Chapter 25: Just a little more
533 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What do you mean I am not allowed to go out?” Miguel was confused.  He was dressed up and ready for his part time work for the week end.

            The bruises on his torso were extensive. He was unable to put ice on it immediately thus the blood seeped further into the surrounding tissue. His ribs were badly bruised but he pushed himself to get up and go to work for Saturday just so that he would earn something even if it was a small amount. He had been absent his two jobs yesterday. He couldn’t bare to be absent today.

            “I’m sorry. It’s an order from the boss.” Tony blocked the main door.

            “He cannot just order me to stay here. I’ve got work to do. I have to earn a living.” Miguel became livid when he knew who gave the orders.  

            Tony’s cellphone rang. A few moments ago, he reported to his boss about his ward insisting to report to work. He answered the call and listened to instruction while keeping an eye on his distressed ward. Then extended his cellphone towards Miguel. “Boss wants to talk to you.”

            Miguel took the mobile device begrudgingly.

            “Behave and listen to Tony.” A deep voice came from the speaker.

             Miguel quivered for a bit and then he recalled the reason why he had been mad. “You cannot do this to me, Mr. Kingsley. You said we should mind our own business. You are violating the contract.”

            “If you were so smart then you should also remember that part where you have to follow my orders.” Henry said coolly.

            “That’s not fair! You get to work while I don’t. Mr. Kingsley, I have to make a living.” If he was not hurt, he would have stomped his foot on the ground.

            “You will not go to work for six weeks.” Henry scanned the document and turned to the next page.

            “Six weeks?!” Miguel exclaimed.

            “I’ll make it longer the more you complain.” Finding the proposal satisfactory, Henry placed his signature and handed the file to Andre.

            “Six weeks? My employers won’t accept that. You are going to get me fired. Please Mr. Kingsley, I will follow whatever you say, just don’t interfere with my job.” Miguel cried.

            “Four weeks.” Henry smirked. He was enjoying the boy’s distressed voice. “Stay in the villa and wait for my orders. Don’t worry about your work. Andre will take care of it. Don’t make trouble for Tony.”

            “Mr. Kingsley! Mr. Kingsley, Sir.” Miguel tried to plead again but the phone call was already dropped. He redialed the number but it was blocked.

What was he going to do in the villa for four weeks? Marcy will worry about him. The pupils will miss him. Ms. Glinda will become hot headed if no one will make her perfect blend of coffee for the afternoon break. The higher ups will think he was being lazy. It would not reflect well in his performance evaluation. He was being diligent in his work with hopes of getting a high appraisal but then the domineering man comes and destroys his good record. How could he ever accept this?!

Miguel handed the mobile device back to Tony.

            Tony looked at his ward’s sullen state. There was nothing he could do. He had orders to follow. “Sir, I’ll lead you to your room to recuperate.”

            Tony stood behind him as he climbed the stairs. Miguel gritted his teeth whenever he took a step. “Tony…” He stopped midway.

            Tony became alert. He was ready to carry his ward if he was unable to walk any further. But the words from his ward were different from what he expected.

            “Can you please teach me how to fight? Or become stronger at least?” Miguel looked behind his shoulders to see his guard’s reaction.

            Tony thought about it. Teaching someone was no problem for him. But when it came to his ward, a certain person can only make a decision. “I will inform the boss.”

            “Why do you have to tell him that? He does not control my life.” Miguel’s lips were pressed in a thin line.

            But he controls mine, Tony thought in his mind. “Because he is the one who signs my paycheck.”

            “That…” Miguel looked down. Who was he to interfere with another person’s job? He was a nobody. Miguel remained silent and continued to climb the stairs. He changed his clothes and then laid back on the bed. The rest of the day was uneventful. Without his cellphone, he became bored. The meals were delivered in his room since it was still difficult for him to go up and down the stairs.

            Late in the evening he remained awake. He slept for almost the whole day. When evening came, he sat beside the window and admired the full moon outside. It was so peaceful. Suddenly, the door was opened and a domineering man entered the room.

            “Why are you still awake?” Henry’s masculine voice filled the quiet space.

            Miguel turned his gaze away from him and continued to stare at the moon. “I’m not sleepy.”

            “Did you apply the medicine yet?”

            Miguel shook his head. “No.”

            “Come here.” Henry picked the topical medicine for treatment of inflammation and swelling.

             “I can do it myself.” Miguel mumbled.

            Henry narrowed his eyes. He did not like repeating himself. Once he made an order, he expected it to be followed. This small young man was testing his patience, again. “Come here or I will not return your cell phone.”

            Miguel turned around. He was excited. He was so bored during the day without his phone. He missed chatting with Marian and Victor. “You have my phone? Please give it back.”

            Henry gave him a look.

            Miguel bit his cheeks causing his dimples to appear. He stood up from his perch and slowly his naked feet padded on the thick carpet.

            “Sit down. Roll your shirt up.” Henry’s voice carried a timbre that tantalized the ears.

            Miguel took a deep breath. He complied obediently but his mind was full of complaints.

            Henry squeezed the gel on his palm and rubbed it on the soft skin. One hand of his was enough to cover the young man’s lower back.  “Turn around.”

            “No!” Miguel was alarmed.

            Henry frowned. His patience was wearing thin. He was tempted to bend the boy on his knees and slap his butt to teach him a lesson. “You asked Tony to train you to become stronger, didn’t you?”

            Miguel clenched his shirt. “Yes.”

            “Then turn over. I have to see the extent of your injury. Only then will I decide if I will allow Tony to train you.”

            Miguel reluctantly turned over but he covered his chest with his shirt. He felt the tyrant’s eyes roam on his body. “What -” He slapped Mr. Kinsley’s perverted hand away when a finger brushed his nipple.

            “Aren’t you thinking too much? Don’t think that I will ever be interested with your scrawny body!”

            Miguel felt ashamed. He bit his lips to keep from saying a bad thing.

Seeing as the boy became docile, Henry continued to apply the medicine. Then he wrapped it up.

All throughout the procedure, Miguel closed his eyes to control himself. He quivered whenever Mr. Kingsley’s fingers touched his skin. How come it was taking so long?

            “Is it done?” He asked impatiently.

            “Not yet. Just a little more.” Henry smirked. The boy squirmed under his touch and his ears turned a dark shade of pink. Henry didn’t care if it was due to anger or embarrassment. He just liked to see the boy to suffer. This was punishment for testing his patience. That night he deliberately took longer to wrap the bandage.

9