at the scarred abysmal named Hukru, Kon Luan directed his gaze towards the blond human who still had a lazy gaze.

A heavy tension was in the air as everyone was silent until someone commented in a low voice.

"Unbelievable, Kon Luan the youngest talent of the Great Family Luan and Hukru Batfall who comes from the Great Family Batfall and who is also called a talented butcher, are paying attention to a nobody human" Looking at the abysmal who said this, someone made fun of him when he said.

"The only nobody here is you not knowing who that human is, let me tell you something about him, his last name is Helm, he comes from one of the greatest human families that still remain in the Abysmal Kingdom, the Great Family Helm " Knowing this, the abysmal youth who had spoken earlier began to feel nervous inside.

"This kid has guts to tell someone from that family nobody"

"I heard that it is one of the three great families that have existed since the fall of the previous kingdom and they gained their position today by betraying their own race"

"I heard that they are quite powerful and cunning in acting, and even some abysmal families are reserved with them"

"The helm that sank the Ship, is the phrase that best qualifies them"

Recalling so far, the legs of the abysmal youth who had spoken ill did not stop shaking.

"And that young man over there, is the youngest son of the head of the Great Family Helm, Aldvid Helm, I heard that he is one of the greatest talents in the entire kingdom" This message made the already nervous young man collapse in an instant, he was about to kneel and seek forgiveness when.

"Humph, Aldvid Helm, after some time you will be defeated by me" Kon Luan's heroic voice was heard, causing everyone to get excited.

"I don't live in the future, we don't even know if life will reach us for tomorrow, if you don't have the courage to face me now, stop talking stupid things"

'Siiigh'

A massive and cold blast was heard from the audience when they saw how Aldvid ridiculed Kon, while he trembled with anger and clenched his fists to stop himself because, he knew that he was not yet the opponent of this young human.

"I'm more interested in that beauty" Following Aldvid's gaze, they all turned to Thyriel beside Asherit.

"Beauty, if you want to follow someone with a future, better follow me and not the product of the casual amusement of His Majesty the Abysmal King with the spoils of war" After Aldvid's comment, the crowd fixed their gaze on Asherit.

Everyone here had already found out about this young hybrid and seventh prince of the kingdom, who currently had no status due to the tradition of the royal family.

Here, even the son of a little Baron's family would have more influence than him, the worst of it is that even with his title of seventh prince, there were many rumors that no person with influence within the kingdom viewed this young hybrid man in a pleasant light.

"It looks like Aldvid Helm is targeting the seventh prince"

"That is normal, the Great Family Helm and the other two were never satisfied to see the Eldest Princess manage to survive that catastrophe and become Queen of the Abysmal Kingdom, even if only in name"

"It seems that something interesting is going to happen"

Interesting comments flooded the area, Kon Luan and Hukru Batfall only watching the spectacle, while Aldvid looked provocatively at Asherit and with a greedy glance at Thyriel.

Between all these people's stares, Asherit didn't even change his cool and calm demeanor as he commented.

"You? Trying to get Thyriel to follow you? You're not even qualified to drag you 100 steps behind her" Hearing Asherit's domineering and indifferent comment, everyone was shocked while Aldvid seemed to rage in a second.

'I'll take this as an invitation and cause you some pain while everyone thinks I'm driven by anger' Aldvid quickly thought of something and launched himself at Asherit with impressive speed.

'Swoosh'

"The Helm family's wind based movement techniques are without a doubt mind blowing" Seeing Aldvid appear in front of Asherit in moments, Kon and Hukru had solemn looks on their faces.

"Bastard, I'll make you pa ..."

'Boooom'

Aldvid hadn't even finished his sentence when he felt the weight of a mountain on his chest, he had seen Asherit lift his foot and make a simple movement to kick it.

And while watching this, he had made fun of this cheap kick in his heart, however, although it seemed simple and slow, no matter how hard he tried he could not dodge it and ended up being thrown to the edge of the training ground by this simple attack while Asherit commented in the same cold tone.

"Dogs shouldn't bark in front of their masters"

Everyone in the area was filled with shock, a simple attack had just taken down 'one of the greatest talents in the realm', no doubt this was shocking to look at.

"You!, I'll make you pay for this" Now, full of real fury, Aldvid tried to get up.

"Brother Asherit, if you want, I can take care of this" Hearing the confidence in Thyriel's little prayer, everyone looked at her in astonishment, even Kon and Hukru believed these words without knowing their strength.

"Don't worry, it's just a small handlebar trying to soar through the skies"

'Pugh'

Hearing this insult that played on the fame of his entire family, Aldvid finally couldn't bear his mental state anymore, ceasing to control his wounds and vomited a mouthful of blood.

"I hear from that girl!, Her-her her name is Thyriel Fairui'Glad the results of her talent were the highest that have been recorded since the beginning of the kingdom until now, she awakened her magical spirit with just under 6 years of age, her spirit sea couldn't even be measured with common magic matrices and she even has an affinity towards three magic elements"

"What?!, That's impossible!"

"No no, that's true, it was a Brigadier General who tested her talents personally, I even heard that he kept saying that she was a prodigy of those who are only born one each era"

"I heard that she, like Aldvid, Kon and Hukru, has also asked to take a mission to become a Second Sergeant, she is only 6 years old, but she is already a G-Rank Mage at least" Before all this information, everyone was left amazed and unable to say anything for a long time.

"Wait wait, no that young seventh prince has asked to take a mission to become a First Sergeant and he also just defeated Aldvid, a High G-Rank Mage with one movement..." Hearing these words, everyone felt their heart was tight by an invisible hand.

"So, he's at least a Peak G-Rank Mage?, But by royal family tradition, he should only be 6 years old right?"

'Siiigh!'

A cold breath came out of everyone in the area making them look quite coordinated.

"This batch of recruits is incredible, bringing together Three Great Geniuses, a Prodigy of Era and a Monster..." No one rejected this comment, since no one thought that the sender was wrong, and no one came up with a better word than monster for describe Asherit.

[Saarg]

A NOTE FROM SAARG:

Thank you for reading this story.

Remember that when you visit us on Patreon, you not only can enjoy all the free content that we have, but also, you can access to our exclusive content by supporting us with your donations that can be from 1USD.

In advance, we appreciate your support, as with this, we can continue to bring you much more content and new original projects.
Leave us your comments to know what you think about today 's chapter.

1