Chapter 19. This is how they should be.
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Thyriel concentrated on maintaining the Solch Cai root walls, both Asherit and Lieutenant Hun remained moved by the display of their prowess.

Lieutenant Hun even began to take seriously the statement from the high ranks that these youngs would surely be able to memorize all the spells contained in the manuscript, however, although the high ranks believed in it, they thought it would take them 3 to 5 days and not just a little more than a day.

"Lieutenant, will you going to evaluate the capacity of the walls?, If so, you should do it soon as this is the first time that Thyriel casts a spell" Pulling Lieutenant Hun out of his train of thought, Asherit commented in his usual tone.

Although Thyriel was undoubtedly talented, it was her first time casting a spell and if she kept it for long it would put great stress on her spirit.

"Mm" Nodding, the Lieutenant decided to launch an attack simulating the level of a Low F-Rank Mage, meanwhile, Asherit positioned himself near Thyriel to react to any unexpected.

A silver metallic glow began to surround both of Lieutenant Hun's hands, in one of them a spear of about 3 meters began to materialize and in his other hand, a gigantic saber that seemed capable of cutting everything in its path could be seen.

"Here I go Soldier!" After giving enough time to prepare for Thyriel who was observing the mana weapons that had appeared in the Lieutenant's hands, he began his true attack.

Swoosh

Swing

From a distance, Lieutenant Hun threw the spear hard and behind it, he threw the saber as well. The sight of this was frightening, a spear that seemed to be able to pierce the highest layer of the sky was making way for a rotating saber that could divide the oceans.

PA!

The impact of the spear against the first wall was heard, although the spear successfully pierced all the roots of this wall, it still lost enough power and at first glance it looked a little more illusory than before.

Boom

Even though, in its weakened state it exploded against the second wall, damaging it, Thyriel meanwhile, was concentrating his mana on the second wall to regenerate it, as the saber was approaching unstoppably.

Riiip!

With astonishing precision, the saber struck the first wall where the spear had penetrated and effortlessly ripped the wall away, causing it to disappear and Thyriel's face to lose some color.

Crack! Buuum!

The sound of the roots fragmenting was heard throughout the area and with a huge bang, the second wall collapsed.

Not caring about it, Thyriel concentrated all the remaining mana on the last standing wall, the roots beginning to congregate at the point where the saber was about to impact.

‘Awesome, she continues to learn how to gain better control in the spell at every step and is improving in its ways of use as well' When Lieutenant Hun launched his attack, he thought that she would only resist the attack of a Low F-rank Mage, for him, this was already an impressive fact considering Thyriel's level and how long she had known the spell.

Now seeing this girl's proficiency with the spell, he realized that the saber could not bring down the spell.

'Mmh, I'll have to increase the mana of the saber' a silver line as thin as an almost undetectable thread shot from the Lieutenant to the saber and after a few moments, the saber increased in size when it was about to hit the wall.

The walls were separated by about 5 meters, and the speed at which the Lieutenant's attacks traveled were impressive, so although words take time to describe all these actions, in reality the event took place in a fraction of seconds.

This gives us an idea of ​​the processing power of an Elite like Lieutenant Hun and that of a prodigy like Thyriel.

Aside from Thyriel, since he had a much greater processing capacity than both, Asherit was aware of everything that was happening and doing some quick calculations, concluded that the saber was a full power attack from a Medium F-Rank Mage and that the last wall would not have the resistance to stop it.

He was about to approach Thyriel when he was startled by a peculiar glow in the greenish circle that was the shape of Thyriel's spell.

The lines that looked like living roots within the circle began to move and interweave faster, and the greenish circle not only seemed more real but also increased in size a bit.

'This girl' With a smile on his face, Asherit gave Thyriel a warm look and decided not to intervene anymore.

...

Riiiiiip!

Boom!

The sound of roots tearing announced the collapse of the last wall.

'With the three walls, she would certainly have withstood a blow with the full force of a Medium G-Rank Mage' Lieutenant Hun was smiling, pleased at the girl's display.

'Wait, the Saber…'

It's not that the Lieutenant was inept at controlling his mana and magic techniques, but rather that he had gone through many emotional ups and downs and his mind was not entirely focused, thus, he forgot that his metallic saber, an Medium F-Rank Mage attack, it was still headed for Thyriel and it still contained quite a bit of energy.

Owing to he had only wanted to simulate the power of a F-Rank Mage attack, the Lieutenant did not add a control method to it and to stop it, he would have to bind his mana to the saber, however, it was already too close to Thyriel.

'I will not do it in time ... the seventh prince' Turning his gaze to Asherit, he thought that he could do something, because at this moment, due to the spent mana and the stress that the spell had caused, surely Thyriel would not be able to avoid the saber.

However, the Lieutenant's face turned sour as he saw Asherit's calm and cold gaze, as if he didn't know what was going on, he just stayed away.

Previously, the Lieutenant had assumed that the relationship between these two was very good, but now it seemed that the seventh prince wanted to let this young elf girl die.

"Caref…"

BOOOOM!

The Lieutenant was about to reprimand him to intervene when he was stunned by the following events.

The metal saber was about to reach Thyriel, when the circle of the spell advanced towards him, stopping him and creating a capsule to contain the explosion of energy.

A huge cloud of dust rose up across the training ground and didn't settle for a long time.

Lieutenant Hun was not even aware of how comical his face looked being dusty and his mouth wide open.

And it is that, to be able to move the drawings and forms of a magic spell, the caster of this should have a deep understanding of its magic element, of the laws of magic and of the spell itself.

However, although it had been just a few, this little 6 year old girl, a Medium G-Rank Mage achieved such a feat on her first attempt by casting a spell.

'So, this is what its call an Era Prodigy'

Sigh! ...

...

"Brother Asherit, how did I do it?" Not feeling shaken after her demonstration, Thyriel came to Asherit's side awaiting his opinion.

Pet

Rub-Rub

"Awesome!, You really surprised me this time, Thyriel" Rubbing Thyriel's head affectionately, Asherit was giving her a couple of compliments with a warm smile.

"Hehe" An immense happiness flooded Thyriel and as she smiled at Asherit, she lowered her head, expecting him to continue rubbing it.

On the other hand, Lieutenant Hun still remained dazed in his place and even if he wanted to, Asherit looked for an angle where he did not see him smile.

Although she had smiled at other abysmals, surely only her mother and Thyriel knew her sincere smiles.

After rubbing Thyriel's head some more, Asherit commented.

"Come, let's go wake Lieutenant Hun from his dream"

"Mm" Nodding happily at him, Thyriel followed him as they walked towards the Lieutenant.

"Lieutenant", "Lieutenant Hun", "Sir ..."

After several calls, Lieutenant Hun came out of his daze and after looking deeply at Thyriel for a few moments, he asked.

"Are you sure you've never seen the Solch Cai magic spell or something similar?"

"I have never seen or learned any magic spell Sir" Hearing Thyriel's affirmation, the Lieutenant could only nod and after a few seconds he turned his gaze to Asherit without knowing what to say.

For his part, watching Lieutenant Hun, Asherit guessed what he was thinking and commented.

"I guess it's my turn, in that case, let's start ...", before Lieutenant Hun could speak Asherit spoke again.

"Sir, I will execute an attack magic spell, I suppose it will be comparable to an attack with the full strength of a Low or Medium F Rank Mage, of course without using magic spells, however, to really measure it…." Understanding the meaning of his words, the Lieutenant commented.

"Don't worry, you can throw it at me and I'll block it to analyze its true level" After nodding towards the Lieutenant, Asherit moved about 30 meters away from him and Thyriel moved away from both of them to observe them, curiously staying closer to Asherit.

Then Asherit began to prepare.

'His breathing became slower, the aura he shows also took a radical turn and he seems to have a perfect state of concentration…' Lieutenant Hun began to deduce various things with only the first impression that this young prince gave him.

'Clap' 'Pfo' 'Clap' 'Pfa' 'Cr' 'Clap'

'His way of forming the hand seals is quite fluid, his speed and tempos are also perfect…' The more he watched, the more serious the Lieutenant's face became.

'Clap' 'Pfoh'

At the end of the last hand stamp, the shape of a one meter burning volcano manifested in front of Asherit.

And just as it had happened when Thyriel cast her spell, this form began to interact and synchronize with the mana of the world around him.

It only took a few seconds for this small volcano to achieve its goal and later, it began to violently absorb all this mana.

In addition to becoming more realistic, this volcano began to grow in a crazy way, inside it felt as if there were boiling lava, giving the feeling that before it was just a sleeping volcano and that now it was in its awakening process.

Glu-Glu

Glu-Glu

After some time, the volcano had grown to 10 meters and although it was small compared to a real one, it felt as if the energy within it could set off a small town.

"Lieutenant!"

"Come!" After receiving the affirmation from the lieutenant who quickly cast a spell from a metal wall, Asherit made a few more hand seals and began his attack.

Fsss-Fu

Swoosh

From the volcano, a fireball of about one meter emerged, then with a launch seal, Asherit made it head towards the Lieutenant.

'Krakatoana Vulcanus, a Paramount Mortal Grade magic spell focused on the area attacks, when a minor achievement is reached in this, the user can launch at least 10 fireballs at a time with amazing power', analyzing the Asherit’s attack, the Lieutenant wondered to what level of dexterity this young prince could execute such a spell.

He had prepared 3 metal walls without problems thanks to his mastery and his real power level. If Asherit's attack could knock down the first wall, it meant that it was comparable to the attack of a Low F-Rank Mage without using a magic spell, if he could break through the second wall, it would mean that his attack had the ability of a Medium F-Rank Mage following the logic above.

And although he had prepared a third wall, the Lieutenant did not actually believe that Asherit's attack could bring it down since this would mean that his magic spell reached the impetus of a High F-Rank Mage attack.

Boom!

The fireball smashed into the first wall, though it made it stagger it still couldn't knock it down.

'I see, so this is the feeling…' Asherit on the other hand was not interested in the number of walls or power of his attack, but in how to create the perfect bridge between the volcano in front of him and the volcano that he had created in his spiritual sea.

'Drawing the symbols and forms within your spiritual sea and later connecting it with the symbols and forms that are projected with the hand seals, is a way to make your magic spirit gain a faster and much more sophisticated control over the mana of the world without having to own it first' The more he got carried away, the more Asherit understood how to enrich his skill.

'Pfa' 'Clap' 'Pfuh'

Fsss

Fu-Fu-fu

Asherit again made a launch seal, but this time, it was three fireballs that came out of the volcano.

Swoosh

The three of them shot towards Lieutenant Hun, who was watching with anticipation.

Crack!

Booom!

The first wall exploded into pieces upon receiving the impact, however, with it, the 3 fireballs were also extinguished. Right now, Asherit was not paying as much attention to the impact of his attack but to his flow when launching it.

After releasing a few more hand stamps, the volcano seemed hotter.

'Again…'

'Pfuh' 'Clap' 'Pfuuh'

Fsss

Fu-Fu-Fu-Fu-Fu

Amazing, like the little elf girl, he is learning while casting the spell, however, his learning speed is monstrous ...' Lieutenant Hun had already rebuilt the first wall as they had to be knocked down in the same attack round to test more efficiently the skill of the attack.

And as he did so, he watched Asherit from afar, no doubt he had never seen or heard of such amazing understanding.

Swoosh

This time, 5 fireballs flew towards the Lieutenant.

Crack!

Booom!

Boom!

Without delay, this attack destroyed the first wall, and although a little spent it continued towards the second, but, the energy of these fireballs was no longer great enough, making only the second wall tremble a little.

'Pfuh' 'Clap' 'Pfuuh'

To the Lieutenant's surprise, without waiting a second longer, Asherit was already launching his next round of attacks.

Fsss

Fu-Fu-Fu-Fu-Fu

Fu-Fu-Fu

Swoosh

8 fireballs came out of the volcano this time and without any preparation, they shot out.

Craaack!

Boooom!

Crack!

Booom!

The first two metal walls fell without much opposition, but there was not a bit of energy left in the attack to continue, and it dispersed long before reaching the third wall.

'I see, so this works like this, amazing, really amazing…' Without noticing the results of his attacks, Asherit kept finding new clues on how to improve.

 Lieutenant Hun had barely finished rebuilding the two fallen metal walls when ...

'Clap' 'Pfuh'

Fssss

Fu-Fu-Fu-Fu-Fu...

Fu-Fu-Fu- Fu-Fu...

Fuuu *14

"Mi-Minor Achievement ..."

Fiih!

As if he had seen a ghost, Lieutenant Hun had a face full of horror, a Paramount Mortal Grade magic spell like this, it was not easily mastered, it would take an average cultivator about 2 or 3 months to reach a minor achievement in execution of said spell.

Even people commonly labeled as 'Geniuses', it would take at least a month to understand the mysteries enough to show a minor achievement in this grade of spells.

But now, the young prince that everyone was talking about, after memorizing this spell and practicing with it for a little over a few minutes, was able to achieve a minor achievement when using it.

On the other hand, it did not seem as if he had barely achieved this achievement, since the minimum for this was 10 fireballs, but, the seventh prince had managed to launch 24 consecutive fireballs.

Swoosh!

The sound of a group of fireballs approaching him, brought Lieutenant Hun out of the trance that he was in.

Boom!

Booom!

Booooooom!

The first and second walls were melted almost as easily as ice falling into magma, as for the third metallic wall, although it was much more solid than the others, it could not resist the momentum of the group of fireballs and was also dissolved with an explosion of flames.

Clank

Lieutenant Hun had to raise a small metal wall so that the remains of the explosion did not reach him.

'Incredible…' Without words, the Lieutenant thought that the Sages of the legends might have had this level of capabilities.

"Wonderful Brother Asherit!, I have never seen an erupting volcano before" With a smiling smile, like that of any child watching fireworks, Thyriel approached Asherit delighted.

"Haha, I think a real erupting volcano would bring more devastation",

"But, I think it can be said that this spell imitates one in miniature ..." As the two conversed, Lieutenant Hun approached not knowing what to say next.

"Emm, Al-Alright soldiers, you have shown an incredible ability, we would have to move on to practical combat and assassination training, but, you have been memorizing spells for 28 hours straight, and it is also your first time casting a spell, so, your spirits must be exhausted” Memorizing a spell would bring some burden to the magic spirit and both youngs had memorized a complete book of Abysmal Core spells.

Also, when casting magic spells, the magic spirit was the one that suffered the most wear and tear, and the Lieutenant did not want to overload them, so he commented.

"Since that's the case, go rest for today, we'll see at this same training ground early tomorrow".

Swosh

Without waiting for their reply, Lieutenant Hun disappeared from the training ground as quickly as he could.

"Brother Asherit?" A little confused by what they should do, Thyriel fixed her gaze on Asherit, who upon seeing her smiled at her and said.

"Since our training is over, let's go get something to eat and then continue our normal routine" Both young guys left the training ground in the direction of their home.

…..

As Thyriel and Asherit made their way home, Lieutenant Hun arrived at a simple house on the other side of the ghost town.

Knock-Knock

"I am Lieutenant Hun, I have something to say to the Grand Elder" With a humble tone, the Lieutenant spoke patiently awaiting the answer from the other side of the door.

Chiiirp

The heavy door was opened, and without hesitation, Lieutenant Hun entered the house.

Although it seemed small, it was actually quite spacious inside, it had some elites watching and as if he had been here before, Lieutenant Hun headed down a very well hidden passageway towards a spacious underground study.

The study door was ajar, despite this, Lieutenant Hun did not dare to enter without warning.

"Great Elder, this humble servant is here to make a report ..."

"Come in" Hearing the calm voice from within, Lieutenant Hun tilted his head inward and then entered.

Noticing the old man sitting behind a desk, the Lieutenant's eyes were filled with admiration, respect, and adoration. This man who looked like only a generous and wise old man, was actually one of the most outstanding people among the abysmals.

And if Asherit and Thyriel were here, they would recognize him as the old man from the supply building who gifted them with a pair of interspace rings, Major Guo.

"Little Hun pays his respects to Major Guo" Bowing quite seriously, the Lieutenant spoke like a child towards his elder.

"Haha, I told you not to do that, you will only make this old man grow old faster, let's get up" With a smile on his face, Major Guo spoke and Lieutenant Hun stood up without saying more.

"Senior, the results of those two young men ..."

"We know everything ..." Before Lieutenant Hun could explain what happened with Asherit and Thyriel, a calm voice interrupted him.

Although the study was large, there was nowhere for someone to hide so easily, furthermore, Lieutenant Hun was an E-Rank Mage Peak and one with the capabilities to be a Lieutenant in the Elite Division, but, he didn't even notice that someone else was inside this space, so he was filled with fear upon hearing this voice.

"Haha, Rakshar don't scare little Hun ..."

"Mm, it was not my intention" On one side of the desk, an indistinct shadow began to appear and after a few moments, a man emerged from the shadow.

He was a tall abysmal and quite imposing, although he looked quite strong he also had the aura of a scholar.

"Young Lord Rakshar, this lowly one pays his respects to ..."

"Ok-ok, it’s enough" Interrupting the Lieutenant, Rakshar signaled him to get up and nodding the Lieutenant commented.

"Senior, Young Lord, those two ... I've never seen or heard anything like that, have they?" With considerable hesitation, Lieutenant Hun did not know how to articulate a congruent sentence.

"Mm, they are true geniuses ..." Elder Guo was the first to reply.

"Yes, This is how they should be." Nodding to the old man, Rakshar commented.

"True geniuses?" Hearing these two speak, the Lieutenant still had doubts.

"Mm, although there are geniuses in all this area, they are common geniuses, only a few are outstanding geniuses, there are several in each generation, however, these two young people are even more incredible than the famous geniuses of legends, very-very old legends" Listening to the old Guo, the Lieutenant began to think of the oldest legends, of those beings capable of traveling through the various areas without anyone stopping them, of those masters who destroyed everything in their path with one hand, he even thought of the progenitor of his race and try to compare him to these young guys in his mind.

"Hun, from now on teach them our best assassination and combat skills" Hearing Rakshar's order, Lieutenant Hun was startled.

"B-but Young Lord, they, I don't think they're loyal ..."

"Don't worry about it, you just prepare them the best you can." Without explaining his reasons, Rakshar ordered.

"Yes Lord, then I will retire to prepare what is necessary"

"Mm, your father already knows about this, so he will help you in the library" Nodding to Rakshar's message and bowing to him and the elder Guo, the Lieutenant quickly left the underground study.

After the Lieutenant left, inside the study, Elder Guo and Rakshar became more familiar.

"Master, I too must leave, I will find the younger brother to polish certain things with him" With a certain warm touch in his voice, Rakshar commented.

"Mm, my disciples, you have a heavy burden on you ... sorry for not being able to shake it off, and, thank you for supporting your little brother and all of us through this tribulation ..." Sigh

"No master, you taught us well, none of us expected all this, besides..., a curse or a blessing we still cannot declare anything certain ..."

"Mm, although it seems that certain things will not be able to change, perhaps this is not completely lost ..."

After a heavy silence, Rakshar said goodbye to Major Guo and disappeared from the study.

"Are there no more options?"

Siiiigh!

A heavy sigh was heard in this study, as the old man showed a weary countenance, if those who knew his fame were here, they would be quite surprised to see him like this.

However, those who really knew him thoroughly, knew and shared his feelings.

Thus, in this underground study, an old man continued trying to disengage the gears of destiny with his entire being.

 

A NOTE FROM SAARG

Don't forget to share this story full of action, adventure, drama, mystery and fantasy with your friends.

And remember by visiting us on Patreon, you not only can enjoy all the free content that we have, but also, you can access to our exclusive content by supporting us with your donations that can be from 1USD.
In advance, we appreciate your support, as with this, we can continue to bring you much more content and new original projects.

Leave us your comments to know what you think about today's chapter.

1