Chapter 19 Bureau of Folklore Investigation and Research
122 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In front of a nine-story building on the outskirts of the capital, I stare at the nine characters on a brass plaque in front of the door, the Bureau of Folklore Investigation and Research.I don't think I would have found this bureau if it hadn't been for the address on the job application.

What the hell is this place?This is the capital, even the suburbs land is very expensive, how can there be such a large open space, but also stand alone a building.

In or out, that's a question...Just as I was thinking, a similar voice behind me said, "My friend, do you know where the Folklore Investigation bureau is?"As Soon as I turned around, I saw a big, chubby face smiling at me...

"Fuck,it's you."The fat man was a little surprised to see me.I see him one eye: "ask you civilization point, what call hold, you ah, you talk can don't take so many dirty words?"Then he pointed to the plaque in front of the building.Fat man ha ha a smile: "slip of the tongue slip of the tongue, well, how so qiao, you also report for duty?"

I was stunned for a moment: "What call I also report?What does this have to do with you?Aren't you in narcotics?"After listening to my words, the fat one face of the tangled: "don't mention it, I fucking transferred here"

It turned out that Fatty, like me, went back to the drug police department and got promoted to the rank of section chief.Section chief's position has not done the heat, almost and is the same day that I leave the army, fatty received the transfer order, let him report to the folk custom investigation and research bureau.

He was not very close, but at least he was someone he knew.I asked the fat man about the Bureau of Folklore Investigation, but he didn't know anything about it either.

"Now that we're here, what do we care?The dead pool of our brothers have all experienced, but also care about this what bureau?"The fat man was so bold that he pulled me up and went inside.

Here and ordinary office units are no different, but now is a little more than ten o 'clock in the morning, there was no one in the building, I and fatty in the first floor around, until the second floor, only to see a person in the elevator.

He was a tall, thin man, in his late thirties and early forties. When he heard that we had come to report for duty, he gave me and the fat man a glance.The expression on the face is very strange: "come to report, go to the sixth floor director general's office, find Gao Director general."

Why do we report to the director instead of the personnel department?I thought I hadn't made myself clear, but I repeated again.Tall and thin show impatient expression: "is not I say, you want me to say how many times?Sixth floor, director's office!"Say that finish no longer to deal with us, the head also don't turn back into the elevator."More words will kill you," muttered the fat man to the closed elevator door.I patted him on the shoulder. "Come on, don't talk to the elevator."

The director of the office of the elevator out of the door can be seen, just met the tall and thin man standing in the door.Is he Director Gao?I thought to myself, fat man seems to be very direct, a few steps went past, first reached in the past to shake hands: "You are gao Director general?I'm..."Thin tall one pie a mouth: "isn't I say, I seem to have more than 200 jins of fat person?Go inside, Director Gao is waiting for you."

Before the fat man could reply, someone in the office said, "Is someone coming?Hao Wenming, you take them to come in "thin tall one promised after 1, nod to me and fatty:" go in, the bureau chief is in shout you."

I grow so big or the first time into the 'bureau chief' office, now it doesn't seem to be a big deal, it's just a little bigger house, a little better decoration, office furniture a little higher grade, the interior of a little brighter...

The office was a suite and the living room, and inside was the real office of the director.The fat man and I followed the tall thin man into the inner room.A middle-aged man, a circle fatter than a fat man, was sitting behind the desk, smiling at us.

I've seen this man before!More than a month ago, it was he who took over the dead man's Pool with a piece of paper from the captain's hand.Yes, the same smile, a few words let the commander surrender territory.

Wait a minute!I had just met him a month ago, and a month later I was discharged from the army. I happened to have a job as a clerk in a government office in the capital waiting for me.On the first day of the report, I saw the two fat men I met in the dead man's pool.Not so coincidental, is it?Would anyone believe that it was not deliberately arranged.

Contrary to my reaction, the fat man next to me is looking at the 'fat man' behind the desk with a suspicious look on his face. He wants to speak, but stops.It is no wonder that he, when the middle-aged fat man appeared in the dead pool, he was lying on the ground to vomit water.So of course he wasn't as impressed with the director as I was.

Walking in front of us thin tall talk: "high bureau, they are to report for duty, not I say, this time should be assigned to our first room?"

The middle-aged fat man looked at him: "Is this something you care about?Don't you know how to introduce someone?"

The tall and thin smiled awkwardly, pointing to the middle-aged fat man and said: "This is Gao Liang, director of the Bureau of Folklore Investigation and Research. Our bureau does not set up deputy director general, secretary and the like. Here, Director Gao has the most power."

Then he waved to me and the fat man. "You two...Oneself say "" Ha ha, need not" Gao Liang director general smiled to smile, then say: "we know, more than a month ago, we met of, be?"

"Oh..."The fat man finally think up: "I think up, you have been to the dead man's pool".Director Gao smiled and looked at us: "before the matter need not mention, later we are a family, sitting talking, smoking?"He took an unopened box of cigarettes from the drawer and handed it to me.

What kind of smoke is this?The red wrappers don't have any text ICONS, just a triangular stamp on the lid.I tore the wrapper off and pulled out a cigarette.Huh?The cigarette's filter is so long that it's almost as long as the cigarette.Finally saw the trademark, two words -- panda (China specializes in supplying cigarettes to the country's leaders)...The legendary national treasure.

"Give me half of the cigarettes."The fat face of the fat man was already close.I handed him that one cigarette in my hand: "Here, save a little smoking."Then he put the cigarette case into his pocket.

Director Gao chuckled, took out a box of cigarettes and threw it to the fat man. Then he got to the point, "I have read your files and found that you both performed very well in your former unit. I believe you will have a better development in the Bureau of Folklore Investigation and Research.The bureau has made a decision. Shen La and Sun Desheng are assigned to work in the first investigation room. Well, "he pointed to the tall and thin one," this is the owner of your investigation room, Director Hao Wenming .Well, you've signed the contract and the rest is for Director Hao to introduce."

What do you mean?Is that all?I narrowed my eyes and gave the fat man a sidelong glance.This guy's eyes are moving towards me, consciously or unconsciously.It seems that the fat man is hopeless and has to rely on myself.

I smiled at Gao and said, "Director Gao, you have said that from now on we will be one family. So what is going on in the cave of water curtain in the pool of dead people? It shouldn't be a problem for you to tell your 'family' about it, right?"Fat man assents: "Yes, two leaders,we are a family, also have to say with us understand the situation."

"Of course it's not a problem" Gao Chief smiling eyes, let me feel vaguely uneasy."But I don't know how you judge a family," he added.

Hao Wenming took out two pieces of crumpled paper from his pocket and spread them in front of me and the fat man: "Director Gao's idea is to sign the name on this work contract, we are the family" The two people time to pinch just right, with a very tacit understanding, giving a person a feeling of special practice.I looked at the two old pieces of paper and thought to myself, Have you ever committed a fraud before?How many people did you cheat?

Fat man picked up the contract to sweep a few eyes, immediately found the problem: "damn!Are you kidding? Ninety-nine years?"Then he stared at me.

Why are you looking at me?You've got the wrong man.I angrily stare at him one eye, turn a head to pair of fat thin pair wry smile way: "Gao Director, hao director, our folk custom investigation research bureau is really a family, can live together for ninety-nine years, work all the time to old, really happy.But we're both afraid we won't make it to ninety-nine..."

"Hehe, Shen, you are joking. What is a ninety-nine year contract?A regular job. Who's afraid of a long contract now?"Gao Pangzi continued, "I heard that you have seen and heard some unusual things at the altar of the Dian people. I wonder if you are getting better now?"

Before I could speak, the fat man's face had changed color. "How do you know?I thought at first is really dazzling, did not expect to come out and see some chaotic 'things'.Last week was the 15th of July [one of the three traditional Ghost festivals in China]. I didn't even dare to open the window..."The tone of the fat man's voice trembled a little.

"Aren't you exaggerating a bit? Is it that much?""I said, looking at the fat man's exaggerated expression.

Did not expect high fat man turned his eyes to my body: "Sun Desheng (fat man) can not compare with you.You are born seeing the 'things' and you are used to them, and he has only recently reacted to them."

Gao Director general these words let me flabbergasted, I open the matter of ghost eye to anyone have never said, he is how to know?

Gao was very satisfied with the reaction of fatty and me. He looked at us with a smile and said, "You are in the bureau. We are one family.”

Note: In addition to the fact that people like Shen La are born with the ability to turn on the ghost eye, some ordinary people may be stimulated by the evil breath of the outside world than open the ghost eyes like the fat man Sun Desheng. And dying old people, just born children can occasionally temporarily open the ghost eyes.

1