Chapter 7
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours later Nick had showered and brushed his fur. He put on a bit of cologne as well for good measure and decided to go out and get something for tonight. He still had about 30 minutes before Judy would be expecting him so he headed for the headmistress dorm. He rang her bell and waited patiently before a large Eagle opened the door and looked at him with a piercing gaze as though inspecting his next meal.

"Yes? Can I help you?" He asked studying Nick carefully.

"I'm told the headmistress is willing to help some students out when she can. I was simply going to ask her a question. You must be Donald?" He stated hiding behind his signature smirk.

"Call me Donnie. She is in the shower at the moment. Is there something I can help you with?"

"I was wondering if there is a flower shop or a garden nearby. I have someone I would like to surprise." He stated feeling a little nervous under this creatures gaze.

The majestic creature stared at him for a long moment before retreating into the dorm slightly, "honey I'm going out for a moment. I'll be back in about 10 minutes ok?"

"Ok dear" was heard through the room before he stepped out of the room and closed the door.

"Follow me" he stated as he walked tword the elivator. He inserted a key into a slot above the buttons and opened a small hatch once they were inside. There was a pair of buttons inside. One with an arrow pointed up and one pointed down. He pressed the up and locked the hatch back as it began to move. "Not many mammals know of this so I would appreciate some discretion. I prefer not to share this with anyone but my wife, however I sense your a troubled soul in search of his own feelings. Your afraid she won't return your affection. Am I right?"

"How...?" Nick was baffled

"As one of the only bird species with mammalian intelligenc I'm still in touch with certain aspects of my instincts. This means I can sense how someone feels and therefore am able to understand everyone better than most." He said as the doors opened to the roof.

Nick stepped out and looked around he was dumbfounded once again. He had stepped into a whole new world. It looked like a gigantic forest. Plants of every kind grew everywhere, and the flowers were more beautiful than anything he had seen in shops. The smell had no trace of city pollution and even the sounds of some wild birds could be heard. There was a hand made stream cutting through the center with fish lazily swimming along enjoying the rays of the sun. The whole place took his breath away. "What is this place" he asked while slowly spinning to take it all in.

"I built this greenhouse with my own talons. It was the biggest expression of love I gave to Rosa before we were married. I brought her here for a picnic while we were in college and by the end I proposed. This place took me months to build and numerous battles with the school and eventually I had to buy the building to get it done, but I knew we would have it forever. Even now I'm still changing things and adding to it. It's a utopia we escape to when we need to get away for a while." He said and while he spoke Nick could feel the pride this creature felt in his work and the love he felt for his wife.

"It's beautiful" these were the only words he could think of for it. "But why bring me here?"

"You wanted flowers to try to tell the mammal you have feelings for exactly what you mean without it being too obvious am I right?" He asked leading Nick to the other side of the roof

"Yes?..." Nick was a little confused how he knew all this. Nobody's instincts were that good were they?

"This should do the trick." He stopped at a large rose bush with white roses big and full growing at every angle. "The white rose is a beautiful expression of love that says I am worthy of you. This will be enough if she has ever studied the importance of flowers in her life, but will also be beautiful should she not understand what your saying to her. You can take as many as you like, however if it were me in your shoes I would choose one and take that to her. A bundle would be too extravagant where as a single shows your testing the waters without pushing too hard in case she doesn't feel the same." He picked a rose and sliced it from the bush with a twitch of his razor sharp talon as he said this. He took it in his beak and moved tword the elevator before turning back. "Take as long as you need, but never come here without me. The elevator will take you down when your finished." With that he left the tod alone to his thoughts.

Nick searched the bush and finally found in his opinion the biggest and most beautiful one he could find and took it with him back to his building. He timidly knocked on Judys door and waited. The door opened and There stood Judy wearing a sleek black dress. Nick was lost for words. He stared at her for a minute before finally remembering they had plans for dinner.

"This is for you" he said presenting the rose from behind his back.

Judy took it from him smelling it and wondering if he knew the true meaning behind the flower he had chosen. She hoped he did and this was his way of being subtle. "Thank you Nick its beautiful!"

"Well the lady deserves a little something for putting up with this fox. Shall we go for dinner?"

"Lead the way" she said with a genuine smile thinking internally how handsome he looked and hoping he might actually start trying to court her soon. She knew already she would like to know if they had a future together. She couldn't explain how fast her fealings had developed, but she felt like she had loved him for years.

They went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. They spent quite a bit of time chatting about school and asking about each other's past and just enjoying each other's company. Tword the end of thier evening while walking back to thier dorm Nick was getting fidgety again.

"Nick are you ever going to voice what has you so nervous?" She asked with a twinkle in her eye.

"Judy I want to ask you something, but first I need to know something." He said without looking at her directly.

"You can ask me anything Nick"

"How do you fell about inter relationships" he blurted before he could stop himself and looked away suddenly feeling about the same temperature of the sun.

"I personally see nothing wrong with them so long as the mammals truly love one another. Why do you ask?" She said hoping he was finally going to voice his feelings.

"Well I met Donnie and he is and Eagle. Seeing how much he loves Rosa and the fact that not even spicies was enough to separate them got me thinking..." he said slowly

"Thinking about what?" She asked being patient

"Well... I was wondering if maybe you... and I... could maybe start dating... onlyifyouwanttoandIdon'twantyoufellingpressuredoranythingit'sjustthatIcantalkopenlywithyouoneverythingandiveneverhadthatwithanyoneand"

"NICK!" She said loud enough to make him stop. "I can't understand you when you run your words together like that. Are you asking me if I would like to continue spending time with you and perhaps seeing if we could have a relationship?" She asked heasitantly.

He took a deep breath and slowly nodded.

"Well how about we start with a first date and go from there?" She said while blushing slightly. They had reached her dorm and she turned to face him.

"You mean it?!" He asked enthusiastically.

"Well a certain fox will have to show the lady a good time, but maybe he has some potential" she teased backing tword her room

He quickly took her paw before she could go very far "well then ill bid you goodnight until we meet again" he said and kissed her paw lightly.

"Wow you are corney. This should be interesting"she said. "Goodnight Nick. See you tomorrow?" She asked opening her door and waiting for a response.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." He said just before she closed the door. He walked up to his dorm feeling like he was floating. He never would have thought she would consider a date. Let alone one with him and possibly a real relationship. He got to his room and decided to finish the book his mother had left him. He was a fast reader and only hade half a book to go. He would finish it and go to sleep, and maybe he will try to join her for breakfast.

0