Chapter 105
375 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Woof! How long do you want me to wait?” I shouted through the warehouse that was slowly filling with slaves of different races. They were all incredibly weak except for the five ghouls I had to keep in check. “Don’t touch that.” I said as one of them wanted to grab the bloody paperweight I placed near the entrance.

“Give me a few more minutes.” He shouted from one hallway.

“Just give the keys to someone else and come here now. We don’t have time for this shit anymore.” Luckily, Woof approached me a few minutes later and I handed him a sword from the guard. “Go out there and kill a few guards, merchants, customers, whatever you want. You five idiots,” I pointed towards my ghouls and stared into their eyes sternly. “will wreak havoc around him. You are absolutely forbidden from killing any slave except when they turn against you, alright?”

The five ghouls grunted in approval and thus, I opened the door, grabbed Woof and threw him out, right in front of a merchant I remembered and three guards who apparently noticed their missing comrades. They immediately readied their swords, although they didn’t seem too hostile, at least until they looked into the warehouse and noticed all the weak, but free slaves. Free, not in the sense of not costing anything but … you know.

Giggling, I stepped out of the warehouse and threw my paperweight at the merchant. He collapsed as it hit his throat, but in comparison to his friends, he was having a good time. The others were torn apart by beasts who didn’t know how to control themselves. The ghouls feasted upon the three other guards and ripped them to shreds with their teeth mercilessly. It was a bloody, gory scene with blood and guts spraying everywhere while I laughed at their misfortune. How fast the tables have turned. In one second, they were still guarding a few slaves and now, these slaves turned against them … although the other slaves shrank back considerably. I turned around towards them and gave them a really motivating speech.

“Tonight is the night you will be freed! But nothing comes without a cost. For those brave enough, take their keys and help other slaves to escape, for those who aren’t … you will die here.” I laughed as the first row of them paled and stepped back into the row behind them. “Just kidding, there is a hill outside the market, go there. You should wait a few minutes though until we started to spread chaos for real.” I smiled happily, walked towards Woof, and lifted him up by his collar. As soon as he stood again, I let him go and whispered quietly.

“What are you waiting for?” I asked and pointed towards his sword. “It´s time to put that to use.”

I giggled as he walked away with five bloody ghouls following him, hatred seething out of his red eyes. A few seconds later, one ghoul was already ripping a pedestrian to shreds. The human screamed loudly before he died though and started this beautiful night for real.

“Woof, become a famous dog for my sake.” I said quietly. After that, I climbed a nearby house again and used the roofs to go back towards the gate. Screaming erupted beside me as I rushed away from the warehouse and the street below me turned red by the massacre the ghouls and even Woof made. They entered buildings, murdered inhabitants, dragged slaves out of the houses and even set some on fire. I soon strolled past them and happily jumped over the gaps between the buildings.

The streets were already filling with curious humans who would die sooner or later as I slid down a drainage pipe and rushed towards the gate on the ground level. As usual, my paperweight hit the first guard on the head. He was already dead as I slid through the mud, kicked the legs of the other guard who stood nearby and watched him fall down.

“How unlucky am I to find you here?” I said, a bit bored that my task here was already fulfilled and stomped his face repeatedly after using my momentum to stand up again. He tried to reach the blade on his hips but failed to do so as I kicked his hand and broke a few of his fingers. “Booooring …” I sighed and grabbed the blade of the dead guard. For a few seconds, I stared at the onlookers who looked at me in horror. Some were already screaming noisily and so, I raised my voice considerably as I spoke to them.

“What? Never seen a psychopath before? What a rookie mistake.” I threw my sword towards the loudest woman who I noticed on the day I bought woof. Her slave was nowhere to be found as the sword struck her head and embedded itself deep inside her head. She fell backwards and although she was completely silent now, the noise grew even louder as they all scurried to get away from me.

“Help!” Or so they screamed as they ran into the arms of my ghouls. The irony was a bit too much for me and so, I laughed crazily as I opened the door and made my way out of the market.

“The beautiful city of Verona, famous for its flames and crumbling buildings, is such a wonderful place to be in! To your left, you see proper buildings, taverns of all kinds welcome tourists from all over the country. To your right, you see the main attraction here, a burning hell! Here, you can buy whatever you want. A grilled chicken? Done! A male slave trader you can burn all you want? We have it all! … or so it would go if someone would introduce me to this city.” I said happily and turned around as I reached the nearby hill.

It was a massacre. Not by me, or even by my five ghouls, but rather by the slaves themselves. I seriously underestimated how much they would struggle once I reignited their will to fight for freedom. They were picking up everything they could find and as they outnumbered the guards quite a bit, they completely overwhelmed them, even as only around a quarter of the slaves chose to fight. My ghouls couldn’t do this much apparently as I noticed how they died one after the other until only two were left. This didn’t ruin my mood though as I got what I wanted. Happily, I watched how a steady stream of screaming humans left the market and fled towards the nearby city that was already preparing for a clash with the slaves.

I let them be. More publicity for what I had done here was always great and even needed. A few minutes later, the first few hundred slaves approached the hill and settled on it, while keeping their distance to me. I just stood on the hill, letting the wind blow my black coat to the side while securing my hood to my head. The flames soon started to spread around the market and I clapped happily as the slaves made way for three hundred other slaves who were lead by Woof and two of my ghouls.

I whistled loudly as I noticed how they were both bound with ropes and couldn’t move freely. Woof made them kneel right in front of me and held his sword onto the neck of one of them.

“You will do exactly as I say, otherwise I will reveal your true identity.” Yes, please do that. Tell everyone what a horrible institution the church of light, or whatever else I apparently belong to, is so that I would never get into trouble with them in the future. I chuckled slightly and curtsied in front of my dog.

“You are really funny, Woof. You are all bark, but no bite … as if you didn’t tell everyone who I really am by now.” He deprecated my ghoul with one swing. I clapped my hands by the beautiful sight that was given me and laughed amused. Distracted by my behaviour, he didn’t notice how the other ghoul beside him reared up, pulled the ropes apart with brute force and jumped at Woof up like a spring. They both fell down in front of me in the mud as Woof lost his balance. My ghoul was on top of him and tried to get a grip of Woof who was squirming in the mud with all his might.

Wait.” Just as my ghoul got a hold of him and brought his teeth close to Woof`s neck, I squatted down beside them and looked into Woof´s eyes. Panic was written all over him and his eyes glowed with a brown I never saw before.

“Beautiful. Oh, did you seriously think these slaves are willing to fight against me after they saw what my ghouls did? Especially, because you are a vampire? You know, I seriously wanted to give you a chance to survive this … ah, screw it. You never had a chance from the very beginning you pathetic vampire. Go on.” My last ghoul sank his teeth into Woof´s neck and ripped his flesh apart. He wasn’t even drinking Woof´s blood, but simply found amusement at murdering the person who threatened his creator. At first, Woof screamed unbearably loud, but as soon as his whole throat was ripped open by my ghoul, he stopped doing even that.

Meanwhile, I kept staring into his eyes and he back into mine. I giggled loudly as the red light in his eyes vanished and his soul left this planet for good. I was grateful for him to die in such a spectacular way in front of my eyes. His laughable attempt, the way he tried to fight me … beautiful.

Without further ado, I stood up in ecstasy and glared down at my last ghoul who was still trying to bite off Woofs head.

Kill your self.” I didn’t like slavery for the most part and he was the worst kind of slave. He directly sat up and dug his nails into his own throat as if it was a pleasure to do so. Annoyed by how long it took, I handed him my paperweight and watched how he smashed his head until he went limp.

With this, every trace there was to me was eliminated. Everyone who saw me or remembered me was now dead or only knew about my connection to the church by listening to Woof and couldn’t really describe me perfectly. If anyone would investigate this incident, they would only find Woof and at best, a girl who worked for the church. I doubted anyone would be willing to investigate further into this mess and even if they wanted to, they wouldn’t find anything.

Happily, I noticed how the last bond I held with a ghoul vanished and retrieved my paperweight again. I turned toward all these slaves and pointed eastwards.

“There lays the elven forest. Although they don’t like humans that much, I doubt they would throw you out as a group. This forest is where you will be free to live however you like. You can stay here if you want, but I wouldn’t advise it. The guards of the city won´t come after you right away, but as soon as they get reinforcement, they will try to enslave you again.” None of them reacted to my words and so, I could only stand there in silence and scratch my cheek. Did I have to hold their hands and lead them there? “Uhm … you should go back to the market, salvage everything you can find and then hurry up towards the forest. There shouldn’t be anyone stopping you from escaping … shoo shoo?”

They still didn’t move at all, but at this point, I couldn’t care less. I swiftly turned towards the general direction of my carriage and walked there. The slaves made way for me, holding their distance respectfully and fearful. I smirked under my mask and didn’t hurt even one of them. After all, there were also children among them and I really didn’t want to hurt them if it wasn’t necessary.

 

13