chapter 3
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The train arrived at the Zootopia Outskirts Community College. Only two mammals were on the train for this destination. They departed looking the oddest of friends. The fox and rabbit had a few onlookers, but they were unfazed. They had swapped numbers and Furbook information and decided to remain good friends. They set off together still talking animatedly.

"So you grew up in Zootopia but you were born in Bunnyburrow?" Judy asked.

"That's right" nick said, "Dad said we had family there but a business deal had him moving to Zootopia, and naturally he took me with him. Mom passed when I was little."

"Wow I wonder what would have happened if you hadn't left and we had met back in school. I think we may have been good friends." She said.

Nick looked at her quizzically "even with the way my cousin hurt you, you think you would have even gave me a second glance?"

"sure nick, I was never one to judge another on their family's actions. Look at me, my whole family are farmers. I am the only bunny around to try to be something else." She said without losing pace.

"Hm… that's a little hard to believe, but I would like to think that too. I think we go over here to meet up with the headmistress and get our dorm information." Nick said as he glanced at Judy with a slight blush.

"Welcome to ZOCO! My name is Rosa and I'm the headmistress." A Jet black horse said with a smiling face as she approached the two. "We hope you enjoy yourselves and apply yourselves properly to all the curriculum. I have your schedules as well as your dorm keys and information. We will take a short tour of the grounds and then I'll show you to your dorms. Are you two here together or just met on a happy coincidence?" she said all this with no pause and seemed truly happy about everything.

"We just met on the train. I'm Judy and this is Nick. We are very happy to meet you and look forward to attending." Judy said respectfully shaking her hand.

"What she said," Nick smirked while giving a lazy salute and looking around at the buildings.

"Nice to meet you both. I noticed your schedule was rather lacking Nick so I would like you to know should you choose a major you should come speak directly with me. If the class has already started and you need to get caught up I can instruct you personally to get you caught up. My husband Donald and I are also professors here." Rosa said while looking at nick with a knowing smile.

"Thanks ma'am. For now I think I'll just do the core classes and look at other options later." Nick said glancing at her.

"Okay let's get the tour started," she said while grinning widely.

She led them through the entire campus pointing out random buildings and what happened inside. She showed them where their classes would be and where the library was for studying. They visited her office as well as her personal dorm. She liked to sleep on campus so the students could talk to her anytime about school or even if they needed life advice. She informed them that they could come to her anytime for any reason and she would do her best to help. She then led them to the dorm areas.

"now the dorms are set up a little different than some colleges. We prefer a little trust in our students and only set guidelines for them. If the guidelines are broken we will take disciplinary action but I trust you won't do that. You both seem like trustworthy individuals." Rosa said while gesturing to the building. "The dorms are shared with all mammals of equal size. The floors are the only separation. We put the males upstairs and the females downstairs. You are not aloud into each others dorms without the door open. If that rule is broken even once you will be put into another dorm house and if it continues you will both be expelled."

"No problem," both mammals said together before glancing at each other and chuckling.

"Well I'll leave you two to it then. The key has your dorm room number engraved on it," she said as she tossed them their keys before walking away.

"So what do you think fluff?" Nick asked Judy while studying his key.

"I think we both need to unpack and I need to help you choose a major. Lets go get unpacked and then go to the study park we saw earlier. Bring your laptop and we can see what majors are open and I have a few tests to find your best options." She said cheerily.

"sounds like a plan to me. Let's meet in say one hour?" He asked.

"perfect" Judy said "see you later Nick."

They headed in their own directions.

ONE HOUR LATER….

Nick approached the park like area and started looking for a good spot. He settled for an artificial tree that had two plugs for laptops on the bottom branch. He plugged in his laptop before climbing up the tree and settling on a branch hidden by some foliage. He began surfing the web while waiting for Judy. He was so into his laptop he didn't even notice Judy sat across from him until she spoke.

"Hey there Slick," Judy said rather loudly.

Nick jumped and nearly fell from the tree. His laptop hit the ground and broke in half. Judy quickly grabbed Nicks paws as he fell and stopped his descent.

"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you," she said as she helped him back up onto the branch. "How new was your laptop? I can replace it but did it have anything on it that cant be replaced?" she asked worriedly.

"not to worry carrots I was just borrowing it from Gid and he told me to keep it so no harm done. We will just have to share yours for now." Nick grinned

Judy looked around her "and where will we sit so we can both see the screen?"

In answer Nick leaned back against the tree truck before picking Judy up and placing her in his lap so they could both see the screen. "Hows this?" he asked.

Her ears had shot up and began blushing as she was settled into his lap. "th-this is ok I guess if your comfortable."

"Not a problem. I enjoy being in your company" Nick said with a genuine smile on his face.

Judy blushed lightly as she began typing on the screen. "ok lets start with your interests."

They stayed in the tree for an hour taking tests and looking at the results. Nick couldn't decide so they decided to call it a day. Nick helped her down before jumping down to stand beside her. He began fidgeting with his paws behind his back as they walked side by side. She noticed and glanced at his face noting that his eyes were looking anywhere but at her.

"Nick did I do something to upset you?" she asked curiously.

"No-No" he said a little too quickly, "I was just thinking that's all"

"well you don't need to hide anything from me. Once your friends with Judy Hopps your friends for life." She said.

"I just had a question for you and I'm not sure how to ask it." He said hesitantly.

"What is it nick?" she asked stopping him while grabbing his paw in hers.

"Maybe I'll tell you tomorrow fluff. Meet in the tree? Right after breakfast?" He asked as he raised his eyebrows waiting. She could hear his heartbeat speed up and his palm was rather sweaty.

"Ok nick I can do that. I'll see you in the morning ok?" she said while staring into his eyes trying to get him to look at her.

Emerald met amethyst finally and Nick lost himself. He didn't know how long he stood there before Judy asked if he was ok. He quickly shook himself and replied, "Im fine Judy just got lost again. Must be a new habit I'm developing from spending too much time with a certain smart bunny.

"Ok nick I'm gonna go get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow." She said while looking at him curiously.

Nick raised her paw to his lips and kissed it gently while looking into her eyes before blushing fiercely and running into his dorm.

Judy stood their for a moment staring at where he disappeared and then slowly made her way to her dorm. She closed the door behind her and sat on the bed looking out the window. The moment his lips touched her fur she had felt her heart race and butterflies in her stomach. She had slowly been feeling that way while they were in the tree together. She hadn't had many boyfriends but the few she had were all flops. None had made her feel like this. She had known this mammal for less than 24 hours and yet he had this effect on her. She had been lost in his emerald pools for a few moments before and had no idea how long they had stood there. She felt something for Nick and she was happy around him. She didn't quite know why she was feeling this but she felt as though it was Love. She decided she wouldn't tell him but instead wait and see what he did. She would allow him to lead.

Nick ran to the bathroom and splashed water on his face. He looked into the mirror and observed the mammal standing there. He looked as though he had just gotten out of the shower with how much sweat he had on him. He needed to think. How could he be falling for a bunny. He was a fox. A predator. There was no way she would possible give him a chance was there? Especially since they were natural enemies. And to top it off she had only known him a few hours. He decided he would shower and sleep and decide what to do about this in the morning. For now he needed rest. As he fell asleep the only thing that came to his mind was a picture of her and the sound of her laughter. It was the most soothing sound and sight he had ever found. He drifted into the first peaceful sleep he had in months.

0