Chapter 33 – Earning Gold To Spend On Slaves And Other Things
21.5k 24 244
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 33 – Earning Gold To Spend On Slaves And Other Things

“The earl’s daughter?” the guard asked to confirm with me. 

Devon nodded.

The guard shook his head. “No, she didn’t come through here today, or we would have seen here. Maybe she’s in Malon?”

Making a tutting sound with his tongue, Devon shook his head in disappointment. “I’m almost completely sure that she came through this way. Strange that you two didn’t see her.” 

Devon was purposely giving the guards a hard time because they disrespected him so heavily before he revealed his black card. 

“Sorry, sir! We’ll do better next time!” the guard answered, saluting Devon.

Devon snickered internally. It seemed like the black card gave him a lot of clout when it came to at least the surrounding cities around Malon, like Edelton. 

The guards let him through without much hassle afterwards, and Devon began his exploration of the new city. If Malon, or madame Elisa’s residence town to make it easier for him to remember, was a bustling medium sized town, Edelton in comparison was that except four times more concentrated in terms of people and businesses.

Devon decided to get something to eat first, heading into a local pub. After being seated, he ordered two plates of food and a beer to wash it all down. 

“Here’s your food,” a cheerful wolf-girl waitress said to him, setting down his food. 

Her appearance was too beast like for Devon’s taste, so he decided to not to hit on her at all. Looking around, there were far more beast-like people here in Edelton than in Malon. On the beast to human scale, some of the beast folk here were way too far up the scale towards the beast side. Devon was okay with fucking beast girls, but he preferred that they only have minor animal traits like bunny ears or a small fluffy tail, while retaining a mostly human form. 

He took a deep breath in, then took a long draught of beer. It was nice to be able to sit back, relax, and just enjoy nitpicking small things like this in the sanctity of his own mind. He felt that his apathy was slowly healing, and he could begin to feel again.

However, Devon did realize that his new personality might be a bit too ahead of itself for its own good. Raping girls, bullying around city guards, fighting demons bare handed… it was all risk seeking behaviour. But he didn’t care too much though. Whatever the consequences, he’d face them without regrets, especially since he was cursed with this ironic class. 

Devon wanted to check out the city’s brothels and other sexual escapades tomorrow, giving his balls a day to rest before he began using them again. For today, maybe it was better for him to check the normal adventurer’s guild requests and see if there were any easy requests for him to do to make a bit of gold.

Making his way to the city’s largest adventurer’s guild, Devon walked past a slave market with some eye popping selections, including a bunny girl and several human girls. 

“Do I hear six thousand? Six thousand? Going once… going twice… Seven thousand, the gentleman in the back!” Do I hear seven thousand?”

The auctioneer rattled off his tongue, directing the fervent mob of slave bidders towards a young human female. Devon shook his head upon hearing the price, unable to afford a human female slave yet. 

He needed more gold to be able to fulfill his sex slave owning ambitions, and for that he would have to start putting together an adventuring catalogue of quests to fulfill. Devon stepped inside the imposing wooden door of Edelton’s adventurer’s guild, and entered the guild.

The caliber of adventurers was noticeably higher here than in the previous town. Big and stocky swordsmen and hooded mages stood silently in front of the quest notice board, eyeing the notices for the D-rank and C-rank quests. As an F-rank adventurer, Devon wasn’t even authorized to take any quests beyond F-rank, so his selection was rather limited.

Stepping up to the F-rank section of the quest board without any shame, Devon began to peruse the available requests.

Fetch quest, fetch quest, fetch quest, delivery quest, delivery quest… the selections were rather slim. Devon picked up a simple delivery quest ticket that would pay 2 gold. It was probably not worth his time compared to backroom quests, but as he saw today, backroom quests could end up pitting him against a minotaur demon. There was no way a simple delivery quest could end up that bad, since it was intra-city too. 

He just needed to bring four loaves of bread from the bakery to the massage parlor. How hard could that be? 

Chapters updates will be patreon only for the next two weeks~ Author needs a break sometimes too for real life stuff~ thank you ThatOneGuy for pledging <3

244