Arc II – Chapter 34: Illianna’s Skills
1.6k 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Sian woke up the next day, as everyone was still asleep, he looked at the cute little girl who was sleeping on top of him. Aside from the fact that he woke up in the middle of the night because she was peeing in his belly while sleeping, it was a quiet and pleasant night.

'She must have done it because of the large amount of juice she took, I need to be more attentive to what I give her before going to bed.'

Putting his hand in her wavy hair, he stroked it as he looked at her cute little face. Even if she peed him, there was no way to be mad at a child for it. Not long after, Illianna woke up, so he went downstairs with her and went to the land he had bought while Ophilia, who had also woken up, stayed with Emily, and would go to where they were later.

As they had left early on the inn, before leaving, Sian told to the receptionist that if Tina appeared there, to tell her to go to the river where she had met him before.

***

On the land, not long after they arrived, Sian had just lost an argument he had with Illianna, who by the power of stubbornness, convinced him to do the building of clay instead of stone.

Taking a long breath, Sian said. "Then at least tell me how your skills work, otherwise there's no way I can rest easy knowing that the inn is going to be built of stiffened clay. What you had told me before was very superficial, or rather, you pretty much just said the names."

Pondering a little, she said. "Before, I couldn’t tell anyone the fact that I had met with the yellow shadow or about what she said to me. I had signed a contract before I reincarnated, so just thinking about talking to someone, I would temporarily forget about it and would only remember it later."

"You mean that normally what you could tell me would be limited?" Sian asked.

"That's right." She replied. "But yesterday, I had the feeling that I could tell you, so I thought about telling, and proving that my feeling was correct, it did not prevent me."

"What does that mean?"

"Maybe a mistake in the contract, I do not know." She shrugged. "At that moment, I could only suppose it was because of me being your slave. So taking advantage of that I was with Emily yesterday, I thought about telling her, and to my surprise, the contract did not come into force. "

"Does that mean that the contract you made with the yellow shadow does not exist anymore?"

"Wrong, I thought about telling another orphanage child and I could not. But last night when we were changing clothes, I also thought about telling Ophilia and the contract did not react."

Confused, Sian asked. "Are you meaning that you can only tell me, Emily and Ophilia?"

"After a few tests, I came to that conclusion." Illianna affirmed.

"That's definitely weird." Sian put his hand on his chin, trying to understand why this happened. "Maybe both contracts, the one of the yellow shadow and the slavery have come into conflict and so you can tell them two since they are close to me."

"This assumption is absurd, after all, this would be the same as saying that the contract that a mortal made interfered with that of a God. Besides, I think the fact they're close to you doesn't have any influence, to be more precise, that doesn't make any sense."

"I also think this is an absurd assumption, but you have a better idea?" Seeing that she had no intention of answering, he continued. "Well, I guess it does not matter, so how about telling me more about your skills?"

"All right." She sighed. "First, I don't have only two skills, the shadow also gave me something called System. It helps me strengthen, monitor, and analyze more efficiently myself and my skills."

"What do you mean by analyzing and monitoring?" Sian got confused. "Does it allow you to analyze and create spells?"

“No.” She shook her head in denial. "It tells me my level, the level of my skills, how much is missing to the next level and also with which elements I have affinity."

“It seems quite useful.” With a brief pause, he continued. "I kind of can imagine how the level of a skill would be classified, but what exactly defines your level?"

"That's simple, my level is like a general average of all my quantified power in the form of a number."

"From what I'm feeling, this level seems to be pretty low."  Without missing the chance to mock her, Sian continued. "That does not fit with someone as perfect as you."

“Humph.” Apparently dissatisfied, she said. "It's just a matter of time, I just haven't had the opportunity to strengthen myself properly. But soon you will see my potential flourishing."

"While this moment does not come, how about explaining to me how you get stronger with this system? It looks interesting."

With a disgruntled face, she said. "When I kill a monster, the system absorbs and stores the magical essence that they release when they die. From there, I can choose where I will assign this essence to strengthen myself."

"By assign, you mean you can choose where to invest the essence?" Noting something, Sian immediately asked. "Wait, by essence you say the purest and most refined form of magic?"

"Exactly." Looking at his incredulous face seemed to have made Illianna gain more spirits when she responded with a dazzling smile. "I can choose between strength, speed, endurance, vitality and magic."

"This looks incredible!" Sian got surprised. "In that case, you just need to go around killing monsters to get strong."

"That's not how it works. The essence released by monsters is minimal, so this is a time-consuming process to strengthen."

"Hmmm..." Thinking a little, Sian said. "Somehow, it looks like the way dragons get stronger."

"Do they collect magical essence in the same way as the system?" Illianna asked.

"No, there's a slight difference." Sian said. "They can only absorb the magical essence of the environment. Although they can do this even while they sleep, the amount they absorb is very little or point of being almost nothing, and so it takes a long time to strengthen. Unlike their way, this system seems more efficient, since you just need to kill monsters."

"It's easier said than done." She said with an annoyed tone.

"And the levels of skills?"

"The level of skills will increase according to the knowledge and domain of the user about it." Illianna said. "That is, the more I use a skill, the stronger it becomes."

"This is nothing different from normal, of course every time I use a skill I will get better with it." Sian said disappointed. "I thought it was also possible to use the essence to strengthen them."

"Even if it doesn't differ from normal, now that I can see the progress, it makes it easier and also motivates me." She gave a triumphant smile. "Besides, the system won't let me forget a learned skill. Even if I go years without using it, when I use it again, it will still be as before."

"Now it looks a little better, and your two skills?"

"It's a bit tricky to explain, but each of them has some sub-skills that potentiate them. For example, the Management skill, it makes it simpler for me to understand the place where I am in charge. So I can manage it more efficiently, doing things like maintaining synergy between a group of people and having better control over their structure. It also helps me have better control of the available resources."

"That seems to be an interesting skill."

"Of course it is." Illianna said proudly. "But that's not all, I can find out if someone under my management is being dishonest, working inefficiently or if they're doing a good job. Unfortunately, because the skill is low level, what I can do is still limited."

Her words made Sian skeptical. "Do you mean that such a wonderful skill still has auxiliary skills?"

"There's no way I can have a unique skill if it wasn't that good." She answered presumptuously.

"Ok ok, enough to fill your own ego, just keep going."

"If you hadn't interrupted me, I would have continued." She said. "The Management skill has 5 sub-skills. The first is Map, and as the name says, it's a map, but it's generated by mapping the area around me.

The second is Unit Management, allows me to teleport subordinates and objects under my jurisdiction to anywhere that is mapped.

The third is Manager Resources, As long as it is within the mapped area, it is possible to choose the type of seeds most suitable for the plantation and encourage the personnel under my command."

"Well, not that I'm complaining, but I believe this is going beyond a simple skill." Sian said.

"Of course it's not a simple skill, it's a unique skill, which means it's only mine and I have the feeling that it will get even better."

She said presumably before continuing.

"The fourth sub-skill is Search, and as the name already says, I can search for whatever I want as long as I know what it is and it's within an area I've mapped."

"This is already going far beyond what I expected..." Sian said.

With an even prouder face, she continued. "The fifth sub-skill is Status, it allows me to see the status of people and monsters the way I see mine as long as they're in a mapped place."

"That's an interesting skill, you mean you can see people's strength in the form of levels?"

"Exactly."

"What's my level?"

"You don't need to know."

"You can't see, can you?" It was Sian's turn to smile triumphantly. "I'm sure all these skills depend on your own personal strength and because I'm very strong, the difference between us is too big even for this cheating skill to be able to tell."

"You're more perceptive than I expected." She said.

"Well, it's not like that's hard to guess." Sian shrugged. "Judging according to your Management skill, your Create Objects skill should also be pretty cheating, and as the name says, you can create any object, right?"

"Almost that." Illianna replied. "The things I can create should be something that I have knowledge about, this is necessary for me to be able to make a good mental projection. Passing this step, I need the necessary material, although it is possible to create without the material, this requires several times more magic."

"Does that mean you have a limit to the things you can create?"

"Yes, but this is solved with the help of the sub-skill Design." She said proudly. "With it, as long as I have a basic idea of what I want, I can create a technical drawing."

Tired of being surprised, Sian asked. "Is there more?"

"The last sub-skill is Analyze, with it I can analyze any object within my field of view."

"Well, that last one was simpler than I expected..."

Since I am swamped with work at college and exams are coming up, I will probably spend a week or two without posting.

35