Prologue
243 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Important: This story is now exclusive to Wattpad under their creative program in this link. Any copy outside of Wattpad is illegal, please help this writer by informing me if you see one. Thank you!

 

 

 

"Do you want to know a secret?" A sultry voice echoed in the darkness.

The lady in the midst of the dark didn't respond as she just sat there like a lifeless porcelain doll. This dream had been recurring since she was a child. Every time she fell asleep, she would be led here.

Sometimes, she would remember but most of the time, she'd forget as soon as she woke up.

"I have raised you and this is how you show gratitude?" The voice came again.

The lady lifted her head. She couldn't find the strength to speak. There was an unknown force pressing down her chest.

"Nevermind, I still wish to share the secret anyway. When you wake up, remember that someone finally looked at you and heard your prayer. Consider this as my good luck gift..."

She couldn't answer.

---

"It's not that his Majesty abandoned us."

Yin Hua Lei stared at her father in horror. What does he mean? Those eyes, she couldn't bear looking at them.

They're supposed to be mad at her. Hate her! Abandon her! But why? Why was there still fondness in his eyes?

"It's us that will never abandon you. So hold your head up. We are the Yin! This is our legacy!" Yin Fangqi said in a dignified tone.

It was raining but that didn't stop the work of the executioner. With the audience taking shelter at the nearby establishments, the execution will continue.

A shrill voice came to read the decree.

"Hear ye! The Duke Yin clan committed the highest crime in the lands! All pieces of evidence convict the Duke of treason, colluding with the Third Prince and the Empress, rebelling against the throne and using her daughter to poison his Majesty. Today, the Duke of Yin shall be executed. The Yin clan shall cease to have their Ducal crest and shall be exiled from the capital. Honor the decree!"

The eunuch's announcement was almost drowned by the endless pounding of rain. But every word pummelled down Yin Hua Lei's heart.

'IT WAS ME! IT WAS ALL ME! WHY ARE THEY GETTING PUNISHED?!'

She wanted to shout but couldn't find her voice. How come her family was dragged down with her? She went limp when the gong was struck.

She couldn't stop it.

Her father, dressed in white prisoner hemp clothes, was being led to the platform. He looked at her one last time and she recalled his words.

Before her very eyes, the blade struck down.

Her voice came out like a ghost's hellish screams, to the point she spat out blood multiple times.  The sin was all committed by her.

Why would her father die because of her?

The Emperor didn't abandon us.

Staring at her father's lifeless body on the platform, she realized what he meant. It was her family who turned their backs on the Emperor because of her! They sacrificed so she wouldn't die.

The people looking at the platform watched the crazed woman shouting 'No' repeatedly.

Why did she act like a victim? She was the one who started this all. When her evil deeds were found out, she still had a heart to wail like a banshee?

Yin Hua Lei needed to be held down by three men. Her hands were bound by a chain but she was still able to fight.

The crowd drew gasps of terror as the former Imperial Daughter Gao Le took down one of the men.

She twisted the chains around his neck and there was a resounding snap.

"Bai Chen Rong, you'll pay for this debt!" She shouted out without fear of her lungs bursting out.

But a palace guard struck his sword at her leg amidst the chaos. Imperial Daughter Gao Le's movements became sluggish.

Crimson liquid stained her clothes.

Under the rain, a couple took their steps towards the platform. They needed to make sure Yin Hua Lei was dead.

From beneath the parasol, a voice came like chiming bells.

"This is justice! It's only natural that you pay for all the sins you committed. Being the villainess of the nation of Xia, this is your punishment."

Lady Yin's eyes were dimming but when she heard her enemy say this, she didn't want to give up.

Villainess?

Yes, she was.

She admitted that she was the villainess to their good love story. A villainess to her own family and to the person she had sworn loyalty since childhood.

But why did her family suffer with her?

Right now, her mother, aunt, sister-in-law, little cousin, and nephew were probably in the Royal Shelter. They would live the rest of their lives as commoners. Not even given the chance to grieve for the pillar of their house.

It was her sin. She was the villainess.

The retribution should be on her and not on them.

Without strength, she also lost the will to fight. She was brought back to her prison cell. It was said that she would be exiled along with the rest of her family tomorrow.

Her father sacrificed himself for her. However, could Bai Chen Rong really let her go?

The answer was obvious when a palace maid delivered a sandalwood box filled to the brim with rich food.

Yin Hua Lei opened the drawer at the bottom. The cup with a sweet blue liquid revealed itself.

She closed her eyes only to see the image of that man carefully holding Bai Chen Rong.

It was all for naught.

The only dream she ever had was to be by that person's side. To be his. To give everything to him. In the end, his eyes were still focused on that woman. Not sparing her a mere glance.

However, she, Yin Hua Lei, was the hidden power he never thought he had.

Without her, who was the ninth prince?

But he never knew. Maybe, this was better.

A sad imperceptible curve graced Yin Hua Lei's lips. With her gone, Ninth Prince, Xia Yu Heng will suffer!

Gulp!

It was as though flames poured down her throat all the way to her stomach and started eating her insides.

After suffering for a good while, darkness claimed her.

And she welcomed the beckoning of hell.

---

So... this is my fate?

 

Hello, I'm Marl! Some might have prolly seen this story in wattpad and webnovel but I decided to rewrite it all. This story is very special bcoz it's the first story I finished. Now, I want to fix loopholes and plot problems so I'm here. Hoping to hear from y'guys~

4