Arc III – Chapter 72: Breakfast
537 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Emily got tired, Sian easily tied up his two stalkers and returned home, where breakfast waited for him.

Because he had given Danna advance notice that he would be returning to the demonic continent, she had prepared a sumptuous breakfast to welcome them.

The menu was quite varied, including cookies, juices, cakes, muffins, toast, pancakes, fruit, and some typical foods from the Demonic Continent. Although Ophi and the others were eating for the first time, they loved it.

At the table, besides the girls who came with Sian and the three they met after arriving, there were two more.

A pointy-eared elf named Kaylin and a sheepkin with spiral-shaped horns on her head named Bethony.

Given the clothes the latter was wearing, it was clear that she was a maid. As for why she was also sitting at the table, this was due to Milka's insistence.

"So, you are Sian's pupil who defeated the hydra?" Illianna asked Milka.

"I'm not just his pupil," Milka inflated her abundant chest and continued, "I'm his number one slave."

Receiving curious glances from Emily and Tina, Sian immediately justified himself.

"In my defense, she doesn't want freedom."

"That would be the same as severing the bond that united our destinies," Milka replied. "Before him, I was a battle slave. I was constantly fighting for my life inside an arena for the entertainment of other people."

"But on a certain day, Master stormed into the arena heroically and saved me." Placing her hand on her blushing cheek, Milka acted like a damsel in love. "The way he stole the grand prize of the bet and killed everyone who dared to pass in front of him was magnificent. Ahnn~~~ I fell in love instantly."

"Did Daddy kill the bad people?"

Faced with Emily's question, Sian sat up straight and raised his gaze trying to look as dignified as possible.

"That's right, Daddy killed all the bad people who showed up."

"I don't think you should say that in front of a child," Illianna replied.

"Why not?"

"Do you want her to be like you?"

"Oh, well, that's a good point. But leaving that aside, to be fair, I also owe a lot to Milka. Even though she's weird and has questionable behavior, it's thanks to her that I haven't become any worse than I already am."

Saying this, Sian added.

"By the way, even though Danna and Becca call me master, they are not my slaves. Except for Milka, everyone here is free."

"Considering how close you all seem to be, should I assume that everyone here are his women?" Illianna said as she pointed to Sian.

"Just Milka, Becca and me," Danna said. "As for Beth and Lin, they are close friends."

"But it's only a matter of time," Milka added. "Soon they won't be able to resist the temptation and will throw themselves into master's arms."

"It seems that during the years you wandered, you gathered a large stock of beautiful women..." Illianna said to Sian.

"You haven't seen anything yet," Milka smiled confidently. "There is still so much more. Every girl the master has here is a beauty."

"Did he already ran his hands over all of them?"

"Unfortunately, not all of them recognize the master's greatness," Looking disappointed, Milka replied to Illianna. "Although he looks like a lecherous beast, master doesn't go around assaulting women."

"Just to be clear, I'm not the one who gathered so many women here," Sian said.

As for why there were many women there, it really wasn't due to Sian, the blame for this fell completely on Milka.

Four years ago, a slave trader was crossing the Edrorian forest to Poutis, but was intercepted and killed by bandits. On that day, Sian was awakened by the sound of the clash of the mercenaries hired by the merchant and the bandits.

Angry that he had been taken from his midday nap, Sian killed all the bandits. To the merchant's misfortune, by the time Sian arrived on the scene, he and most of the mercenaries were dead.

From what the girls said after being rescued, that merchant was taking slave girls of different races on order for a collector.

Initially, feeling sorry for the girls, Milka made Sian shelter them temporarily. But since he was never someone who liked to help others, it wasn't long before he wanted to drop them off in a nearby town.

Most of them were slaves captured during the war or had nowhere else to go or no one to return to. Because of this, Milka felt sorry for them and insisted that Sian create this place to house them.

Since Sian was not good enough to support someone for free, in return he wanted them to take care of raising some animals and planting some crops. Not long after, the girls, led by Milka, expanded the animal husbandry and planting quickly.

"No one wanted to leave here?" Illianna asked. "From what I understand, except for you here, all the others are afraid of Sian."

"Life here is easy. All we have to do is command the golems to take care of the crops and in return, we get everything we need," said Lin, the elf.  "Being one of the people he saved, I can say that even if they are afraid of him, no one wants to leave, at least not now."

Nodding her head in agreement, Milka said, "I've tried to explain to the girls that despite his scary face, that's just his way, but they're still afraid. Several times I have said that he is like a cute puppy showing his fangs, but that when you get close, he lies down and shows his belly."

"It's not because of his face, you know?" Lin said.

According to Lin, the brutal scene of how Sian killed the bandits was certainly one of the reasons, but although scary, it wouldn't last long. The aggravating factor is the relationship between Sian and Milka.

Since she teases him a lot, and he is easily provoked, it is common for him to beat her up claiming to be a training session. Although the supposed training is not much for the two of them, for ordinary people, seeing someone walk through a tree after being kicked in the rib is scary.

Because of this, the girls avoid interacting with him for fear that they will say or do something that will make him angry.

"Finally, since he simply keeps a closed face to the other girls, I think their fear will last for quite a while yet."

"I understand that they are afraid of me, but I believe that running every time they see me is a bit extreme," Sian said.

"That's your fault," Lin said.

"Mine?"

"Yes," she replied. "You may not remember, but there was a day when you shouted, 'You wretched cow! I'm going to count to three for you to get out of my face, otherwise I'm going to kill you!'"

"I remember that day," Danna grinned as if remembering something amusing. "You were so angry that the air even vibrated with your scream. After that, the wall of the house got destroyed in an explosion and Milka passed before me like a flash."

"Since that day, the girls decided it was better to avoid any contact and run instead of just putting their heads down." Lin said.

"Why did he do that?" Ophi inquired.

"The master found out that Milka had tricked him for a whole month," Danna explained. "That made him furious, but until then, everything was fine. The thing is, she really likes to tease him, and with that, it didn't take long before he exploded in rage."

"That was a wonderful time~~" Milka closed her eyes and smiled, as if she had remembered something good, "I couldn't resist the temptation to tease him."

"Although I have my share of teasing with him, I usually don't go too far, the price for that is quite high." Illianna said as she ran her hand over her neck.

"I agree," Danna nodded. "Even if I share the same sentiment as Milka, fractured bones are too high a price for me."

"Being honest, I'm surprised that these girls are still here," Illianna said.

"They hardly see him when he's here." Gesturing her hand, Lin pointed to Danna, Milka, and Becca. "They're the ones who take care of everything, and when he's not being lazy around, he's usually in his room studying spells or stuck in the forge."

"Just out of curiosity, what did she do to make him so angry?" Illianna asked.

"Well, how about leaving that aside and getting straight to the point of why we came?" Sian interjected before anyone could answer. "As I've talked to Danna before, she, along with Fran and Ophi are going to be chefs."

"Although I'm learning, I don't know many recipes yet, so I'm counting on your help."

"I make her words my own, I hope to learn a lot from you."

Ophi and Fran leaned toward Danna.

"With all that being said, do any of you want to be temporary waitresses?"

To Sian's question, Becca raised her hand shyly.

"Just ask."

"I-I'd like to go," she muttered almost inaudibly. "I want to end my fear of strangers, but I also don't want to risk going out in the sun."

Since Becca is considerably strong, the sun is not able to kill her, but it is still painful and damages her skin in the long run.

"All right, I'll try to work out a spell to protect you from the sun." Sian said. "Anyone else?"

"I'll go. I want to learn more about the world, I think it's a good opportunity."

"Uhmm, it is my duty to serve you, I would like to go too."

Lin and Beth expressed their wishes.

With beauty almost comparable to Illianna's, an elf like Lin would certainly be popular. As for Beth, although modest and reserved, she was considerably charming, which would probably also make her popular.

"I go where master goes!" Milka said in high spirits.

With everything set for the opening of the hotel, it was time to relax until they returned.

23