Chapter 18. A wall that almost leads you to death.
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ANNOUNCEMENT FROM SAARG]

Hello dear readers,

From now on, we will be publishing the chapters every Sunday.
And being Sunday today...

 

At one of the Ghost Town training grounds, Asherit and Thyriel were in front of Lieutenant Hun who would be training them for a month.

"Okay guys, since you are both ranked Mages, it will save me a lot of trouble jojo, since you have formed an official team, we will focus on your teamwork and assassination techniques" With a smile on his face, the plump Lieutenant Hun commented.

Listening to the Lieutenant, a peculiar glint passed through Asherit's eyes, although it is true that his mother had learned various methods and techniques from the abysmals, which she had also taught him, since they had always thought of betraying them, Asherit did not believed that they had taught her his best skills and deepest knowledge.

'If I can learn the essence of the great methods and skills of such a warlike race, surely my prowess in battle will improve' Without paying much attention, Asherit did not realize that something within him was driving him to gain more power, as if were thirsty in a desert and searching for an oasis.

"As you may already know, apart from magic cultivation techniques and magic techniques, we mages use magic spells too much" Seeing that both young guys nodded to him in confirmation, Lieutenant Hun continued.

"Unlike a magic technique where we use its methods to guide and control the mana within our body and subsequently execute the magic technique, this being the fastest method of using a magician's mana, a magic spell is more complex since it does not only the mana of our body must be controlled, but also the mana of the world around us is controlled, making the launch much slower, but more powerful”,

"For this, we need to use our mana as a base and synchronize it with the mana of the world around us in order to have good control of it and increase the effectiveness of the spell",

“There are some methods within magic spells to control and synchronize our mana with that of the world, within them stand out the hand seals, the spell chants and the formations, each one with its advantages and disadvantages and that is why are used in different situations”,

"So, apart from your practical combat and assassination training which we will begin in the afternoons, I will teach you in the morning various magic spells focused on stealth, tracking and support that you can use in your next missions, due to the short time you may not be able to learn all of them, but if you can achieve a minor achievement in one of them, it will be very helpful, so without further ado…”,

"Let us begin" Directing Asherit and Thyriel to sit in lotus position, Lieutenant Hun did the same to begin his explanations.

"As I mentioned, there are various methods to cast magic spells, however, all of them have one thing as their objective, to establish symbols and forms where the mana of the world will gather, then, in almost all cases the mage must guide and control the mana gathered with the help of these symbols and shapes to cast the spell"

"Hand seals are one of the most common methods for casting spells, with them, in most cases no extra materials are necessary and only the proper dexterity is required" Saying this, Lieutenant Hun put his hand inside one of the compartments of his uniform and taking out two books about two inches thick, he tossed them to Asherit and Thyriel.

As they took the books, they both felt the freshly made thin paste and the smell of fresh ink reached their noses.

"As you are imagining, those manuscripts were recently made for both of them, in them various magic spells are recorded that are the essence of the Elite Division of the Abysmal Kingdom",

"With your current military rank, it would be very difficult for you to access to this information, but thanks to special circumstances, someone within the high ranks made these manuscripts especially for you"

"Due to the varying grades of spells recorded on them, you won't be able to use all of them, but even so, they asked me to see you guys memorize the entire book before I burning them"

'Tsk, that major in the library sure analyzed us well' Hearing the Lieutenant's words, Asherit realized that the high ranks of the Elite Division knew their memorization abilities, otherwise no one would bother in asking them for this task.

And it is that, although memorizing a book is an easy task for cultivators, to memorize one that contains spells and/or magic techniques, the difficulty increases making it almost impossible for those who don’t have a great spirit sea and spiritual sense.

The average cultivators would take days or weeks to memorize a technique or magic spell depending on its grade and this was due to the complexity of the laws and truths of the universe that were transmitted in such information, but Lieutenant Hun was asking them to memorize a manuscript full of spells that contained such vast and profound information from the universe.

Without a doubt, this was a work of the high ranks to test theirs true capabilities.

*Thyriel, this information will be of use to us for a long time so memorize the whole book no matter how long it takes you* After thinking about it for a second, Asherit decided that he would lose nothing by confirming his abilities to the high ranks and they would gain a lot of this book, so he sent a message through his spiritual senses to Thyriel.

*It's okay brother Asherit, I'll give my all to leave nothing* And after Thyriel answered him by the same means, they both began to understand the information inside the book.

Now that Asherit was more adept at using his spiritual sense, Lieutenant Hun did not have the abilities to notice his message through spiritual sense, and least that of Thyriel who had awakened a bloodline related to the handling of this and she was even more skilled in its use than some high ranks.

'They certainly have the mentality that great talents need, they didn't even say something before focusing their attention on the spells, on the other hand, I even feel envious that they could obtain all these spells without having a proper rank yet' Lieutenant Hun nodded inwardly, approving of the attitude of these two youngs, but was also quite curious about the decision of the higher ranks of the kingdom.

Although one was a prodigy of an era and the other was a prince and had even more amazing talents, they were both only 6 year old and G-Rank Mages who, perhaps, could only use 10% of the techniques contained in that manuscript.

'Most of the other princes and princesses don't even have access to 50% of the techniques in that manuscript, it seems that the rumor that His Majesty favors this little prince too much is true...' Closing his eyes as he contemplated various matters, the Lieutenant Hun stopped observing these two youngs, meanwhile they closed themselves off to the outside world and were completely focused on the information within the manuscripts.

...

Four hours had passed and inside the training ground where Asherit, Thyriel and Lieutenant Hun were, silence and peace ruled.

And although everything seemed calm in the outside world, inside Asherit's mind the information was gathered in piles, furthermore, although Thyriel had greatly improved her memorization speed, thanks to the immensity of Asherit's spirit sea, he only needed to focus half of his attention to match it, therefore, he was directing his remaining attention to beginning to analyze, simulate, and learn magic spells.

'As I imagined, this knowledge is much deeper than what my mother managed to obtain from them' Inside his Dantian, a projection of Asherit was present as he analyzed these spells.

'The state in which the hand position is performed, the rhythm, the speed and the accuracy of the postures is the most basic way to synchronize with the world and cast the spell, however, this will only give you average control over the mana of the world '

'The experts of the abysmal race, first focus on tracing the drawings and forms in their Spiritual Sea and later project them with the hand seals, when the drawings and forms are established outside, a bridge must be formed between these and those that were traced in the Spirit Sea, thus, the control over them and the mana of the world will increase enormously'

Although he couldn't really begin to test the magic spells he was analyzing due to the changes in the mana of the area's world being noticed by Lieutenant Hun, no doubt Asherit was learning too much by analyzing each of them thoroughly.

On the other hand, Thyriel had all her current ability focused on memorizing the various types of knowledge printed in the manuscript, although her spiritual sea was not as great as Asherit's, she certainly had a much greater control over it, and together with her outstanding dexterity in using her magic spirit and spiritual sense, she was able to understand the basics of some magic spells that she could use at her current level.

Although her quest for power was to rescue her brothers and avenge her parents, since Asherit began to teach her combat, assassination, magic and the mysteries of the world, she began to fascinate more and more, to the point that in several times she just wanted to learn to satisfy her curiosity.

Thus, two outstanding geniuses focused for another 24 hours only on memorizing the magic spells of the manuscript and understanding in wonder the mysteries that these spells contained.

...

'Ta'

The sound of the book closing caused Lieutenant Hun to open his eyes. To his surprise, the first person to put the book aside was the little girl named Thyriel.

'Her?, I imagine that the young prince would be the first to memorize the book, or maybe she failed to memorize the high-level techniques and gave up?, Hmm that wouldn't be strange, even higher ranked Mages would have a hard time learning said spells and even more so in such a short time' A total of 28 hours had passed since Thyriel and Asherit began this task, so, the Lieutenant was doubtful if in truth Thyriel was able to memorize all the spells written in it.

On the other hand, Thyriel knew that Asherit was no worse than her in his ability to memorize, so she turned her gaze, hoping she could meet him with a smile.

And upon noticing this action on her part, Lieutenant Hun followed her actions and fixed his gaze on Asherit.

Asherit had long ago finished memorizing all the spells, and he was just trying to understand them thoroughly, he had the idea of ​​studying a little more before opening his eyes, but, seeing with his spiritual sense Thyriel looking at him with a smile, he didn't want this cute girl to wait another second, so he decided to open his eyes.

'Ta'

Again, the sound of a book closing could be heard, this time it was the book in possession of Asherit who, upon opening his eyes, fixed his gaze in Thyriel's direction and upon seeing her receive him with a charming smile, he returned the greeting smiling at her.

'Oh, how nice it is to be young…' Upon seeing this pair, Lieutenant Hun remembered his youthful days for a second, but in the next instant, he realized that these boys knew each other very well.

"Ajam" Hearing the sound produced by Lieutenant Hun, both youngs became a little ashamed for no apparent reason and then turned their gazes towards him.

"Alright, it seems like you're done with those books, right?" Hearing the Lieutenant's question, both guys attended so he continued.

"Do not be tormented if you did not manage to memorize the high grade spells, as long as you perform well within the Elite Division, you will naturally have the opportunity to learn them again" Hearing the Lieutenant's words, it was obvious that he did not believe that they had memorized all spells.

And it is that although the time for both young people had seemed quite long, in reality only a little more than a day had passed, even though the Lieutenant knew the beliefs of the high ranks about these children with impressive memorization abilities, nobody had verified it and since this was crazy for him, he decided not to believe it before seeing it.

"Well, first I will fulfill the wish of the higher command so give me the books" Without adding any comment, Thyriel and Asherit passed the books into the hands of Lieutenant Hun who without hesitation burned them to ashes.

"Before we begin, you will have to prove to me that you memorized the normal spells of medium or at least low grades" After saying this, the Lieutenant set his sights on Thyriel as she was the first to close the book.

And thinking that the Lieutenant was asking her to try to cast some spell, Thyriel stood up.

'Clap' 'Clap' 'Pa' 'Pfui'

Without thinking, Thyriel began to form hand seals, although her movements were somewhat rough, she was focusing her mental state at an extremely high level and upon seeing this, Lieutenant Hun jumped to his feet full of horror.

When he commented that he wanted a demonstration, he was not thinking of asking them to try any spells, but was about to take out some sheets where these young people could draw some spells with all their symbols, shapes and hand positions, when, he was suddenly interrupted by Thyriel's amazing actions.

'Pfha'

Returning to the Thyriel scene, after a few more movements she managed to finish the hand seals, and then an even more shocking event took place in this training ground.

In front of Thyriel, a greenish circle that seemed somewhat illusory began to take shape, and within it, various lines spread out like living roots.

After a few moments the mana of the world existing in the area began to show interaction with this strange drawing, and this in turn began to absorb the mana of the area as if it were a man who had not eaten a bite in months.

The more mana it absorbed, the more real it became and after a few breaths of time, said manifestation became so stable that some would think it was indeed a solid object.

To Lieutenant Hun's surprise, Thyriel did not stop here, once she had gathered enough mana, her face became much more serious, showing how difficult the next step was.

'Gulp'

At this, the Lieutenant could not help but swallow spittle, and meanwhile, Asherit was already on his feet because when he saw Lieutenant Hun full of shock, he knew that this man would not have a quick reaction if something went wrong, for which he would take responsibility for Thyriel's safety.

'Crrc' 'Crrc' 'Crc' 'Crrc'

The sound of roots writhing could be heard coming from that fascinating circle and after an instant.

"Yha" With a short little cry, Thyriel pushed her hands with the last seal that she still held towards the circle.

'Crrc-Crrc-Crrc' 'Tra'

An immense number of roots emerged from the greenish circle and as they glided, they began to interweave to form a leafy wall in front of Thyriel. It was about 4 meters wide and 3 meters high, and although it was only 50 centimeters thick, it gave the feeling of being an unbreakable fortress.

"That-that, that is the Medium Mortal Grade 'Solch Cai' magic spell, although its form is not perfect, it should withstand the attacks of any G-Rank Mage for some time" Cast by someone who mastered this spell to perfection, the Solch Cai wall would withstand at least three full power attacks from an F-Rank Mage.

Even though it was a Medium Mortal Grade spell, its difficulty to cast it was not low, and knowing all this information first-hand, Lieutenant Hun's eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

If someone at this point told him that Thyriel has been practicing this spell hard for a month, he would certainly believe it.

The thought even crossed his mind that this girl had learned this spell long before and was only playing with him, however, he knew it was impossible, because the spells recorded in the book were among the best that the abysmal had, and they were jealously protected.

"I tried it ..."

'Crrc-Crrc-Crrc'

'Tra' 'Tra'

Lieutenant Hun had regained some of his sanity and was about to attack the wall to test his resistance when out of nowhere, Thyriel pushed her execution of the spell to the limit and formed two more walls in front of the first.

'Cough' 'Cough'

'Cough' 'Cough'

'COUGH' 'COUGH'

Upon witnessing this feat, the Lieutenant stopped his words in their tracks and his shock was so great that he began to choke on his own saliva.

Unable to think much more, he nearly lost consciousness as he choked and it was only until he felt a warm energy envelop him that he regained his senses and was able to stabilize his breathing.

'Incredible, a wall almost murdered someone…. Thyriel you really are incredible jaja​​' It was Asherit who used 'Phoenix Breath' to bring Lieutenant Hun out of his sad state, meanwhile, Asherit himself was dazzled seeing the silhouette of the young and radiant elf girl who followed him everywhere and it made his days much more enjoyable in this place.

A NOTE FROM SAARG

Remember share with your friends this story full of action, adventure, drama, mystery and fantasy.

By visiting us on Patreon, you not only can enjoy all the free content that we have, but also, you can access to our exclusive content by supporting us with your donations that can be from 1USD.
In advance, we appreciate your support, as with this, we can continue to bring you much more content and new original projects.

Leave us your comments to know what you think about today's chapter.

 

1