Arc III – Extra story 2: The violent half-orc
186 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

At the crack of dawn, on an isolated road near a forest, a battle has just taken place. A small caravan of merchants was attacked by a single person.

Due to the oppressive strength of the attacker, the twenty mercenaries hired as protection were easily defeated.

"Answer my question," a green-skinned woman with accentuated muscles shouted as she stepped on the mercenary's head.

Although she looked like an orc because of her protruding lower canines, that wasn't exactly her race. Even though her lower canines protruded above her other teeth, it was not as much as normal orcs. This was because she was of the mixed race between humans and orcs, a half-orc.

Her long dark green hair was shaved on one side and on her body there were some scars, making her look wilder. She wore a necklace of bones and her clothes were made of animal skin.

"I don't know anything!"

All the man managed to squeeze out were these words.

"You useless thing."

The half-orc dropped her club into the mercenary's belly, causing him to spit up blood.

Since the metal spines of the club were already crooked and lacked a sharp point, it was not enough for the mercenary's leather armor. But given his condition, he probably wouldn't survive much longer if he didn't receive treatment.

These poor fellows were not the first to receive the half-orc's violent attack. She was on a relentless search for someone and intended to go over everything to find him.

Leaving the mercenary, she went to a well-dressed merchant who had one of his legs broken and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"If you don't give me any useful information about Sian, I will rip your head off," she said with an angry expression.

"I-I don't know who you're talking about, but if it's the Duke De Castilho, he's settled in Solaris!" The merchant replied nervously.

"The Sian I'm looking for is a powerful man," she said.

"That's him!" The merchant stated.

"You mean he's living there?"

"That's right!"

"Where is this Solaris?" she asked.

"In the kingdom of Poutis," he said hastily. "The town is in the Rotherham marquisate, bordering Edrorian and Tarodel.

"Stay in which direction?"

"South of here!"

"Point the shortest way."

Obeying her words, the merchant pointed, but all she had in that direction was a forest. Regardless, she seemed satisfied and let go of the merchant.

Walking past the bodies lying on the ground, which it was hard to tell if they were alive or not, she walked over to the merchants' carts and began to fill her leather bag with food.

"Sian..." she muttered the name of her target. "After running away from me so many times, this time I won't let you escape."

Hanging the bag on her back, she headed in the direction the merchant pointed to.

This is the last chapter of the third arc and next week I'll start posting the fourth.

If you are interested, you can read advanced chapters on my Patreon.

5