Chapter 74 – The Reincarnator with the most Points ever 
13.1k 56 157
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 74 – The Reincarnator with the most Points ever 

In a familiar ether-filled space several universes away, a certain businesswoman with spectacles watched the ensuing conflict between Devon, the armies, and the Algorians on an ether-television screen with a frown on her face. 

“This idiot.” She sighed, pushing her glasses up as she crossed her legs over again. It had been less than a week since her appointment with this particular boy in purgatory, and he already got himself into unimaginable trouble. From bandits to demons to more demons, the boy seemed to be falling into every trap and honeypot ever imaginable, barely stumbling out with his life. However, everything worked out well for him due to the god tier passive that he rolled during purgatory, the infamous [Dead Man Walking] – the same personal passive that her boss, Hades, used to own. 

Hades lost a bet with the other gods several years ago, and as punishment had to deposit his own passive into the pool for aspiring reincarnators to roll. But for the last several years, not a single reincarnator had the fortune of rolling [Dead Man Walking] because of the sheer volume of points one would need to be able to pull Hades’s personal passive out of the hat. Nobody had that amount of points… at least, not until that young man arrived in purgatory. 

Upon arrival at purgatory, Devon possessed one of the largest point banks the businesswoman, otherwise known as Hecate the goddess of witchcraft, ever saw. The sheer depth of the ocean of points that was Devon’s points bank would make any other reincarnator gag in surprise. Hell, even some gods that she knew would reel in both disgust and excitement upon seeing the magnitude of his points pool. Words could not express how many points the poor boy had accumulated throughout his last life.

But that was not all. By a strange twist of fate, Devon managed to increase his already massive points bank by rejecting use of his points at all. By telling her to randomize or simply give up his points prizes, Devon unknowingly evoked one of the hidden rules of the system. The rule was that a reincarnator who willingly allowed his administrator to randomize his points prizes would receive a flat additional ten thousand points modifier to their points pool.

And even more disgustingly, a reincarnator who willingly waived their points would have their gifts automatically randomly assigned. This meant that not only would they receive the flat additional ten thousand points modifier, they would also receive a staggering fifty percent extra bonus from the roulette bonus. 

In other words, Devon took an ocean, added ten thousand to it, and then multiplied the result of that by an additional fifty percent. 

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. That was the only word that the businesswoman could conjure to describe that boy’s fortune in his gifting situation. And that was why he managed to secure the [Dead Man Walking] passive, as well as so many other gifts including the most random things ever. The businesswoman kept a list, but it was so long that it wrapped several times around her body when she tried to hold that list up vertically.

With so many blessings and gifts bestowed upon him, how was it even possible that this boy was managing to struggle so much in this new world? Without his passive, he would have died at least five times over by now. Hecate shook her head in complete disbelief. 

How could one of the most overloaded reincarnators in the entire history of the second chance system manage to fuck up so bad at every turn? He managed to either overlook most of his gifts, and for the ones that he did somewhat recognize, he completely misused them and only extracted a single digit percentage point of their potential. 

Watching Devon get pierced by another axe blow, right in the head, Hecate could only wince and shake her head. She felt like this had to be some kind of divine comedy, with the superposition of one of the most overwhelmingly talented vessels that ever existed, with a vessel pilot that had to be possibly one of the least talented she had ever witnessed. From his attitude to his decision making, everything about Devon just made her want to throw her slipper at the television in anger.

The only thing he really accomplished so far was landing his dick into every possible hole that he could have, which by some measure was at least kind of an accomplishment. But the boy had so much more potential than just that… 

The businesswoman watched as yet another axe blow connected with Devon’s head, sending the poor sap’s face flying to the side. She let out a long, weary sigh. 

A certain businesswoman has reappeared ;) You will be seeing more of her~

Thank youuuuuuuuu soooooooo much Praekun for pledging <333333333

48 chapters ahead at patreon~ thanks everyone for reading and enjoying the story~

157