Chapter 24: Daikon Hero
329 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BGM: Autumns Embrace – Peter Gundry

https://youtu.be/zKC0znn_9-Q

 

Miguel stared at the ceiling. Half an hour later, someone entered his room. When he turned his head, he saw Victor who carried a bag. Tony stood at the door.

            “Hey, you’ve gone viral.” Victor grinned.

            “I don’t have a virus.” Miguel’s mind was not yet fully awake. “I lied to my employers to get a day of rest.”

            “No. What I meant was your video became viral. You are now officially known as the daikon hero!” Victor chuckled.

            “What?” Miguel rubbed his eyes and covered a yawn.

            “See for yourself.” Victor tapped a few times. He waited for Miguel to check his cellphone. “Wait, did you put your phone on silent mode?”

            “My phone was left in my workplace.”

            Victor tapped a few buttons and handed his mobile device to Miguel.

            Miguel watch the video. When it ended, his ears turned red in embarrassment. The weapon he used was…

            “Maybe I should post a photo with the real daikon hero. I might earn some dimes from those journalists.” Victor hummed. He liked to tease the boy.

            “The video is blurred. Surely, they must not know me, right? Right?”

            “I don’t know. This is the internet we’re talking about. Once you’re there, your presence will never be erased. They would keep hunting you.” Victor had an evil look in his eyes.

            Miguel groaned. He covered his face.

             “Well don’t worry too much. Your husband will keep the media away from you.” Victor stopped teasing. He changed to his doctor demeanor. “What happened there anyway? Why were you turned into a punching bag? How are you feeling?”

            Miguel made a promise so he only answered the last question. “It hurts when I breath.”

            “Let’s see. Remove your shirt.” Victor sat on the bed.

            Miguel looked at the tall and fit guard who stood beside the closed door. He was uncomfortable showing his thin body. It was one of his insecurities. He had never grown muscles despite carrying heavy loads in the farm back in their village. His papa just said that he was born premature. It must be the reason or it could be his metabolism or something. He got himself checked when he was applied for a job but they didn’t find anything abnormal in him.

            “Come on. I won’t know if I don’t see.”

            At the doctor’s prompt, Miguel finally removed his shirt. He winced when he raised his shirt.

            “Whew! That guy made a minced meat out of you. Look at these purple spots.” Victor whistled upon seeing the bruises. Only a few areas were left fair and healthy. He pressed here and there causing Miguel to hiss and lose his breath.

“Lucky you got no fracture, just bruised ribs.” Victor applied medicine over the bruises and wrapped it up. “You should not exert yourself too much for four to six weeks. And here I came to make you cook, too bad you’re injured. I gotta leave. Call me when you need help. I’m leaving this medicine. Ask your husband to apply it on you. It should be applied twice. Once in the morning and another before bed time for two weeks. No more, no less.”

Victor left the tube of cream on the bedside table with a prescription.

Miguel thanked the doctor then laid back on the bed. The medicine soothed his pain. In a few minutes, he was completely knocked out.

When the doctor left, Tony sent his full report to the chief. Tony felt a sense of guilt after seeing the bruises on his ward’s small body.

             It wasn’t the chief who replied but the boss himself. He was told to make sure that the boy was well rested and well-fed. His ward was not allowed to go out.

            Miguel was awakened by Lucia for a late breakfast around 10 am. She also brought him lunch at noon. Miguel continued to sleep from afternoon until evening. After sleeping all day, Miguel felt that his body could now move.  He was still in pain but he was better. Miguel laid out his new pajamas on the bed. Then, he went to the bathroom to clean up. He soaked in the bath tub for about half an hour. The warm water helped sooth his aching body.

After rinsing, he wrapped a towel around his waist. Another towel was draped over his shoulders. His head was towards the floor when he dried his hair. His bare feet padded towards the bed to retrieve his clothes. His leg stumbled onto something and he suddenly lost his balance. During the disaster, the towel fell off his waist. As if that was not embarrassing enough, he did not land on the floor but he found himself lying on Mr. Kingsley’s lap, with his butt cheeks exposed.

Miguel hurried to get off but he was unable to stand. His ribs that was in pain became even more painful. He shrieked when he felt a large warm hand over his cold butt and inside his thigh. It was close to brushing his manhood.

“Stop squirming.” Henry gritted his teeth. The boy kept moving on his lap. He pressed his palm firmly over the smooth supple flesh. The boy’s constant squirming caused a tent in his pants.

Miguel felt something poke his hips. He immediately ceased his struggle and became flushed with embarrassment. Mr. Kingsley’s hands remained on his butt cheeks and thigh. A few minutes passed and he felt himself being lifted. The next thing he knew he was dumped unceremoniously facing down on the bed. “Oomph!” His breath was knocked off his lungs.

A blanket covered his lower part but his back was exposed. Miguel shivered.

            “What are you-” Miguel’s eyes widened in surprise. A large warm hand filled with gel glided smoothly on his back. The minty scent of the medicine filled Miguel’s nose. A couple of minutes later, the hand was gone and the tube of medicine dumped beside his head.

            “Do you need help for the front?” Henry’s voice became hoarse.

            “No need!” Miguel wished that Mr. Kingsley would leave. He could feel the heat engulf his ears.

            “Suit yourself.” Henry lifted himself from the bed and walked out of the room.

            Miguel hid his face with his hands but his ears could not hide how embarrassed he was. When he finally calmed down, he applied the medicine over his rib cage carelessly. He missed a few spots but he was more concerned about donning his clothes quickly. He had never felt so naked before. He donned a jacket over his sweater. He also wore socks. All in all, he had three layers of clothing on his body. That night, he endured the heat from being covered by the many layers of cloth. The following morning, he woke up wet and sticky due to sweating too much.

            On the other hand, Henry stood under a cold shower for half an hour until the hardness between his legs went limp.

7