Arc III – Intermission 14: Conspiracy
585 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That was great," Roseanne sighed as she relaxed on Jerome's bare chest.

"Tsk tsk, what a jerk king," Jerome complained as he looked up at the canopy ceiling of the bed, "Always acting all cocky when he can't even walk to his own room without getting tired."

"But it's good that he's an idiot, isn't it?" Roseanne smiled as she continued, "Thanks to that, we were able to fool him and stay together."

"True... Although it's not how we wanted it, we are still together..." Jerome muttered as he remembered the past.

The romance between the two was not a crush that happened out of nowhere. Both had been on intimate terms since they were children. Their families had always been close, and the marriage between the two was already a sure thing.

Because of his battle prowess, Jerome was known from a young age as one of the greatest talents in the kingdom. If this was not enough, his divine skill made him even more famous.

But he was not the only one who stood out. Roseanne had an appearance that stood out since a young age, and as she grew older, her beauty became more and more radiant.

On the day of the engagement party, the king had attended to show his esteem for the strong warrior of the new generation, who was also the son of his younger brother.

However, in the middle of the event, the king took a liking to the beauty of the bride and broke the engagement of the two on the spot. He claimed that in his kingdom, only he could possess a woman of such beauty.

Because he was revered by his people, he had full confidence that his nephew Jerome would also feel honored by his act. But obviously, this was just something in the king's head.

That day, it was as if the world of both of them had collapsed.

Even though Roseanne knew she would become the king's third wife, all she felt at that moment was sadness at having to part with her beloved.

Although the families of the former bride and groom were against it, they dared not refuse the king.

At that moment, all Jerome wanted was to strangle the king to death. But being the son of a duke, he knew what would happen if he succumbed to his fury.

Starting with the fact that even though he was the king's nephew, it would not be easy for him to get to him and kill him. Although he had a talent that excelled, he was still far from reaching the level of the king's guards.

To make matters worse, if he acted carelessly, not only would he not get his beloved back, he would also put his family in a difficult position.

Even though several years had passed, the events of that day were still fresh in Jerome's mind.

The tears streaming down young Roseanne's cheeks as she was torn from his arms.

The look of satisfaction and achievement from the king who was his own blood uncle.

Lastly, his own sense of impotence.

Those three scenes were something he could never forget. Even if he could do, he would still choose to keep the memories, for it was these events that made him persevere.

Jerome had always been cold and calculating, so no matter how many years it took, he was determined to make the king pay.

After countless days and nights of hard work, his efforts had paid off. He had approached the king and was getting closer and closer.

Thanks to this, he began preparations for his long-awaited revenge. Taking advantage of a few opportunities that appeared along the way, he used them to harass the king.

Knowing his uncle's narcissistic personality, Jerome struck where he knew it would hurt. He started by making the king lose the hair he was so proud of. Then he took away the manhood he was so proud of. But it didn't stop there, there were many small things Jerome put the king through, but nothing was comparable to the plan that was to come.

Obviously, in order not to attract suspicion for himself, Jerome also helped the king with the problems he himself caused. This not only freed him from suspicion, but also earned him the king's trust, which led him to the position of vice leader of the guards.

To solve the king's impotence, Jerome had obtained a special lubricant. Of course, even though it helped, Jerome still wanted to screw the king as much as possible. That lubricant had a side effect, when used, it was not possible to have children and the person would finish prematurely.

But Jerome's actions also had their demerits. The king was a cowardly person, so he began to believe that this was a conspiracy of those trying to overthrow him.

Because of this, Jerome had almost no time off. Even when the king went to sleep, Jerome had to continue his vigil to help the king at any time.

His days off were decided randomly by the king, and his last one had been two and a half months ago. Since this was the case, he rarely had time off to meet Roseanne.

Moreover, during his watches, sneaking away was impossible because of the other guards that stayed with him.

"How's the plan?" Roseanne asked.

"Everything is occurring well," Jerome said. "The second idiot prince is acting completely in the palm of my hand without realizing it. Soon our son will be the one who becomes the rightful king."

The son of the two, to which he was referring, was the third prince. Although everyone thought he was the king's son, this was not the case. The third prince was the son of Jerome and Roseanne.

The third prince was not the only child that came from the love of the two, there was also another child. Unfortunately, due to being born prematurely, the child passed away shortly after birth.

"Even if it took years, the plan is almost done." With a sneering smile, Jerome continued, "The time to get rid of that incompetent is near."

22