Arc II – Chapter 36: I’m the master of work and you’re the worker
1.2k 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Remaining still even after the spell was complete, Illianna directed a look of suspicion at Sian. "What exactly did you do?"

"I created a bond of magic between us and used space magic to camouflage and create two mini portals so that magic can flow smoothly even if we are distant." He continued with a provocative smile. "But as you are too weak, I took longer than expected because I needed to adjust the amount that would flow to you, otherwise you could lose the ability to use magic."

"I'd like you to let me know before you do something so dangerous."

"It was nothing to worry about, even without cheating skills like yours, I'm still quite capable." He shrugged.

When Illianna seemed to be about to say something, a blue light with small white particles enveloped her and gradually became brighter.

Due to his newly acquired connection with Illianna, even without having to examine her carefully, Sian realized that a tiny change had occurred. Even if it was just a little bit, she had gotten stronger, and it seemed like this change wouldn't stop there.

As she shone that way, she looked even more stunning, it was like a divine figure, with every inch of her body being exalted with the resplendent aura that enveloped her.

A few seconds later, the glow ceased and with how happy Illianna seemed to be, Sian was sure that something good had happened besides the power improvement.

"What happened?" He asked.

"The moment the bond passed your mana to me, it directly strengthened the mana in my body." Almost floating with happiness, she continued. "And it has not yet been the end, even if slowly, the system shows that the lack less and less to the next level!"

"How many levels have you gone up?" Sian asked.

"Two and in a few minutes I will rise again." She replied.

"That seems to be very little."

"I'm sure if you were in my shoes you wouldn't say that." She complained. "When I recovered my memories, I was 6 years old and from that point until now it has been 13 years. During that time, I only managed to get to level 9, and after 3 years in it, I reached only 80% of what I needed to go to level 10. This was a considerably longer period than the time required for previous levels."

"Why was it like that?" Sian asked.

Putting her hand on her chin, she said. "Previously, my hypothesis was that there was some sort of bottleneck needed to be overcome before reaching level 10. And at the end of the day, it turned out that I was right, after a got to level 10, almost immediately, I went to 11, and now I'm almost at 12."

"So that glow was because you went through the bottleneck?"

"Yes, but that's not all." She continued with a radiant expression. "Passing this bottleneck allowed my unique skills that had also stagnated to level up again."

Equally happy, perhaps more than Illianna herself, Sian asked. "Now you can create rare ores?"

"No, it's not as easy as you think it is."

Her response made Sian's smile break to pieces instantly.

Perhaps because she realized the sudden change in Sian's expression, Illianna seemed outraged. "Why do you want these ores so badly?"

"To create more pots, I still don't have enough." Sian said, a little unhappy.

"I'll pretend I did not hear what you just said." She said, looking even more outraged.

"Stopping to think, what exactly is this evil you need to face? Although your skills are extremely strong, they have virtually no use in a direct fight."

"The shadow didn't say I would fight, it was 'help to fight', if it's to provide support, my skills will be very helpful."

"It makes sense." Sian nodded before continuing. "Do all reincarnated people gain skills like this?"

"It's not as if everyone's skills are as good as mine. The shadow said that they generated these skills using my characteristics and knowledge."

"What did you do before you reincarnated to gain such good skills?"

"The Management skill was probably due to me having done a business faculty, some specializations in the field, a MBA and a doctorate."

"Hmm, I don't know what this thing of specialization and doctorate is, but they seem impressive by name." Sian said.

"Of course they are!" For Sian's words, Illianna immediately put on a proud and smug expression. "Besides, I also had several companies and was considered the richest woman in the world, which made me gain a vast experience in the area. Adding all this, there was no way my unique skill could be simple."

Rolling his eyes, Sian asked. "So, what did you do to get the other one?"

"Following the same line of thought, Create Objects is because I have made a mechanical engineering faculty."

"That sounds very simple..."

"Of course it's not simple." She strongly denied it. "This is a branch of engineering that involves the design and production of machines and tools, all without the use of magic."

"Then, mechanical engineer is a beautiful name for a blacksmith?"

"Don't compare something so primitive with engineering, even though it has similar principles, engineering goes much further. It applies the principles of physics and the composition of materials to the design, analysis, manufacture and maintenance of mechanical systems."

"It still looks the same, but explained beautifully."

"That's where you're wrong." She said before she continues proudly. "Mechanical engineering requires an understanding of several basic concepts that you wouldn't understand, such as mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, and electricity. Using these fundamental principles, we can design equipment, industrial machinery, heating and cooling systems, aircraft, automobiles, vessels, robotics, medical devices, weapons-"

Sealing Illianna’s lips with his index finger, Sian said. "I would appreciate it if you can summarize."

With a disgruntled look, she pushed away Sian's hand. "Anyway, we have endless possibilities with mechanical engineering."

"Whatever, even if you make it sound amazing, currently you can't do a lot of things with that skill."

"It may not be so strong at the moment because of my personal strength, but now that I'm no longer imprisoned by my father, I can finally train magic without having to hide. That was one of the reasons my level was so low despite so long."

"Well, anyway, as long as you show me results, I don't care what you do. If it's satisfactory, I'll even pay a good salary and free you from slavery- Wait!" Suddenly, Sian noticed something. "Couldn't you train magic? Does that mean that the whole thing about leaving a message for Ophilia was a lie?"

"Who knows?" Facing Sian's question, she remained quiet with a triumphant smile on her face.

Containing his desire to slap that smiling face, Sian looked up at the sky.

'My dear Goddess Zenobia, since you sent her, also give me wisdom and patience so I don't twist her neck here and now.'

"My skill still shows you as a friendly unit. It seems that my skills are very attractive for you to get rid of me." She said presumptuously.

Pushing all his pernicious thoughts, Sian inspired deeply and then sighed.

'Well, I'm not stupid enough to kill someone with such valuable skills because of a small discussion. I need to get along with her for the good of my pots.'

"Anyway," Sian raised his thumb for her, "despite having a questionable sanity, you are quite competent."

"I'm perfectly sane." She protested.

Ignoring her, he continued. "And now, where do you intend to start? Leave the terrain a little more flat, take out these stones, clear the bush or pluck the trees?"

"I intend to take advantage of the land." Pointing to a bunch of rocks, she continued. "I'll make use of those stones to create a thermal bath. Although we need to take all the bush and replace it with grass, some of the trees we can take advantage of to ornament the environment."

"For a thermal bath, isn't it necessary that there be a thermal aquifer under the ground?" Sian asked, confused.

"Yes, and there is one here, I found with my Search skill." She replied.

"That's great!" Sian said excitedly. "But why not just take out all the stones and do something beautiful?"

"I'm going to do a rustic ornamentation using the stones."

"All right, in that case, I'll let you work." Sian said, getting ready to leave.

"Where are you going?" Illianna got in front of him.

"I'll see Ophilia and Emily."

"I'll need you to clean the place and do the heavy job."

"Didn't you say I could let the construction part to you?" Sian asked, confused.

“Yeah, I said it.” She put one hand on her chest and pointed at Sian with the other. "But I am the master of work and you are the worker."

35