Chapter 1: Imagination
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Speech"

[Thoughts]

In the ruins of an ancient castle, a giant silver dragon looms over a single warrior clad in gold armour. Its wings relaxed and its eyes calm, as it slowly walks around the gilded warrior. Every breath it takes chills the air around it, ice forming on its metallic scales like crystal armour. Its steps were soft and barely heard, its long tail dragged along as it walks. Its pricing blue eyes glaring at its foe, its body tense ready to pounce at a moment's notice. 

The warrior stands straight, both hands on the handle of their sword. The giant two-handed weapon impaled into the ground, the hole clean with no signs of resistance as the blade pierced the ground. Their bulky golden armour was riddled with dents and scratches, proud signs of years of fighting. Their gilded helmet fully encases their head, with only their ruby red eyes being shown. Their stance is steady yet still filled with energy ready to burst forth when the time arises. 

The warrior lifts their sword and points to the foe. Taunting it to charge at them, telling the scaly beast that they will not be intimidated by their actions. The creature accepting the challenge gave a mighty roar that pushed the warrior back before charging them. The warrior not wanting to be outdone gave their own mighty war cry before charging at the beast. When they were only a few feet away from each other the dragon opened their mouth and let out a frosty brea-.

"HEY FINN!" Yelled a slightly high-pitched irritated voice with the sounds of snapping fingers. "ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION!"

"Huh? Wha- what is it?" Answered a teen as they were thrown out of their imagery world. Rapidly blinking, trying to refocus their eyes on the person who irrupted them right when the fight was at its peak. They were greeted with the sight of a pale teen with a face covered with freckles and short red hair, wearing a plain white short-sleeve shirt. "Oh, sup Jack. What's going on?"

"What's going on?! Well, I figured that I should pull you out of whatever you were imagining, so we can get going. Come one school ended 5 minutes ago." 

"Huh, already?" Finn asked as he looked around, to find that his class was almost empty. With only 2 other students beside Jack and him sticking around. "Oh, sorry I guess I must have zoned out again."  Finn gave an embarrassed smile as he rubbed the back of his neck.

" 'sigh' You're lucky it's a free a period and that your ahead, if you weren't Mr.Angel would have your head." Jack gave a small snicker. "Well, I guess I can't really fault you. I'm done all my work too and I spent the whole class on my phone." Jack stretched his arms as he started to walk out of the class. "Come on, let's go." 

"Yea, yea. I'm coming, let me just get my stuff." Finn answered as he gathered his stuff, and rush to catch up with Jack.

They spent a few minutes chatting about school. Until they entered a fast-food joint, both ordering a large burger and a drink. After paying for their food they started to head home, taking bites out of their food as they go.

"So what was it this time?" Jack asked in between bites of his burger.

"Huh?"

"You know, what got you so lost in your own head this time?"

"Oh, it was the silver dragon one, you know the one fighting the golden knight."

"OOOH! I like that one, so who won this time, the dragon or the warrior?"

"Umm, the battle never finished."

" '?...' Ah! It must have been because I interrupted you, sorry my bad. But it's partly your fault, you really need to find better times to space out."

"Yea, yea, I'm sorry. My mom said the same thing. It seems I'm starting to space out more often and I'm not sure why. Yesterday I spaced out in the middle of the hallway, and my mom said I just stood there for 30 minutes spaced out." Finn said scratching the back of his neck.

"Hmm, that sounds kinda concerning. I knew you for years, and you do tend to space out. But it was never this bad." Jake finished their burger, crumbled the wrapping and stuffed it in their pocket as they continued.  "Nowadays the times you spaced out is occurring more often, hell, I had to stop you from getting run over the other day because you started to space out near the road. "

"Yea, I'm planning to go ask for professional help if it gets too bad," Finn said as he offered the rest of his burger, too full to finish it himself. Jack happily accepted the gift with a wide smile. "Well, this is where we part ways, for now, my'lady." Finn joked as he gave an exaggerated bow.

" Ptth." Jack barely stopped themselves from laughing. "Sheesh, you're lucky we're best buds. Anyone else I would have knocked them out for saying that." Jack sighed. "Well see ya tomorrow." Jack waved as they started to walk home.

Finn turned around and opened the gate of his house, the house was a plain 2 story house with pale peach walls. He walked to the front door. He took his keys out and yelled inside as he entered the house. "I'M HOME!" Just to be greeted with silence.

"HELLO?!" Finn entered the house and went straight to the kitchen, and as he suspected was greeted by the sight of a note on the dinner table. Sitting down, he placed his bag down and read the note.

'Finn, mom and dad will be late because of work, and I had the afternoon shift for work. So can you cook dinner tonight, anything is fine just make sure to be finished by 7. I went shopping before I left this morning so there should be plenty of ingredients to work with. Also please be careful, the last thing we want to be greeted by when we come home is a burnt-down house.

-Love your favourite sister'

" 'AHAHA' Shesh you're lucky you're my only sister." He laughed with a wide grin. "Welp might as well start now so I don't forget." After cooking dinner, Finn got dressed and laid down on his bed. Glancing at the time he saw that it was only 5:30. "Well I have time, I'll do my homework later." 

As he laid on his bed with his eyes closed, Finn lets his mind wander. Before long he is submerged underwater, images of colourful fish fill his mind, swimming around. Large fish chase after swarms of smaller ones, devouring large groups of them. Jellyfish shine as they peacefully float through the water, while large grey sharks devour any prey they can catch, dying the sea around them red.  A bright orange octopus wraps their arms around a large brown coral, pulling it until it starts to fall forward.  

'THUD!!' 

"Wha- Wha- Wha -AH!" Finn screamed as he fell off his bed when he tried to get up. "OW! What the hell was that?" When he opened his eyes the room was spinning, and he could have sworn he saw fish swimming in the air. He rubbed his eyes, and when he opened them again the fishes were gone. He shook his head, [I must be seeing things.]

He looked around for what could have happened, it didn't take long for him to find what startled him out of his imagination. His dark brown nightstand laid there, fallen on its front. He stood up and walked towards it, checking what could have caused it to fall over. 

"That's weird. the legs aren't broken." He lifts it up and placed it back to what it was before. After checking if it will fall again, he opened it up to see if anything was broken. "Hmm, there isn't anything that's heavy enough to cause it to fall over. So what could have happened?" He spent the next 10 minutes checking what could have happened. Before giving up, and deciding to eat his share of dinner. Deciding to figure out what could have happened later.

As he walked out of his room, he missed the sight of an almost transparent orange octopus crawling out of under his bed. It looked at him before it started to fade even more. when he fully closed his door, the sea creature was completely gone, leaving no trace that he was even there.

2