Ch.1
209 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"These days have been hard enough and now this"

The woman sighed, feeling exhausted from all her work. Beside her was her friend, colonel, Axel Blue, her most trusted friend.

"But I'll give that spy a compliment. He's brave enough to spy on us."

The man beside her nodded, once again she sighed as they continue to walk, Axel jabs her shoulder, telling her to let these things go for a short period of time. He smiled at her, making the woman smile back. Truly the effect of this man on her is different. With him, she felt at ease, and she felt like she could tell him everything. They've been through a lot of things and with him, things are a lot lighter.

Once they've reached the top of the cliff, they stopped, taking in the view that never gets old, the stars that shined upon them made everything more beautiful. Sniffing the fresh ocean breeze. The woman felt her muscles relaxed as she let her eyes wander around the beautiful scenario. This was there so-called "hiding place" when things are tough the two of them will always be there. What's also funny is that this was the place they first met. She wasn't as brave as she was in the past, she was such a cry baby and this made the woman chuckled.

"What are you laughing at, little general?"

Axel teased, he loves calling her little because of her height. He said that she was small but terrible. The woman chuckled once more.

"I just remembered the first time we met here. I was such a cry baby and I felt so embarrassed when I saw you staring at me. And now I'm here"

Now it was the man's turn to chuckle. He remembered her little form coming into his view, both her hands were rubbing her puffy eyes.

"Wasn't that the first time you went into battle?"

Her friend asked her which she answered with a nod.

"I cried for all the soldiers that died that day. It was sad, even now but the difference is that now I look up to those who died in the battle. All of them are considered heroes."

While she was smiling so genuinely the strong cold breeze brushed passed against her brown locks covering her small scar in her left eyebrows. Axel chuckled, leaned a bit closer, and reached his hands to tuck her hair behind her ears, revealing her eyes that reflected the moon. They were both taken aback for a moment before Axel coughed and turn his back on the woman who was now as red as a tomato.

None of them dared to speak as they continue to stare at the oblivion. The woman wasn't certain if it's the right time to have the bravery to confess but a coward she was she remained quiet, letting the silence of the night eat them up. It wasn't that long when the woman discovered that she likes him, no scratch that! She fell in love with him.

The woman's mind was running wild, battling with herself if should do it now and when she finally made up her mind she thought to herself.

'It's now or never.'

But before the woman can even speak, Axel suddenly looked back at her

"Enya. It's getting late. We should head back."

She felt embarrassed for herself. Why was she such a chicken?! But still, she managed to give him smile, agreeing with what he said. When they finally arrived at the field they bid their goodbyes before parting ways. When she reached her destination, her tent, she sighed and sat down at the edge of her bed before she completely plopped herself unto it, letting it engulf her

"When will I get to confess to him?"

It was childish to think about confessing to the guy she likes in the middle of a war. She was supposed to be thinking about strategic plans but here she is, feeling like a high school girl with her mind filled with her high school crush. Once again she sat up, so quickly like a thunder flash, she slapped herself so hard. It wakes her up but it also gave her an awareness. Her cheeks were burning from her slap and she knew that surely there'll be her hand marks.

"A spy cannot just come here. The security of this place is tight and it'll be too obvious. They'll be dead already even before they can report what they've learned here which means the spy is someone who's been here long enough to understand how things run. They've probably wrapped their fingers on the guys here so that they can appear to be trusted."

She whispered to herself as she continues to sum things up in her mind.

"And if they can just go out in here and report the secret information without other soldiers coming with them. Either the spy has a high rank or rather than a spy, it's spies, they can also use the radio to report the secret information but seeing how they know how things run, it'll be a stupid move. Every radio is connected to the imperial corps. And if they used the radio then they'll just blow away their cover unless the spy is one of the imperial corps."

Once again her mind was a mess, whoever that spy is. It's sure is giving her a lot of trouble. All night long, Enya worked on how she can expose the spy, she needs to make sure that she can get that spy before things can get messy. Enya stayed at her table, planning, and thinking, without realizing that the sun was already up.

Her hair was a mess and her eyes have dark circles around it but it can never be compared with her mind, it was chaotic. When she finally stood up from her chair that's when she felt pain, her ass was sore from all the sitting and her back hurts like hell, she twisted her upper body, leaving her lower part the same, and when she heard her back cracked. She felt satisfied. She moseyed to the opening of her tent, there she saw the guys running.

In front of the guys was Axel. She saw him countless times running but it just never gets old. How his sweats drip unto the side of his face and down to his neck and then to his abs. It wasn't something you'll never get tired of. Enya was practically drooling on how hot he was until one of the guys called her which made Axel looked over her direction.

She quickly wiped away her drool and straighten her back, giving them the general vibes however Axel found this cute. She was like a little kitten who's trying to look tough and it made him laugh. The woman though did not find his laughing adorable. She knew what he was thinking and it made her roll her eyes.

'ass.'

After her a little encounter with Axel, she went back inside her tent with her face as red as cherry. It wasn't always like this but ever since she realized her feelings for him she can't help but feel embarrass, it was tiring. She moseyed to her chair and began to plan once more. She likes Axel, she does but thinking about him now will waste her time.

It's been days since her encounter with Axel, days since she kept planning on how to catch the spy but there was still no lead on who the spy can be, it was driving her insane and she felt utterly useless. She went and checked the imperial corps. but found nothing unusual, kept an eye to them but none were acting suspiciously. It was a dead-end!

Enya was pacing back and forth around her tent, time is running out and she's been wasting it to the spy! As she was pacing back and forth, realization hits her. She's been searching and devoting herself to catch the spy which means she fell into the rabbit hole, this is the spy's objective, to distract her! Enya pinched the bridge of her nose as she felt it all coming in pieces.

If she kept searching for the identity of the spy then it's most likely to happen that they will be one to be attacked but if she plans an attack then it's like giving your life without payment, surely the spy will be reporting it all out. Enya grunts, she felt cornered, and if she's already down in the rabbit hole why not explore it?

If catching is a hard game then rather than catching, she'll be playing a game called "realising." Enya went out of her tent and went to the board meeting. Entering the tent she was met by Jack Lington, the chief of the Naval Operations. He was towering over her with his well-built figure, his bone structure was fine and perfectly symmetrical, he had tousled dark brown hair, which is almost the same as hers, his eyes as blue as the oceans with his dark brows sloped downwards in a serious expression which gives off such intimidating aura. 

"Good morning Admiral, how have you been?"

"Good morning to you, General, and I've been good. I've heard there was a spy going around your field, were you able to catch them?"

Enya suddenly felt undignified. She wasn't able to identify the spy more or else catches the spy. 

"No."

Then silence, she does know Jack but they weren't that good friends. There will always be a heavy aura between the two of them. It's always been the wrong time and the wrong words. Before the Admiral could even say something, someone tapped the woman's shoulder which took her attention. Looking back to her shoulder, she saw the Chief of Staff of the Air force, Elijah Carter Anderson. One of her favorite. Just like Admiral Lington, he was towering her with his fine built, his almost perfectly symmetrical face with his fox eye that can deceive you in every way, and his curly snow-white hair. He was giving the woman a toothy grin like a child who won some candy and Enya cannot help but laugh at his child-like personality

"I missed you, General! It's been so long!"

"I miss you too Marshall."

They hugged each other and went to sit down. Minutes later the Commandant of the Marine Corps arrive as well as the Chief of the National Guard, then finally the chairman arrived, Christopher Navarro. His hair was almost as white as the hair of Elijah only the difference is that it's because of his age, the man was in his mid-forties but he sure is wasn't acting like one. The chairman is known for his strict behavior but knowing him better makes you think again. He was very kind like a gentle father, taking care of his precious children.

After their small greetings, They began to work. Enya was now informing them that they should make a move and of course, they didn't allow it, all of them knew there was a spy on a loose and planning an attack on the enemy will give them a drawback. They also mentioned how foolish of her to plan without even knowing the identity of the spy. It did hurt her, knowing that it was true but after giving them her true objective, they began to listen.

"Of course, it would be foolish of me to plan an attack on the enemy while the spy is still on a loose but since catching the spy is eating a lot of time, we're giving them the benefit to think a strategy while we waste our time trying to identify whoever that spy is."

"so what do you suggest we do?"

Admiral asked her which made everyone stare at her, waiting for her absolute answer.

"Instead of catching the spy. We should let them run on a loose."

Enya spoke with so much confidence in her voice, her face was more than serious and she knew they would think she's crazy.

"What kind of nonsense is that?! Why would you let the spy be out in the open? Isn't that just giving them the advan-"

The Commandant of the Marine corps was cut off by the chairman's hand. He motioned her to continue

"As I've said before it's been wasting our time so what we're going to do is give out false information. Let the spy deliver the report and make it look like that's our actual plan."

"Isn't that gonna buy more time? And how can you be so sure that they have reported it?"

Marshal Carter asked with his fox eyes staring right into her soul

"It will and yes I'm sure. The spy's true motive is to distract us so they can scheme but if we give off our false plan of action then surely it will surprise the spy then report it. That's what spies do, they report."

After hearing this, They all agreed and decided to make it happen. When the meeting was done, Enya stood out of her chair and quickly went out to go to her so-called hiding place. Everything was just stressful, sure she found out how she the spy's true motive but she does not understand why one of her soldiers will allow themselves to be a spy. What was the reason behind it? The sun was already down, it was getting late.

She pressed her fingers on her temple as she felt her head pound in pain. Suddenly she felt fingers around her eyes, she laughed, saying:

"Axel. I know that's you"

"Wha...that sucks! How did you find out?"

The woman chuckled once more, his hands were still covering her eyes

"First of all. We are the only ones who are here, well not always but you get the point."

The man behind her chuckled and told her to continue

"And second, I know your ugly ass hands."

By this, the man lets go of her eyes, gasping as if he was very offended, both his hands were on his chest like he was stab. The woman faced him and laughed

"Stop acting like you were stabbed. You are so dramatic!"

"But you did stab me, here."

He retorted, pointing his heart and once again the woman laughed, holding her belly because it was hurting from all the laughing.

"What made you come here?"       

Axel asked while he walks beside her, this made the woman sighed again. Why did he have to ask that? She was feeling happy earlier but now it's gone, it all came back to her in a blink of an eye.

"You know...things"

She does want to tell him the cause, of course, she trusts him but still, it wasn't allowed for her to him their plan. The fewer people know, the better.

"You know you can tell me anything."

"I know but I can't."

"Okay, just tell me whenever you're ready."

Now that sentence made her blushed. It was like he's asking for her confession. Enya actually made up her mind to confessed to him once they've won the war, it's easier that way so that she can have the heavy burden off of her shoulder and so that she can receive his rejection without worrying about other things. If he will reject her.

"It's just about the spy. It's stressing me out"

"It's okay. I know you can do it. Come on! You're Enya Jonz."

"And you're Axel Blue."

"That I am."

They both laughed until she sighed and starts to pour out her problems to him

"Truth is, I still don't know who the spy can be and so I came out with a plan to give out false plan attack on the enemy but it's stressing me out because I'm really not sure if that would work. It's been a few days but I got no lead on who that spy can be."

Breaking her hard shell in front of him was easy. She hadn't left the Enya she was in the past, sure she's smart and tough but she's still a cry baby in front of Axel. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she felt herself pulled into a tight hug, she was clenching her hands on his shirt while he was petting her head, trying to calm her down. When she finally calmed down that when she looked up to him to see him staring at her.

This when she finally realized how close they were to each other. She hid her face to his shirt but still, it was obvious that she was blushing because her ears were red as well, he found that adorable then they walked back to the field and went in their separate ways.

6