Arc II – Chapter 57: Someone Wants to Die
776 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you trying to kill me from overwork?" Sian cast a dissatisfied glance at Illianna. "Just yesterday we worked until night, and today we came in much earlier than normal."

"Don't be a whiny, I know you didn't even get tired yesterday, you're just lazy," Illianna retorted.

"I hope this unnecessarily large hotel is worth it, otherwise I'll make you pay for all the trouble I had until now."

Sian's dissatisfaction came from the fact that Illianna decided to increase the pace and amount of work they did. That in itself would be a good thing, but the problem was that with each passing day, the speed at which Illianna could get things done only increased. Because of that, Sian no longer had time to idle as he liked

"Just believe me and go get the breakfast ready, the girls are coming."

Illianna pointed to Ophilia and Emily, who were coming in the distance.

"That seems weird..." Sian muttered as he walked towards them.

Sian's suspicion came from the fact that normally Emily likes to walk, but now she was in Ophilia's arms with her head resting on her shoulder.

Meeting them, Sian saw that Emily's eyes were red, as if she had just cried.

"What happened?" He asked in concern.

While Ophilia seemed hesitant to speak, Emily said in a sad, unsteady voice.

"A man called me a filthy animal."

"What?!" Fury immediately began to grow within Sian. "Where did that happen?"

Anticipating his intentions, Ophilia added, "It was my fault, I let her run and in an oversight, she bumped into a man."

"I don't care about that!" Sian growled angrily. "Tell me where this guy is, I'll break his neck!"

"Wait, you don't have to do that, it was just a little misunderstanding."

With a worried countenance, Ophilia held Sian's arm with one hand while holding Emily with the other.

"I don't care!" Sian tried to free himself from Ophilia's grip, but since she was holding tightly, he didn't want to get free by force, for fear of hurting her.

"Don't be so explosive."

Suddenly, a closed hand fell hard on Sian's head. Turning around, he saw illianna staring at him with a serious look.

"Don't act rashly, do you think that person will still be in the same place waiting for you to go beat him up?"

"I'll find it even if I have to turn this town upside down and put everything in the ground!" Sian shouted as his fury grew greater and greater.

"If you want to do this, then go ahead, but before you do, look at your daughter." Illianna pointed at Emily, "You acting like this is only scaring her, you need to learn to control your anger."

Looking at Emily, Sian noticed that she was with her little arms tucked tightly around the doll on her chest. Looking up at Sian, her eyes were accumulating tears.

Not wanting to be the one to blame for making her cry again, Sian tried to calm himself down and began to take deep breaths.

"Okay, I'll put that aside for now."

Approaching Ophilia, Sian looked directly into her brown eyes and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Even though it was sudden, I love you, I want to be together with you for the rest of our lives. That's why I hope you understand that I will protect you no matter what it takes, even if it goes against your principles. I also expect you to tell me when something happens, understand?"

"I understand," Ophilia nodded compassionately.

"I love my little princess too." Looking at Emily, Sian took her in his arms and kissed her cheeks. "That's why I hope that when something bad happens, you should tell Daddy, understand?"

Nodding her head, she asked sadly, "Why was he so mean to me?"

"Because he's an idiot, but don't worry, Daddy will do something about it."

Returning her to Ophilia, Sian began to inquire about the appearance of the person and where it happened.

***

With the information he needed, Sian instructed them to go to the table before him and walked over to the 3 guys.

"Hey, Bardock, John and Carl, it's time for you to atone for your sins," Sian said.

"What do you need, master?" Bardock asked while looking down.

"As the worthless prejudiced bastards that you guys are, I need you to find someone of the same ilk as you."

Sian then began to describe the characteristics he heard from Ophilia.

"He is a large, muscular man wearing an iron breastplate and leather armbands with iron. He's blond and has a small scar on his nose, maybe he's still near the inn."

"No matter how, find that guy and find out who he is. Tell him to show up here later today or I'll personally go get his life." Remembering something, Sian added. "In case he refuses, tear off a piece of him and bring it to me."

"O-one piece?" Bardock asked apprehensively.

"Yes, whether it's a finger, hair or fingernail, whatever the body part. What matters is that you bring a piece of him, so even if he runs away, I can find him," Sian said. "I'm not a benevolent person, so you guys better find this guy, got it?"

"Yes, we understand!" The 3 of them replied in unison and hurriedly left.

As he could only wait for the moment, Sian went to prepare breakfast and soon after, he started the lesson about magic. After a more detailed explanation of the spells, he handed a training scroll that will help to better control magic to Tina and another one to Illianna.

Although Emily wanted one too, since she's still very young and her receptacle was newly repaired, Sian convinced her to wait a little longer,so she could start training.

***

"Those golems are magnificent." Illianna looked at the clay creatures that were efficiently cleaning the entire place. "I wonder what the elves would think if they found out that in addition to succeeding to steal their research, you managed to improve it."

"In case it happens, I just need to deny it to death." Sian shrugged. "Besides, aren't you working faster and faster? I can barely keep a head start on you."

"Although my skill isn't leveling up fast, when it comes to repetitive tasks, it gets more and more efficient."

"I've been wondering recently if your non-combat oriented skills are already so excellent, how good would the attack-oriented ones be?"

"It's hard to say, but I think they would be extraordinary," Illianna said as she looked at the gate. "I believe you realize it already, but Charlotte is on her way here."

"There’s no way I won’t notice it," Sian said. "That butler who's always with her, even if he hides his own strength, he still stands out quite a bit."

"I wonder why someone so strong is just a butler," Illianna looked puzzled. "Even if I can't gauge his level, the feeling he gives off is stronger than my father's, but weaker than you."

"Who knows," Sian was indifferent. "Everyone has their own circumstances. But I'm curious, how did you detect them?

"My skill," she replied. "I was monitoring Ophilia and Emily's way back just in case something happen. But by coincidence, they ran into Charlotte on the way."

"Although I'm monitoring them as well, normally, that shouldn't be possible for someone weak like you." Sian looked at her enviously, "What a convenient skill..."

Since Charlotte was almost here, they decided to wait for her at the table under the tree while they prepared tea and some snacks.

Not long after, they spotted a young woman with long pink hair, she was wearing a simple yet elegant dress. And as always, her butler was wearing a standard butler's outfit was by her side.

After greeting each other properly, the news Charlotte brought left Sian awestruck.

27