Don’t Belong
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Many rooms lined the inside walls of the underground cellar. Men and women lounged on simple, yet comfortable furniture. As Todd wandered around the inside of what he assumed was that staffs quarters, people would occasionally glare at him before returning to their own business.

“You don’t belong here,” rudely stated an elegant women as she walked up to Todd. “Tell me why you’re here, or I’ll have to get security.”

“I was told my friend works here. I just wanted to have a chat with her,” Todd grumbled.

“Well, tell me her name I’ll go see if she wants to talk to you,” the women snarkily replied. 
“My names Todd. Can you tell Sasha I want to talk to her?” Todd responded ignoring the rude tone of voice the women used.

“Ok, I’ll go let her know.”

The lady who had stopped Todd walked into a room. Todd decided to seat himself on one of the couches while he waited. It was the most comfortable thing he had sat on in a long time. The lady came back without anyone behind her.

“I’m sorry. She said she doesn’t want to associate with poor villagers anymore. You can leave now.” 

Todd’s eyes narrowed. From their time travelling together, Todd had mentioned on many occasions his background as an accountant and his life living in the city. He certainly didn’t consider himself a villager and didn’t think Sasha would care where he came from. She definitely spent time touring those small communities in her free time.

“Well, She can tell me herself,” said an annoyed Todd who marched over to the room the lady had walked into.

The lady grabbed Todd’s arm and tried to pull him away, but her strength was lacking compared the muscle hardened mining.

“STOP,” she screamed as Todd turned the knob and pulled the door open.

The stone chamber Todd had opened was completely empty. No furniture, no people, no Sasha, laid within the desolate room. Old abandoned cobwebs hung from the ceiling, the spiders gone to find a more lively atmosphere.

“Explain this,” Todd angrily shouted.

The lady looked away embarrassed, she couldn’t look Todd in the eyes.

“Commoners like yourselves shouldn’t mingle with us here, so I took it upon myself to get rid of you.”

“I mean, from what I’ve gathered your not much more than an entitled servant,” spat Todd. “Where’s Sasha.”

“She’s on duty right now, so you can’t meet with her,” the lady replied smugly.

“Well I’m waiting here until she gets back. I don’t have anything else I need to do,” Todd stubbornly replied. 
Todd stood out among the people with fancy clothes and elegant hairstyles, but he wouldn’t let that from stop him from getting what he wanted. He watched as people scrambled to work, lounged about, and ate meals. He kept quiet. He didn’t want to talk to anyone.

Eventually the blonde woman he had travelled with finally strutted into the room. She was dressed in a beautiful red dress that acquainted the curves of her body. Her hair was cut short, barely reaching the beginning of her shoulders. Tired eyes highlighted the stress she accumulated from working with the count.

When she spotted Todd her eyes lit up and she hurried over to greet him.

0