Chapter 93 – Blonde Babe’s Magic Swordsmanship
10.5k 23 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 93 – Blonde Babe’s Magic Swordsmanship

*Slice* 

With excellent movement and graceful swordsmanship, Aurora sliced through the thick, muscular arm of a howler monkey with a mana infused sword swing. She held her own in combat just as well as the other burly men in her regiment, again proving to Devon that the female gender in this world was simply built differently than earth females, despite looking similarly fragile and elegant. The vision of Countess Ilyana, a noble woman by birth, sprinting up a grassy hill in high heels faster than he could run was forever burned into his memory. Back on earth, it was an accomplishment for a girl to be able to limp down a flat and well paved sidewalk in heels with half a margarita consumed.

The howlers were no slouches, though, and fired back at the golden clad veteran regiment. Like a row of american football linebackers, the gorilla-sized fantasy creatures crashed into the golden clad fifth regiment members in a brawl that looked strangely like two rows of linemen clashing on the line of scrimmage, until the eruption of teeth and claws against armor and steel began to unfold. 

*Graaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!* 

The calamity-level behemoth defied all logic and stepped onto the cliffside causeway, as rubble and debris fell off the side of the hanging cliff with every heavy step it took. 

“It’s insane…” Devon muttered to himself, the madame too preoccupied with blasting howler monkeys to notice the behemoth’s encroachment. 

With every thumping footstep of the calamity-level bull horned behemoth’s snarling advance, Countess Ilyana stirred with a frown on her face although her eyes were still closed. The fair skinned daughter of the baron pulled Devon’s leather shirt across her shivering, nude body and fair skin, her eye slightly blackened and her thighs and legs bruised black and blue from her ordeal as an Algorian hostage.

Thud.

The behemoth took another step, as Devon watched in horror from the carriage window. He felt a shiver down his spine as he looked at the behemoth, who seemed to have fixed its small beady eyes relative to its massive head on him. But surely that couldn’t be the case, Devon thought. Such a large monster, looking at him? The behemoth was kilometers away, and he just had to be imagining things. But the way that it snarled and blinked, pausing for the briefest moment while locking eye contact with him… Devon shuddered again. 

To quell his nerves, he decided to keep himself busy. And after all, he couldn’t just let the women fight in his place forever. That was an insult to his pride as a man. 

[Blessing of the Witch has been activated.]

Devon walked out of the carriage with his moonlight steel sword drawn, a renewed glint in his eye after witnessing Aurora’s fighting. He felt inspired watching the golden female knight Aurora’s mana infused swordsmanship style, and he could see the flickers of mana off her blade every time she swung her thin rapier-blade hybrid weapon, which had a curved hilt adorned with several jewels and a family insignia imprinted into the rounded gold hilt. 

Magic swordsmanship. If he put those two words in the same phrase back on earth, he’d be laughed to hell and back for having a chuunibyou complex. But this world was built differently from the bottom to the top, and this girl’s swordsmanship was no joke. Every blow of her sword had an aftershock impact, like a wind whip to describe it in terms that were familiar to himself.

Charging forward with the same stance he saw another veteran fifth regiment soldier use, Devon ran towards a howler monkey and jabbed forwards. But as he got closer, he began to realize…

From a distance, the howlers looked smaller. But now that he was staring one right in the eye, with its muscles bulging past inhuman proportions and its long canines that would look more fitting on a tiger than an ape, Devon began to feel a bit intimidated. 

He pressed forwards, ignoring his gut feeling, and attempted to drive the blade into the ape’s chest. Surprisingly enough, the moonlight steel sword penetrated through the howler monkey’s thick hide with relative ease, once again showcasing the sheer class of Devon’s weapon. 

“Watch out, Devon!” Madame Elisa shouted. She was right– the howler monkey shrieked in pain and swatted at Devon’s head. Unable to dodge fast enough, Devon felt himself get knocked to the ground, tasting dirt in his mouth. He heard a loud crack and felt his neck get disjointed ever so slightly.

[You have taken a mortal blow.]

[You can not die.] 

119