Ch.6
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the end, the woman's idea did not go as plan, her time was wasted because of her childish persona, distracted by the beauty of the garden and the dazzling fountain. Walking out of the beautiful garden she was met by the man she met when she first came here, it made her smile since she was now given a chance to ask his name

"Hey!"

The man looked at her direction and seeing the woman smiling at him like they have known each other for so long mortified him, it was peculiar for him that such a woman like her wasn't afraid of him. Did she by any chance like him? The man blushed at such thought and shook his head for they've only met, but it didn't sound that bad either. If they were to date he'll be a lucky guy, for the woman was gorgeous in his eyes, again the man flushed, he can't seem to stop his mind for thinking such things.

Not noticing that the woman was already in front of him, waving her hands. The man was flushed and she thought that maybe he's sick? So just like any decent person would do, she chose to check and she did. Reaching her hand to his forehead, when her hand made contact with his skin, the man was back into reality. He flinched at the act, her face was so close to his and it made the man's nose to bled, it was too much! He wasn't used for anybody to talk to him let alone come near him but the woman in front of him broke all the rules for she was so close to him, a little bit more and their lips would touch and as a man, he can't help himself but looked at her plump lips

For the second time, the blood in his nose gushed out. When the woman saw this, her eyes went wide, and panicking she grabbed her bleached apron and quickly dab his nose.

"Look straight in my eyes, don't look up or look down okay?"

The man opened his mouth, wanting to say something but nothing came out so he just continued to adore her alluring features. The man did notice her empty crimson eyes but despite that, he still finds her attractive while he was admiring her angelic face, he wondered: what if her eyes show a glimmer or played with many emotions but his wondering ended earlier as he expected

"What happened to you?"

The man blinked at her question, he can't just say to her that ' Oh! My nose bled because of your alluring face' or ' It's because you invaded my personal space' that would just be straight rude, he doesn't want her to hate him. When did he care for her opinion about him? What is happening to him?

"It's nothing."

He mumbled, you may call him a coward or whatsoever but dealing with a woman was harder than he thought, and what's worse is that she's not just any woman, she's gorgeous! So the only solution he could think of was to run away so he did. He sprinted with his red-face, leaving the poor woman with a confused expression.

'What was that about?! Is he scared of him now?'

The woman was frowning, mumbling a few curses, and all the while, the king has witnessed their little chitchat. He did find the woman's confused face, cute but he wasn't happy in their little encounter. It was obvious that the man she was with earlier liked her, it was written all over his tomato face. He didn't know why he was pissed but he was.

With that, he left the window. The woman sighed, she forgot to ask his name, again, what a pain in the ass! Is this a movie that's entitled 'Your name?' or something. Now that she thinks about it, she loved that movie, it was one of her favorites. She always watches that when she's on her vacation leave. The woman shrugged the thought and look down to her bloodied apron then she walked away for she wasn't going to let herself be lost in the cold, it was better for her to return while it's still not dark since she's not that familiar with the place and so she moseyed her little feet and went back inside.

Once she was in the room, it was already dark outside, no one was inside the room so she guessed by now that they're all in the kitchen, probably having some dinner. Her stomach growled at her reasoning, she hadn't eaten the whole day, it's a miracle that she didn't felt weak, maybe it was because she's too distracted on her planning to survive especially after seeing that book. She marched to the kitchen and saw the almost all of them were done, they all gave her a look,s some scared, some disgusted.

Their eyes were following her wherever she goes, all of them were staring at her bloodied apron, thinking all the possible ideas. She knew that probably by tomorrow she'll be called by the head maid, questioning her because of the rumors going around. She rolled her eyes at them and made her way to the stove, took some bread, and some soup then she moseyed to the empty table. Of course, no one dares to sit beside her or in front of her, it's better to be safe than sorry right?

She didn't mind that she was eating alone though, at least she has the table all to her self and no one's faking of being friends with her, she likes to keep it that way than face all their pretends. It's sickening when she's done she washed her plate then went back to the room, ignoring all the eyes.

Everyone has settled on their beds so was she but after hours of trying to fall asleep, she's had enough she carefully moved away from her bed, not wanting to wake the ladies up, she doesn't want any more rumors tomorrow and since she's not very familiar with the palace, the only place that came to mind was the garden and since she can't fall asleep she rather work-out than waste her time staring at the oblivion. Tiptoeing, she heard the wooden floor beneath her creek, she looked behind them, checking if one of them woke up but thankfully no one did.

When she was finally outside, a breath of relief elude from her lips, she moseyed to the hallways, gasping a little when she saw the palace guards walking to her direction, swiftly she hid behind the corner and waited for them to walk away when the coast was clear, she rapidly headed to the garden and saw no palace guards. A smile etched to her lips as her eyes land to the moon that graced the sky, it's warm milky glow welcomed her along with the sequin- silver stars glistening in the uncanny darkness of the night. 

The cold breeze of the late-night greets her lungs, inhaling the fresh breeze and enjoying the stillness in the garden, the beautiful scenery right in front of her eyes, she stretched her arms, swirling like a little kid, joy bounced in her eyes, the moon reflected in her burgundy eyes as it beamed to her hair, the corners of her lips were grinning from ear to ear.

She felt alive like a little kid with no care for the world, laughing she continued to swirl around, laughing at the act, when she felt tired she laid down on the grass, letting it tickle her behind, she let out a sigh of delight, her teeth still visible, her jaws were hurting from all the smiling but the woman couldn't help herself but smile, while laying at the grass, the woman lifts her legs, letting them play through the air. 

When her legs soon became tired she set it back in the grass, once she has set it she began to push her body to the side, letting it roll through the grassy platform. The woman giggled as the grass tickle her face, the woman knew that she was acting childish but for the first time that has been here, this was the only time she felt free and she will not let herself ruin her fun. She closed her eyes letting herself roll until she felt something hit her abdomen.

Her eyes shot open, meeting a pair of golden eyes, she was stunned for a moment, blinking her eyes several times, When the woman came to herself, she quickly stood up, looking down she mumbled

"sh*t."

Though the woman spoke in a pinched voice, the man heard all of it as amusement filled his eyes, chuckling lightly which made the woman's face grimaced for there was no reason for him to laugh, all she knows was that he was probably having some wicked and sickening ideas of him torturing her to death. 

"What are you doing here?"

"I-I-Nothing, Your Highness."

The woman stuttered, she felt the burning gaze of the man in his head and it's making her uncomfortable. Didn't he know that it's rude to stare? He's a king, he was supposed to know that!

"You do know that there's punishment for breaking the rules."

He spoke, his eyes pronounced with amusement and his voice itched with teasing, but the woman was completely insensible to this, she had heard different, she heard the menacing voice that spoke with so much authority, her flesh crawled of the horror she had heard.

The woman's frustration was radiating to him, it was obvious for he saw how she was fidgeting her fingers, the Adonis knew that she did not know about the palace's curfew so taking her distracted mind to his advantage, he holds her chin, forcing her to look at him

"Another punishment for looking at the King."

The woman found it infuriating for she did not do any of it, he was responsible for doing that and now he's saying that she deserved a punishment. What kind b*llsh*t is he spouting?! Just because he's a King doesn't mean he had the right to just torture someone's life. The woman's face bore into his direction, staring right into the king's eyes with her irked expression, she made sure it was visible for she does not find his action humorous.

The King, however, did not get her message for he found her irked expression, adorable. When other maids were found lurking in the palace past the curfew, they've all received the same punishment: to lose a limb for wandering around and not following the rules, he would've done the same when he saw a figure of a woman but seeing the woman, stopped him from doing so.

He had witnessed everything that the woman had done, he was shocked to see that she could show such emotion, how she plays like a child amused him, but her eyes that shimmer with joy, disappeared into thin air when she saw him, it pissed him.

His grip became stronger on the girl's chin as he remembered the scene, the man heard the woman grunt at the grip she felt and hearing this made the man looked at her, wearing the same expression she has. Why was she flooding his senses? It didn't make sense. The man intently scanned her eyes as if searching for some kind of answer to his question but he found none for the woman's eyes were as empty as the dead, how he wanted to see her smile in joy, to see her eyes glimmer, not just because she was happy but...because of him.

If only she had known this would happen. The woman hated the man with all her entire being, he was the reason she couldn't live in peace in that small village, he was the reason she was treated like an animal thrown in the cage for entertainment, he was the reason she was here, he was the reason that she almost died, he was the reason she's going to receive punishment. No words can express her hatred to the man, she will willingly kill him without hesitation but the problem is that she can't so all her hatred went into her words

"I am sorry, Your Majesty. Please spare me."

Swallow up your pride or else you die, in a flick of a finger he can call the guards to take her away and kill her without remorse, she rather beg than die for a second time. Her pride may be crushed but at least she's still living, that's what matters. 

The king, however, did not find her begging great, she was supposed to be different from others, she was supposed to be his so-called entertainment. Where's the fun in that if she acted the same like those other commoners? The man's brows sloped downward, his lips formed into a straight line as he balled his knuckles in vexation, loosening his hold to the woman's chin, he signaled her to go back which she did. He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to calm himself.

The woman sprinted like a rabbit after the minute he signaled her to go, he looked like he'll kill her the minute she does wrong so running was the best thing she has done, after all, she wasn't the protagonist of the story then that's where it clicked. His golden hair, his golden eyes, the arrogant and nonhuman heart. It all made sense now, how he can make her blood runs cold in just his appearance for he's none other than The Bloodthirsty King of the Aurelius Kingdom, Tyrell Ellious De Loughrey 

In all the kingdoms she can land on, she landed on the enemy's base! 

 

1