Chapter 151
278 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My mind was a mess. If I ever let a mess unfold uncontrollably beneath my thumb, then it was my own mind. So far, I only had one attempt to interact with the mind space where all my memories were, including the one that was blocked by my own subconsciousness. That’s how you know when you are fucked. If you don’t want to remember something, that’s usually a bad sign.

Normally, it would be advised to speak with a psychotherapist, but guess what profession wasn’t invented yet on Solaris … probably for the better as Mary would surely ask me to go there regularly. In any case, I was stuck with this issue as I had no idea how to progress. I already tried meditating, sleeping, drugging myself and a lot of alcohol. Well, the last one derailed a bit, but whatever …

In any case, I read something in the room of Mr. Schlaumeier, my tutor, which could help me considerably.

Cockroaches were fascinating creatures. They lived through everything, including the worst apocalypse imaginable … probably. They had high adaptability to any environment and reproduced like there was no tomorrow. They were usually 13 to 16 millimetres long, the females are a bit darker than the males and the sexes have a bit of a different abdomen. The adult ones have wings, but they cannot fly, although some were seen gliding a bit.

Oh, and Succubi could intrude into the mind of others ... which was honestly what I really needed, but more on that later. First, I squashed a cockroach underneath my shoe sole in a dark, secluded alley. I really hated these things, despite their resilience.

“Hey, give me everything you got.” I said, covered in a black hood and still wearing my sunglasses to hide my identity. The man in front of me, clothed extremely shadily with a long coat with several pockets on the inside, looked at me strangely. “Is it my height?”

“And your voice …” He said, trailing off into the distance with his own voice.

“Understandable. What do you have?” I asked, looking behind me as the next one already waited for me to finish this quickly.

“Processed Cali flowers, the blood of a magical pufferfish and, you won´t believe it, a mixture that increases potency … although you probably won’t need it.” He said.

“An unspecified mixture from a really shady drug dealer … has anyone brought the last one so far?” I asked, smirking as I turned away and blew my nose as the wind brought the distinct smell of human urine there.

“It is so short of becoming the next hit! Everyone who took it was pleasantly surprised! If you have a lover, you will experience the night of your lifetime!” He exclaimed, probably already talking to the man behind me who seemed to need this strange mixture.

“Yeah … so nobody bought it so far … I´ll take everything … excluding the mixture.” I really had no use for that one. Swiftly, I took my backpack and handed him a few gold coins. He whistled loudly but didn´t ask for more. Instead, he opened his coat, pulled syringe after syringe and a bunch of bags filled with brown powder out of his pockets and put them all into my backpack which I held open for him. The last syringe wandered into my hand though. “What is this for a syringe? Come one, the tip isn´t even sharp. Excluding all the problems about every kind of disease I would probably get, this thing can be used as a blunt weapon!”

“There aren’t any better ones out there … oh, you do get 20% back if you return them.”

“What the fuck …” How unsanitary can one even run a drug cartel? “ … whatever, keep the change.”

“It´s for the environment!” He shouted as I was already walking away from him.

Disgusted, I left the alley, turned left, then right and then left again. It only took me two minutes to arrive in front of The Red Baron, which was honestly telling for the kind of business done there.

“Hey!” I said as soon as I walked in. The woman at the counter already knew me and didn´t hesitate to put up a fake smile as I strolled past her and headed downstairs. The room was completely deserted … if not for the depressed assassin sitting alone at the table. He was staring straight at the wall, not moving an inch as I stepped into the room, which was honestly kind of creepy.

I sat down opposite of him, waiting for any kind of reaction that never came. He still stared straight ahead and didn´t even blink. He stared holes into the wall for several minutes while I tried to have any eye contact whatsoever. I even waved in front of his face, but he didn´t react at all. A bit annoyed, I looked at the bottle in front of me and grinned happily. It was whiskey, honestly not my thing, but good enough. I cautiously placed my backpack on the table and disinfected every syringe with the alcohol. I could only hope this was enough and that nobody minded the whiskey on the floor.

“I wonder what you have taken my friend.” He was in his own little world which was basically exactly what I wanted. Completely not touched by the fact that he started to drool through his mask, I placed the first syringe on my arm and slowly injected the contents into me. Like usual, I felt no difference whatsoever, at least I hoped I didn´t.

The assassin in front of me burped loudly and then fell over to the side. He didn´t make any sounds of pain as he hit the ground. A bit worried, I leaned over to my right and looked past the table, only to see him sleeping there peacefully. Luckily he didn´t die as I really didn´t want to clean up this mess afterwards.

I stood up, the second syringe in my hand and walked towards the hole in the wall. Truly, there was a treasure room behind the wall. Bags of gold were laying on the ground. A few bags were tilted over to the side, spilling valuable luxury goods or masses of gold coins. And I stood there, taking my next dose of pufferfish blood because I couldn’t bring myself to do what I had planned. The effects I hoped for still didn´t appear.

“Less than expected …” I said and toppled over a bag full of coins. It clinked beautifully, but the fact still stood that I needed more money. I already calculated exactly what we were going to need and selling all these luxury items on the black market along with the money barely covered everything. And here I was, hoping to fund a large charity organisation for my image and for my own well-being.

“Well, at least it´s enough for some orphanages.” I went back out of the vault, grabbed the next syringe, and injected it directly into my heart. A bit disappointed that I was still feeling absolutely nothing, I sat down at the table and took the next one.

“How many more …” One. Nope, still nothing. Two? Well, I started to realize what Mr. Assassin certainly didn´t take as blood started to appear out of the fugues. Still, it wasn’t enough. I took every dose I had, including the bags full of whatever they made out of Cali Flowers. My mind was so devoid of everything, but I didn´t fall into the same catatonic state Mr. Assassin fell. Instead, I felt extremely lightheaded and licked my fingers quite often because they were painted red in blood. Thrilled, I stood up, stumbled towards the assassin, and knelt down beside him.

I giggled quietly as my fingers went through his hair while licking my teeth. How easy it would have been to take a snack right there, how thrilling it would have been, but despite all the drugs, all my excitement, I only caressed his head, thinking about drinking his blood. The grip I had on myself was a bit too strong for me to do something this dumb. It would ruin everything I had worked for if this ever came to light.

I was still a bit reluctant as I stood up though. I could smell his human scent, usually a very disgusting odour, but strangely thrilling while being drugged. With my head swaying left and right, I staggered out of the room upstairs. The woman at the counter looked at me concerned the moment I stepped into her view and probably even more so as I slammed my forehead onto the wood because it felt so damn heavy.

“Can you … is that an elephant?” A tiny elephant waded through a puddle of blood right in front of the corner only to trump at me angrily. “Hehe … töröööö!” Sadly, he vanished in a cloud of pink dust, as if he never existed. “Oh … you are still there. Can you tell me where this idiot is?”

“Upstairs. But you rea-“ Her voice died down instantly as soon as I lifted up my head again. She was still speaking, but instead of words, masses of water flowed out of her mouth. Disgusted, I stumbled away from her to the stairs which were strangely slippery as well. Two times, I fell down and one time, I even hit my head on the edge of a step. Strangely enough, I couldn`t bother to stop my fall at all.

Instead, I giggled as I held my head and opened the first door where I heard loud noises. A client stared at me with a shocked expression as my head peaked through the door.

“Sorry … go on.” I said and closed the door behind me again. Disgusted, I steadied myself using the wall and tried to eradicate every memory of what I just saw. I had meagre success but soon opened the next door anyway. There was the next couple, fucking like dogs on a bed that resembled more of a battlefield than anything else. The man stared at me with shock and disbelieve while the woman … well she seemed to be in another world, full of small elephants.

“Sorry …“ I said once again and closed the door abruptly. I giggled loudly as I strolled through the hallway, slipped in a puddle of blood and fell down. Hitting my head once more seriously hurt, but it also reminded me who the last two rabbits were. Thus, I stood up, opened the door again and strolled into the room.

“Don’t mind me …” I said and closed the door behind me. The whore was still breathing roughly, but Tom got a grip of himself and even covered his private parts with a blanket. I barely took notice of this though as I rather strolled towards the window and let in some fresh air.

“Lu …” I growled threateningly as he started to address me by my name. “Boss, what are you doing here?” He asked while hurryingly covering the whore with another blanket.

“Uuu …” It took me a few seconds to remember what I actually wanted to do while staring at the giraffe that looked into the room from outside. “Oh, I just wanted to check up on you.”

“That’s all?” He asked, getting a bit angry.

“Oh, right, and I wanted to look at the fish we reeled in.” I said and touched the soft nostrils of the giraffe. What a beautiful creature.

“It´s in the cellar.” He said.

“Is it? I was there, but I can´t remember seeing it …” I scratched my heavy head and turned towards Tom, nearly falling over in laughter as he had a sweet, fitting pair of dog ears. “Maybe someone stole it … how utterly useless are you if you don’t even ask someone to guard it?”

“I …” He stormed out of the room, only wrapped in a thin blanket, panicking because of what I said. His tail wagged from left to right, showing once and for all that he really turned into a dog.

Giving my best to watch my steps in this slippery room, I walked over to the door and closed it gently.

“Hey, whore.” I said as soon as the door shut close. She didn´t answer and as such, I stumbled over to and looked down on her as she still laid on the bed with her back.

“We were so close.” She stated a hint of anger in her eyes.

“Ohh … I´m so sorry to have interrupted your meal.” I said sarcastically.

“… the money isn´t gone, is it?” She stated, completely in the right. I just wanted Tom out of this room to talk to her in private and someone had to look after the assassin anyway. It wasn’t good that he took this many drugs.

“The money is still there, safe and sound. Well, except the elephant stole it.” I said and giggled crazily. “I need your help.”

“No.” She said, without even thinking about what I wanted.

“This wasn’t a question.” I stated and squinted my eyes while trying to ignore the sweet scent of blood in my nostrils.

“I´m not working for you.” She said.

“Oh come on. You are basically Tom´s slut at this point, you are working for me.” I pointed out.

“I …” She stumbled over her words, unable to reply because I poked her forehead in expectation of some crazy shit happening. Sadly, this never happened.

“Do I always have to tell everyone in what position they are in? Tom is mine. You are only allowed to use him because I am really friendly. Sure, he isn´t your only food source, but probably the one you like the most so far. You wouldn’t like to go into the slums and beg a random beggar for his cum, would you?” I asked and rolled my eyes.

“This is …” She still didn´t know how to reply.

“No, you wouldn’t, because you like to fuck influential men. How were your targets called again … Pong Lenis? Cig Bhungus? Whatever … going by the documents Tom gave me, you are solely focusing on wealthy, influential men. Do they taste better or why do you like to fuck overweight men who betray their wife for a succubus?”

“What do you want to say.” She asked. In return, I snipped right in front of her face.

“Just like this, your whole business will evaporate within seconds if I want it. Remember, Tom is buying up all the high-class brothels and he either listens to what I say, or faces death.”

“Are you threatening me?” She asked surprised.

“Noo…” Yes, I was threatening her. “No, I would never do such a thing. Just work for me and we won´t have any problems.”

“If you aren’t threatening me, why should I accept?” She asked while swatting my fingers away which were playing with her cheeks.

“Uhh … you can do Tom whenever he is free?” I proposed.

“I already can do that.” Because I allowed it … but whatever.

“… fine, I´ll give you a king.” I let go of her cheeks and stepped back, gazing over her voluptuous body.

“What?” She asked in disbelief.

“I´ll give you one opportunity to make a ruler your client.” I stated.

 “… what do you want.” And so, she finally relented.

7