Chapter 2: Not all are in the dark.
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I won't be able to write much because of school, sorry for that. Also, any feedback is appreciated.

"Speech"

[Thoughts]

"FINN WAKE UP OR YOU WILL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" Warned a feminine voice.

Opening his eyes, Finn was greeted by the sight of his alarm clock on his nightstand. After slowly getting up he picked it up, checking why it didn't go off. It didn't take long for him to figure out why. "Really? How did I forget to turn in on."  Mentally facepalming, he got up and started walking downstairs for breakfast.

When he entered the dining area, he saw 3 people already eating. A woman past her thirties wearing a white shirt, a pair of black glasses, and loose sweats. The man who is the same age as the woman is wearing a plaid shirt with brown jeans. The man's eyes are sharp behind his small rim reading glasses, wrinkles cover his freshly shaven face. The youngest at the table is a woman in her early twenty, wearing a plain white shirt with a purple hoodie. Her dark purple rim glasses reflect the screen of her phone, her eyes bored as she read, while she eats. 

"Hey Finn, what took you so long?" Asked the man, while he flips the page of the book he is reading while spooning some eggs into his mouth.

"Sorry pa, I forgot to turn my alarm on," Finn answered while scratching the back of his neck, quickly took a seat he started eating his portion of breakfast.

"Heh, let me guess, you spaced out before bed again?" Snickered the younger woman.

"Come on Ashly, don't make fun of your brother." Berated the older woman as she flicked Ashly's forehead.

"OW, come on mom it's not like I'm wrong. 'Sigh' anyway, Finn hows Jack lately?" Ashely asked while rubbing her forehead, trying her best to not glare at her mother.

Finn ate a spoonful of his breakfast before answering. "Jack is doing fine, but what are you asking? Can't you just text them?"

"Yea I can but that would be rude, and I haven't talked to them lately. So I thought it would be best to ask you first just in case." Ashley stood up and walked to the sink. "So anyway I'm planning to invite them to do some shopping this weekend, do you want to join us, Finn?"

"Ashely I don't that's a good idea, remember last time?" Their mom glanced at Finn remembering how worried she was when Ashely called home saying that she lost Finn.

"That was ONE TIME! Come on mom you make it sound like I'm the absent-minded one, and this time Jack will be with me to look after him. So what do you say, Finn?"

"Sure, just let me know when we are going."

"Perfect! Well, I got to go now, I don't want to be late." Ashely walked through the front door, "Bye mom, dad Love you. Don't get yourself killed Finn. BYE!" A click indicating the locking of the door can be heard afterwards. 

" 'Sigh' that kid sometimes," Finn's dad shook his head before turning to look at his son. " So Fin, have you been experiencing any episodes?"

"Episodes?"

"Spacing out, or seeing things that shouldn't be there?"

"Yea a bit, and I think it's happening more frequently." Finn noticed his father's grip on his book tighten, not sure what that could mean. He thought it would be best just to continue eating.

"Have you ever felt these visions?"

"Felt? I'm not sure what you mean."

"Like these things you been seeing, has it ever felt like you ever physically touched them or have they ever done something to the things around you?"

Finn was about to respond no, but then he remembered what he imagined before his nightstand fell. Not sure if that was what his dad meant, he decided to tell him about the experience anyway.

" 'Sigh' Like I thought." His father whispered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing Finn, it's nothing for you to worry about. You should get going before your late for school."

"Well ok," Finn answered before he got up to get ready for school. When he was out the door and on his way to school he couldn't help but wonder what all those questions were about. "It's probably nothing," Finn finally decided, he nodded as his mind starts to wander. As he got to an intersection. He felt a sudden chill like someone was breathing down his neck.

"You should take a step back." A voice whispered as he felt something pull back the collar of his shirt. The sudden force of the pull, coupled with his confusion from hearing a voice coming out of nowhere. Caused him to lose his balance and fall back onto his butt.

"OW, hey what th-?" Before he could finish someone rushed past him on their bike. He sat there in silence before picking himself up and started dusting the dirt off his clothes. "That was close, I was almost run over. Thanks for the help," when he turned around he found himself alone. "That's weird, where could they have gone? Hmm, well they must have been in a hurry." He glanced at his phone clock, "Well I should hurry up too."  Finn said as he started to run to school, deciding to find the person who helped them later to properly thank them. 

- Back at his house -

" 'sigh' It seems like it's time." Finn's father sank into the seat of the living room.

" Are you sure dear?" 

"Yea, the signs are there, and I bet 'they' already know it too."

"Is there anything we can do?" Finn's mother asked in a quiet voice as she tried to chock back her tears.

"I'm afraid there isn't, we already knew this day will come. I was just hoping that when it does, we could let him go." They stayed there thinking back on all the great moments they had with Finn. However, they couldn't enjoy it for long as the phone next to them started to ring. He could only sigh when he check who was calling them. After taking some deep breaths, he answered.

 

2