Chapter 20: Because You Had A Bad Day…
450 8 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up to my alarm... I still feel drowsy and tries to turn it off.

Sayori: "Hmmm, Haru... turn it off..."

"Sorry, just going to reach it."

Still being half asleep, I try to grab the alarm to turn it off, but I miss.

Sayori: "Hiyaahhhh! Watch where your touching!"

"Sorry Sayori... I feel so sleepy... that feels soft... what did I touch though?"

Sayori: "It's fine... Baka Haru..."

"Ouch!"

Sayori punch me.

"Ohh, it- it was an accident!"

I look at the time. At least we're both up on time. I get out off my bed and extended my arm to stand Sayori up.

Sayori: "Alright! Time to start a brand new day!"

"You look so great right now... something good happen?"

Sayori: "I'm just happy right now, that's all."

She stretches her arms and legs.

"Well, it's nice to see you like this again. Oh, you can use my parents's room, alright? They have a spare shower."

Sayori: "If you peep, you are dead."

"Okay, okay. I got it. I got it."

She exits the room. I shower first and get ready to school. I head downstairs after then head towards the kitchen to make Sayori some breakfast. I made some omelettes and fresh crepes. Sayori is still in the bathroom.

.....

I heard my door bell rang.

"Just a second!"

I head to the door and open it. They were two policemans. Oh, they aren't putting me in jail for having Sayori here... right?

Police: "Is your name.... Ishikawa Haruno?"

"Ah yes. That would be me. Why is it officers?"

Police: "We are here to express our gratitude."

"Ahhh, pardon?"

Police: "Last night, you helped up to catch that murderer. The one you reported last night."

Ohhh. That... Thank God.

"What happened last night, Sir and officer?"

Police: "We caught him right handed. We waited for him to come out of the house. He was carrying a butcher knife with a rope. Use for strangling and cutting up his victims. Luckily, the address you gave us had no person inside. Do you know the whereabouts of the family?"

"Their daughter is with me last night. And her parents are quite not home yet. But they will arrive later to pick her up today."

Police: "We see then. Thank you for your cooperation. That murderer is now behind bars and sentence for life. You can be at peace now."

"No, I thank you... kind officers... please... keep our country safe."

I shake their hands for relief. Finally, that bastard will suffer. Killing him would free him for his evil deeds. Make sure to make him suffer and rot in that jail... forever... I smile to myself... feeling only relieved and somewhat... evil. I should really control myself. I might creep out people or more.

After that, the officers leaved. Finally, Sayori was finish and all dressed up. I fix her bow and her hair... I gently tied up her tie."

Sayori: "Wow, you do know how to cook!"

"Like I said. If you have time, you can learn a lot from the Internet. And YouTube. And because my parents haven't been home lately. So I had some practice.."

And skills from my past life. I used to cook for my family. My Father, that is.

But now that I mention it, when will my parents here will return? Where's the last time I've seen them in my memories?

"And you could say I got bored for ordering food. I had to do something about it."

We started eating and finish up for minutes.

"Wait, I feel like we forgot something..."

Sayori: "The poems? I wrote mine last night, remember?"

I patted her head.

"Good job, Sayori. I'm proud. But at least I have sometime left to write something. Care to wait for me?"

I quickly rush upstairs and grab some paper and pen and bring them to the kitchen table. I work on my poem while Sayori eats another batch. Cute..

.....

There! I think I manage somehow. I just rewrite that extra poem I made last time. I lost it somehow. Oh well. We pack away our things and begin to head out.

"Wait, I can't forget this!"

I grab some food bars from the cabinet, just in case. I learn from my past mistakes.

Sayori: "Let's go already! Haru! We're going to be late!"

"Alright! Let's go, cinnamon bun!"

I feel like today will be a great day. At least for Sayori. For me, not so much...

.....

While walking to school, Sayori's cell phone gets a call... she answers it quickly.

Sayori: "Hello? Mom!? Yes? Yeah! I'm fine. I'm fine. No... He... didn't do anything to me."

She turns around and sticks out her tongue at me.

Sayori: "Picking me up? Why? Doctor's appointment? After class? But, I'm not sick! Okay, okay. I got it. I got it. Got to go now. Mom... I love you!"

I got a text on my phone. It's her mom, saying thanks for staying with Sayori. They're letting me know they will pick her up after class to take her to the hospital to get screened for depression.

Suddenly, determination flows into my heart. I hold Sayori's hand tightly and run to school.

Sayori: "W-wha... whoa! What are you doing?"

We run to school as she gets flustered....

.....

I hope I can help the others soon.....

.....

.....

Well, classes are finished. I rush outside the room quickly to Sayori's class. Her classmates saw me.

Girl 1: "Are you here for Sayori?"

Girl 2: "What are you to Sayori?"

Girl 3: "He must be that guy from the Literature Club. I saw them one time walking home together."

Girl 4: "Are you her boyfriend?"

What's up with this girls? I'll just walked her out. Sayori saw me in the door and rushes to me. But, Sayori's boyfriend sounds nice. But I kinda want a harem. If I am not that greedy.

"Ready to go now?"

Sayori: "Y-yeah..."

I hold her hand and walked Sayori out to her parents. I give her a big hug and kiss on her forehead.

"If you need anything, call me. I'm here for you."

I let her go gently. I see them off. Her parents look normal, but at the same time, they look... weird... maybe.

.....

I head to the Literature Club to see that I am the first one in there. Here.

"Ahh, I wanted to talk to Monika today, but I guess she's still practicing her piano then. I can wait to hear her play though. I bet it sounds nice...."

.....

I was about to doze off. I feel tired for dying and living again in this world. This past few days feels like eternal for me. And extracts a big, heavy toll on my body.

It's not long before Natsuki showed up to me unexpectedly. She looks at me with her eyes. She looks excited though.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry. I kept my promise. I'm sorry I missed you yesterday. But it did give me time to reread it again."

I didn't though. Wink. Wink. Sorry. I pull out the first volume of Parfait Girls out from my bag. Natsuki takes it from my hand and checks for wrinkles. She quickly turns it over more.

"Hey, I'm not that careless. I handle manga all the time, you know. No way, I'm going to mess up someone else's treasure."

Natsuki: "Sorry, just wanted to make sure. Can you blame me for getting paranoid? I don't give my manga to peope everyday, you know?

"That's true. I don't blame you."

Natsuki: "Anyway, let me put this one back. I'm gonna get the next one, okay?"

I follow her to the closet.

Natsuki: "So! You're gonna tell me everything you thought, right? Where did this volume leave off again? I forgot."

"Ahhh, the chapter ended when Minori and Alice found-"

Natsuki: "What the hell! Monika?"

Natsuki's voice resonates and echoes out from inside the closet. I see her books are lined up on the top shelf.

Monika enters the room.

Natsuki: "Monika, did you move this again?!"

Monika: "Sorry, I had to. The teacher got mad at me for taking up so much space in her closet. So I clean it up a little bit. It's all still there. Just organize a bit."

Natsuki manga is in the top shelf. Just above her head. She made a futile hop. She failed many times. She tries to figure out how to reach it.

Natsuki: "Jeez. Everything is so inconvenient. There's plenty of space on these shelves. And besides, they look very pretty to look at when they're all lined up. Why would waste that on the top shelf?"

"Ah, Nats? There's a stool on the wall there. Well, if you want me to, I can reach up there and hand them to you."

Natsuki: "I can get them by myself. You think I'm short, do you?"

"I am thinking that you may need some help. But okay, I won't do anything then. Just call me for help, if you need one."

Natsuki gets the collapsible stool and hops on it. It's quite... wobbling.

"Be careful..."

Natsuki: "I know what I am doing."

She manage to reach the top shelf with her fingertips. Well, if she could just let me... I could reach it for her. But yeah, this is Natsuki.... she manages to scoot one of the smaller boxes to the edge of the shelf. But that cause her to loose balance. She hops off, but the box tips off. She barely catches it though before she falls to the floor.

Natsuki: "Kyaaaa-"

"Hey! You alright?"

She stayed on her feet. Thank Goodness...

Natsuki: "T-there! See?"

She looks shaken up. She almost fall on the floor, that is.

"Hey, you don't need to prove yourself for me. You'll get injured if you tried to get the bigger boxes like that..."

Natsuki: "I said I can do it. I don't want your help."

So persistent. Well, it is her.

Natsuki: "I'll get a chair. Hold your horses."

She forces her way past me out of the closet. She heads to the teacher's table and found chair, but... it has wheels on it.

She then continues to what she was doing earlier. She tries to move the bigger boxes to prove to what I have said earlier. The chair though is dangerous. She might fall real bad. I just kept my mouth shut right now. But, even though she refuses my help... I lean into a wall near the doorway, continued to watch her.

Natsuki: "See? Told you so that I can do it."

The chair wobbles.

Natsuki: "What are you doing? Can you at least hold this chair for me?"

"Well, you are the one who told me not to interfere."

Natsuki: "I know what I said! Just do it!"

Sheesh. Natsuki seems stress. I don't think she's angry at me. There's a reason for it.

......

Oh no. This situation... is very bad. I can....
I can almost see up her skirt! Fuck, I'm dead if she notice. She'll give me a big, almighty push in the face if that happen. She's at fault for not thinking this through though. I look away forcefully. She takes the Parfait Girls box set, the largest box on the shelf.

Natsuki: "Here now, grab this box."

What? I can't look up!? Goddamnit. She's going to kill me.... I decided to chant sutra on my mind.

Natsuki: "Come on, just grab it. It's a bit heavy."

"But I have to let go of the chair... and... you... you'll fall."

Natsuki: "Just for second is fine! Now hurry!"

"Seriously? If you say so... let me just stand up."

Natsuki: "Stand up? What do you mean stand up? Why are you all the way back-"

I let go of the chair gently. But as I did that, she realizes something but she'll lose her balance if she moves.

Natsuki: "Kyaaahhhh! You pervert!"

"Wait! It's not what you think! And hey! You're gonna fall! The box!"

Natsuki: "W-where do you think you're looking at!?"

"It's not like I can look away now! Now give me the box!"

Natsuki: "Y-you're trying to look at my....!"

She starts to shake her legs. Shit, she's going to fall. Think of something. Think of something. I don't care if she call me a pervert. I don't want her to get hurt!

Natsuki: "You pervert! You set me up! Go away! Get out!"

"Natsuki, stop! The box! Just hold it!"

This moment turns into a great catastrophe. The chair flies from under Natsuki's feet.

Natsuki: "I... got you!"

*crash sounds*

I manage to catch Natsuki while she's holding the box. Wow, this looks like that Spiderman Reference. Good job, me. At least we prevented the worst case scenario. Slowly, she comes to her senses. She thought that she have fall. But the damage in my body, is serious. The box is more heavier than Natsuki. I feel hurt at my legs somehow.

Natsuki: "Uhhhhhh..."

"Ghkkkk-"

Ouch. This hurts. Well, not like those times I died though.

Natsuki opens her eyes and realizes that I caught her. But... I just realize something too that I can almost touch her ches-

Natsuki: "Guuuu! Gross! Gross!"

A fist pound into my chest. I- I can't breath.

*cough cough cough*

I put her down gently but I failed, miserably.
That cause a manga on the box to fell on the ground.

Monika: "Is everything alright there? I heard a loud noise.."

Natsuki: "See what you have done, Monika? Not only the new member is a pervert, but you as well are trying to kill the members or something!"

Monika: "I am very sorry, Natsuki. Hehehe."

"Hey! It takes a pervert to know a pervert!"

Natsuki: "I hope you're happy, Monika. For our recent pervert member."

Well, fuck. How am I supposed to explain this super, whole bizarre situation to Monika? It's impossible.

Monika walks up to me and whispers.

Monika: "I know, I know. It's fine, okay?"

She walks away. Looks like I'm off the hook.

Natsuki: "Oh no! My!.....Manga!"

I look down. There's a single manga on the floor. It landed open in a page. She tries to wipe off the crease. But can't. She gives it a slam and closes it.

"Natsuki... I'm sorry. Everything that happened.... was my fault. I was trying to help you... but I...."

She starts to cry.

"Ahh! Natsuki? Are you crying? I'll help get the crease out, okay? It was really my fault. If I just said earlier that I coud have seen her skirt up, the manga could not have been like this."

She shooks her head.

Natsuki: "No, this is not your fault. I don't really care too. It's just that.... I am having a bad day.... I didn't mean to take it out on you. I really didn't mean to....!"

"Shhhh, shhhhh.. it's fine. It's fine."

I gently patted her back while she's sobbing.

"Do you want to talk about it? If you wouldn't mind? I'll listen, okay?"

She shakes her head to me.

Natsuki: "It's just that...... everyday...... is so hard..... I just want to.... come to the club.... and then...."

"I got you. I got you. I'll clean this up in no time, okay? Then, let's read, alright?"

My heart feels like it's going to burst. I need to take more care of her. I manage to fix everything. I clean up the closet and put her manga collection in perfect height. I manage to clean out the crease as well. And after that, a few headpats for Natsuki calms her down, and stops sobbing. We again continued where we left off last time. We both sat on the floor at the same spot last time and I opened up the second volume. Hopefully, this could cheer her up. I think something might happen to her earlier before she got here. Back at her home. And I know she have this abusive father, but like the case of Yuri, if I were to interfere without any progress.... she might get too denial and run away with it. Which it might lead things to a bad end, my bad end.

Then I have to go to use again my power, which activates when I die... still not knowing how many charges or how much usage there is before it runs out. If I got too carried away, I might literally die... and float again to that empty void... full of loneliness... and darkness...

Anyway, now that thought is out of the way... Mine as well enjoy this time with Natsuki. I need to take a break from all of that dying or what not... and just read this manga... I haven't read any proper manga. Well, I have read some... adult... manga... cough, cough. But it's to improper for a guy like me, right? Maybe. Gosh, what am I thinking right now? I must stop right now or else... I might get Natsuki here involved for my lewd thoughts....

......

I am really getting myself addicted to this manga. I guess I really underestimated Natsuki after all. She have a pretty good taste after all.

.....

I notice while we're reading this second volume, Natsuki had cling to me. I guess I am like a body pillow now, huh? A literal body. Sometimes, I wonder what Natsuki's bedroom will look like? Is it filled with Parfait Girl posters and figurines? I have anime posters and figurines back in my world. I did showcase them to my father and my girlfriend that time... only those two like them.

.....

I am so engross about this now when suddenly, Monika calls us out for poem sharing.

"Huh? I guess it's time then..."

I stand up and I help Natsuki get up as well. She's so quiet. But... she looks okay now. I wipe her face for some dry tears. She doesn't mind. Does she do this often? Or maybe I have her approval? She always let me comfort her, sometimes. She did say she had a bad day. And for rejecting my words for "it was my fault" really seems to be stuck in my head. That's the first time I saw Natsuki be a nice girl. Well, yeah. I blame myself because it was my fault really, but to take that back and the one who have done it is Natsuki... I just can't think straight anymore. Really. The Literature Club has problems, including me of course. I just have to go with the flow for now.

"You know the drill, okay? I will hold on to this manga, thank you very much. And hey, I'm really getting into this manga. Thank you for that as well."

Natsuki: "Ehehehehe. Told. You. So."

I saw her give off a big smile. She gives a cute tone while speaking as well. That makes the feeling on my heart so warm. I thought I was going to die because of diabetes. She became wholesome there for a second.

"Yeah, you were right."

.....

I return back to my seat and put the second volume of Parfait Girls into my bag carefully again so it won't get wrinkled.

.....

Monika enters the room.

"Wait, you just got here?

Monika: "I'm super sorry. I always forgot and got late again. I have to cut out of my practice."

Again, ignored. Monika is the one that I don't get afraid but, weirded. She always makes me feel like this events are just scripted. Well, sometimes... it is scripted. Like the policemen earlier, Sayori's parents... or somewhat more. Maybe Monika has powers.... to total control. I'll keep my eye on her always. But right now, it bothers me... Monika isn't Just Monika right now. It's like she's powerless right now.... I shall hold on that thought for now...

15