Arc II – Intermission 9: Writing a letter
707 0 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, brother, how have you been?

Although it has been a while, it is me, Barloc or simply Bardock, as my master calls me. When I say master, I am referring to my master.

That is exactly what you must have understood, I have become a slave.

You may be wondering why a slave who should have no right to anything is writing a letter, but the answer is simple. Apparently, my master does not care if his slaves have belongings.

Back to the main topic, I know that in all my 23 years of life, I have not been a good younger brother due to my stubbornness to inherit our father's business. I apologize for that, I should have followed our mother's advice and worked together with you. But now that everything has happened, there is no point in ruminating on the past anymore.

By the way, don't misunderstand, I am not asking for help, I believe there is no one in our kingdom who can give me back my freedom.

I am sending this letter to let you know that Solaris is about to have a commercial boom, this came from the mouth of the Marquis Rotherham's daughter, so it must be true.

Moreover, I have seen with my own eyes that the flow of merchants is different. Before, they only came here in passing, but now, there are some who are staying here for a few days.

The number of buildings is increasing significantly. Even the flow of peasants seems greater.

As you are someone who is smart, I know you will know well how to take advantage of this opportunity. Anyway, that was all the important things I had to say about the business opportunity.

Now then, I know you must be curious about what happened for me to become a slave, so I will give you a short summary of events since I left home.

As you know, I went out with my mind set on becoming a mercenary. To succeed with my goal, one of the best places to gain fame was on the border with Edrorian, so I went in that direction.

When I arrived in Solaris, luck seemed to be on my side and I ended up meeting the son of Baron Peris. He recognized my potential and hired me along with Taron and Castor who came with me.

By the way, their names are now John and Carl.

Anyway, as I was saying, Baron Peris' son was so pleased with me that he even gave me the title of exemplary warrior. So far, so good, but you know me, don't you? I'm a womanizer, and it would be hard for me to go long without visiting a woman's skirt.

So while I didn't have any chores to do, I went around flirting with the women in town. Then, one day I found a young redhead I took a liking to. I liked her shy demeanor, so I tried to approach her normally and propose marriage.

Since I was not much older than her, I thought she would accept a promising young man like me. But I was ruthlessly rejected every time I tried.

To be honest, it made me very angry. I couldn't understand why she would reject a handsome guy like me. Because of that, I acted even more extravagantly and started bragging using the warrior title I received.

Even married women weren't staying out of my strike zone, I almost always managed to have my moment with them.

You may think I'm promiscuous as usual, but as a faithful follower of Goddess Zenobia, I believe it's okay to enjoy my youth. That's why I kept proposing to the young redhead from before, I even took John and Carl with me for support.

As I let the two of them show off my good points, a couple stopped next to us. It was a dogikin woman and a seemingly ordinary human man.

Even if I have nothing against beastkins, that was different for people who lived on the border of a war zone with a kingdom ruled by beastkins.

'This is the perfect opportunity for me to show off!'

That's all I thought at that moment.

Unfortunately, I couldn't have been more wrong, it was from that day on that my luck ran out and everything went down the drain.

When that man's eyes fell on me, I felt as if I had been stuck in a frozen ocean. Out of fear my mind went blank for a moment, I don't remember exactly what happened next, all I remember was that he let us go.

To tell you the truth, even today I am afraid to look directly at him.

After that conflict, can you believe I found out that guy was the Reaper? Never in my wildest dreams I thought I would ever mess with that person.

Because of this, the son of the baron who supported me until then, abandoned me, revoked my title and left town in a hurry.

I thought about running away, but it wouldn't do any good, because from the rumors, I knew I was already booked and the moment I did that, he would come immediately. Even though I don't believe in rumors, after meeting him in person, I didn't want to risk it. With a plan in mind, John, Carl and I tried to apologize, but we only made things worse.

The look in his eyes was frightening, it was as if we were nothing in front of him. I was sure that any wrong word I said, he would kill me.

Luckily, the dogkin woman from earlier showed up and spoke for us. Thanks to her kindness, he spared our lives and even though we became slaves, it's better than being dead, right?

Without giving us any rest, he put us to work immediately.

As the days passed, I came to understand that the rumors about him were true.

His cruelty and power are out of the ordinary.

Would you believe me if I told you that the famous Silver Moon mercenary group also became his slaves?

As a big fan of them, you know that they are one of the strongest mercenary groups in the kingdom, if not the strongest. But still, they couldn't even fight back against my master.

The moment it looked like he was going to attack, all I realized was that he had already pierced someone with his spear.

I even thought I had blacked out for a moment, but when I looked around, everyone was just as surprised as I was. Although it took me a while to understand what had happened, I realized that he was simply too fast, the fastest I had ever seen.

To make the situation even more terrifying, he practically did nothing and all the Silver Moon mercenaries were defeated by 10 clay golems.

The mercenaries fought desperately and went with everything from the start, their teamwork was perfect.

Three of them even managed to combine advanced large-scale spells. It was a huge hurricane of fire, wind and lightning.

It was something incomparably beautiful, but scary considering I was in the line of fire.

To be honest, since I thought I was going to die at that moment, I closed my eyes, but unexpectedly, nothing happened to me. When I looked around, all I saw was the desperate looks of the mercenaries as they started to run away.

Probably my master did something scary, for when I looked at him, there was a wide smile of mockery and derision on his face. He seemed to be enjoying watching their desperation, like a child playing at squashing ants.

Just when I thought the mercenaries would be able to escape, an invisible wall blocked their way.

I have no idea how he did it, but even a divine skill user who was with the mercenaries couldn't get past the invisible wall.

Before I knew it, the golems that had turned to dust from the large-scale attack were back on their feet. Those golems weren't normal, they were monstrously strong, I've never heard of anything like it.

From that moment on, a one-sided massacre began.

There was blood everywhere.

I still get chills just remembering the sounds of bones breaking with each hit from the golems.

The guy who possessed the divine skill ended in an extremely deplorable state. He was bloodied and completely disfigured, even his jaw was crushed. I'm pretty sure that every bone in his body was in crumbs.

Even with this guy all blown up, master still stepped on his head and sneered before killing him in cold blood.

After that, he easily forced a master and slave contract with the rest of the mercenaries.

That's scary, I thought a forced contract was something impossible to do. Doesn't that mean he could own a kingdom if he went up to a king and sneakily forced him into submission?

My reverie aside, I know you're curious to know what caused the conflict. I'm sure you'll be surprised, the guy who got killed called the master's beastkin daughter a filthy animal.

That's right, he has a daughter! I was surprised to find out too, but you'd expect it from someone even more of a womanizer than I am.

Back on topic, calling a beastkin a filthy animal is such a common thing in Poutis and yet, a massacre was done because of it.

Witnessing it all made me realize that he is even more vicious than the rumors say, I guess we were lucky Carl ended up with only a broken arm.

Speaking of the master's daughter, do you believe she had magic debility syndrome?

That's exactly what you read, she had, now she doesn't!

Not even the King of Poutis could find a cure, and yet, one little 4 year old girl was able to have her problem solved. I know it seems hard to believe that a disease with no cure actually has a cure, but if you were in my shoes, you would believe too.

Master created a huge strange formation and when he activated it, I even felt a chill in my stomach.

It seemed as if the daylight was being sucked out for a moment. Soon after, a purple light enveloped the master and his daughter.

I had never witnessed something so unique.

Master is an unbelievable being, it seems he can do anything he wants.

But he is not the only unbelievable person here, there is an extremely beautiful human woman who is always by his side. I can say with all my heart that I have never seen anyone as beautiful as her.

The two of them together did something unbelievable, they constructed a building that would have taken years to make in less than a month. During the construction, they used several unknown spells that seemed powerful, and the most impressive thing was that they didn't even chant the incantation.

Even more unbelievable is the fact that this woman can turn simple clay into something as strong or perhaps even stronger than iron.

Even the magic tools that the building has are amazing, it's hard to believe they were made in such a short time.

By the way, this woman is not part of the master's harem, I don't know who she is, but I believe she is someone as powerful as, if not more so than master.

Why do I think that? Simple, whenever there is an argument between them, she comes out with a triumphant smile while he casts a deadly glare at her, but does nothing.

There was a moment when I theorized that she was Ayzeret in her human form, since I saw her scolding and beating him over the head several times. But just thinking about it sent shivers down my spine. There's no way that could be true, she even proposed to spare the mercenaries' lives when the master wanted to kill them.

The surprises don't stop there yet, I don't know exactly how this is possible, but master forced us to learn earth magic spells.

Being more specific, learning is not quite the right word, he somehow forcefully stuck the enchantment in our heads.

It was extremely painful to the point that it felt like my head was going to explode. But in the end, it was really amazing! I learned magic in the blink of an eye. I'd never heard of it.

After pondering for a while, I came to realize something, if these two wanted to, I'm sure they could create a kingdom with a completely invincible army. Considering the size of the hotel, I believe that the super beautiful woman could easily create weapons and armor with the strengthened clay.

I can even imagine them putting fear into the mighty elves.

Well, my fertile imagination aside, let's continue.

Observing so many absurd things happening before my eyes, there were a few times that I came to think that all of this was just a dream. But after receiving daily training from master and feeling the pain all over my body, I came to the conclusion that everything is real.

Speaking of training, can you believe that master said that Silver Moon mercenaries are weak?

Because of this, he said he would train all of us, but this felt more like a visit to hell than training.

I feel like I'm about to walk through death's door every day. But just before that happens, he heals us and our battered bodies return to normal as if nothing happened.

Well, I must admit that after being beaten so badly, I am getting used to this life of suffering. Although we feel a lot of pain, in the end we are properly healed by a warm and pleasant light.

Anyway, after reading all this, you might be wondering how a commercial boom could happen with my master here, but it's simple, he's friends with the marquis' daughter. Despite him being a walking time bomb, he's good to the people close to him. That's why she is confident that everything will work out.

Besides her, there is another woman he treats in a completely unexpected way coming from him. She doesn't look impressive at all when I compare her to the extremely beautiful woman and master, but she is very kind. Sometimes she and the master's wife make food for us.

Well, I end my letter here, hope you are well, send regards to our family members.

P.S. - Although it sounds a bit risky, I hope you don't miss this opportunity.

P.S. 2 - I almost forgot to say, the four divas of the Silver Moon mercenaries have already pushed down. While I'm not 100% sure, I do know that every night after dinner, the beautiful woman of unknown identity comes calling for them.

Although she says it's to accompany her and two children to the orphanage, that's obviously a lie.

That woman is very strong, she doesn't need protection and master is extremely proficient in space magic, he could take them to the orphanage with a lift of his fingers.

Moreover, late at night, near the time of our evening training, they always come back together with master. He always has a satisfied and invigorated expression.

As a womanizer like him, I know that is the expression of a man who has had a lot of fun in bed.

Besides, from the looks he always casts at them, it would be impossible for him to have done nothing.

I say goodbye again, hope we can meet once more someday.

26