chapter 4
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He looked around slowly searching for any movement. His ears scanned for any sounds of rustling grass. His nose was slow taking deep breaths searching for a trace of scent from his prey. A breeze blew through the tall grass carrying traces of the preys scent. The scent was sweet and he could tell she was female. He tracked tword the source feeling the earth shift beneath his paws, moving silently. He tracked her slowly waiting for the opportune moment to strike. He caught a flash of grey in the tall grass before him and froze listening intently to see if he had been spotted. He knew she was close and stood waiting for a sign of where she was.

Suddenly she jumped from behind him landing square on his back, digging her claws into his sides and tickling him relentlessly. He fell to the ground laughing hard and loud. He squirmed trying desperately to get away and begging for mercy. She finally stopped just as he felt like he would pee himself and quickly disappeared again into the tall grass before he could see her clearly.

He tracked her down again and this time she was in a clearing giggling madly. She was so preoccupied she hadn't noticed him sneaking up on her. He decided a little payback was in order. He leaped from the grass and landed on top of her tickling her much as she had him. She squealed as a smile split her face. The sound and sight were both beautiful to his ears.

He glanced down and was mesmerized by her eyes. He stopped and stared into her eyes as she caught her breath. They were such a vibrant purple that if he searched the world over everything he found would be gray compared to thier beauty. He opened his mouth to say just how much he wanted to be by her side and how much he loved everything about her, and that his heart soared at the thought and site of her when he was interrupted by a very loud beeping that seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere.

He jumped up looking for the demanding and alarming sound and froze in place. The field had been replaced with the four grey walls of his dorm room. The small creature below him was replaced with a rather flat pillow. He glared at the clock on the table with hatred. It was the source of the sound. He pressed snooze and picked up his phone. Seeing that it was 6 am and he had no messages he tried to remember the wonderful dream he had.

His paws had been tiny. That if a kit. The only thing he could remember of the other kit is how his heart had flown from his chest at the sound of her voice and those vibrantly beautiful eyes. He had been too close to her face to see more than her eyes very clearly. He decided to get dressed and go for a run. Maybe some exercise would clear his head.

He grabbed his keys and headed out. He was about halfway to the pool and so absorbed in his thoughts he didn't see the mammal in front of him. He ran straight into her and they tumbled into a heap. He caught himself with one paw so as not to crush the creature below him. He began to sit up and apologize but he opened his eyes and became entranced. There below him were the same beautiful eyes from his dream.

"What the heck" she yelled before looking up and seeing emralds trapped in the form of irises. "Nick? What happened?"

"Judy? What the heck are you doing here?"

"Well I was on my morning run when a certain fox decided I might make a good pillow." She smirked at him. "So am I comfy?"

He looked at her even more confused for a moment before remembering where he was. He jumped up quickly before offering his paw to help her up. "Sorry Judy I wasn't watching where I was going." He said blushing slightly and thanking God his fur covered it.

"It's alright Nick. Are you ok?" She asked hesitantly. She had been expecting a snarky comment, and he didn't use a nickname this time.

"I'm fine Judy just lost in thought." He said without looking at her.

She put her paw on his shoulder "if you need a friend to talk to Nick I can be a good listening ear. These things weren't just made to be Satalite dishes." She said half heartedly smirking at him.

"Thanks Judy. Would you like to join me for dinner tonight? My treat."

"Only if you tell me what's on your mind." She said smiling at him.

"As soon as I figure some things out I'll tell you ok?"

"Ok Nick. I'll join you." She smiled warmly at him hoping to lift his spirits.

" I'll come by around 4:30 so we both have time after class to get ready ok?" He started jogging away before she could answer. "See you then fluff."

She watched him run away for a moment before continuing her own run.

After his run he had time to swim and shower. He was headed tword his dorm and saw the headmistress headed that way herself carrying a rather large box.

"Good morning headmistress. Can I help you with that?" He asked as he reached out to catch it before she dropped it.

"Mr Wilde! Thank you that is a bit of a big box and it's marked fragile. It's actually meant for you. It just arived and I was headed to deliver it to you." She said gratefully and with a sweet sound.

"Ok. Thank you. I'll just take it up myself. I was about to go get my things for class anyways." He said with a smile.

He walked upstairs and placed the box on his bed and grabbed his bag. He noticed a letter on top of the box and took it with him to read when he was not doing anything else.

His first class that day was English lit. He arived at the class and saw a note from the teacher saying he will be late. He dicided to use the time to read the letter and see what was sent to him.

Dear Mr Wilde,

My name is Nigel Wayne. I was your parents, and now your attorney. This box was left in my possession a long time ago. Your parents entrusted me to make sure you received it on the first year you entered collage in the unlikely event of thier untimely demise. I offer my condolences. They were great friends of mine. I will miss them dearly. They left a large amount of belongings which I will tend to until your graduation. At which point they will all be in your name. I have no idea what could be in this box as I was instructed never to open it myself. I hope whatever they left will give you some more helpful information. If you ever need legal advice or just a friend to talk to my contact information is written at the bottom of this page. Once again I give you my condolences, and hope you have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Nigel Wayne

Attorney at Law

Nick read the letter three times with his mouth hanging open. He placed it back into his bag and began contemplating all he had just learned and wondering what could possibly be in the box. Just then the teacher arived and all other thoughts had to be put aside. He would find out at lunch when he had two hours between classes. Right now he needed to focus.

0