chapter 10
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Judy awoke the next morning to a phone call. She groggily rolled and grabbed her phone to see who would bother her before her alarm. Of course, Mom.

 

"Mom what's going on? It's early."she complained.

 

"Everything is fine but..."

 

"What'swrongwhoshurtissomebodygonnadie?"

 

"JUDY! Calm down! Your Dad just cut his hand working on the tractor. He's at the doctor's office getting stitches right now. I heard one of your sisters say his hand was cut off so I decided to cut off the rumor mill and tell you the truth," she said calming her daughter down."Thankfully he's up to date on his tetanus shots, so your brothers will only to have to fill in for him for a couple of weeks."

 

"Thanks for calling Mom," she said with a relieved sigh."How's everything else going?"

 

"Good. Some of your siblings have been driving me nuts, as usual. Oh! And Jackie got married!"

 

"That's great! I didn't even know she was seeing anyone!" She said jumping out of bed to get ready for the day.

 

"Me either but anyway what's new with you, Ju? Find any suitable bucks yet?" She asked suggestively.

 

"Well..."she said quietly.

 

Suddenly her mom was fully alert"Ju, did you really find someone you're interested in?" she asked excitedly.

 

"Maybe... Ok yes I did. We had our first date last night. It was so romantic. We had a picnic at a beautiful indoor garden that I didn't even know existed and then we went to the roof and stargazed in these gorgeous hand carved chairs. It was so amazing!" She gushed loudly.

 

"OMG! Judy I've never heard you so excited about anyone. I hope it's really special for you. You need someone in your life. Maybe you'll even break that contract. Your father will be so excited. Oh great, one of the little ones just headed for the kitchen. Gotta go Judy. Keep me updated on this boy. I want to hear all about him when we have time to talk. Love you JuJu."

 

The call ended and Judy set the phone on the counter. She had breakfast and was getting ready to leave for her morning routine when she got a text.

 

N- Good morning Beautiful. I hope you have a great day and perhaps I'll see you this evening. Enjoy your gift.

 

Judy smiled at his sweet gesture and wondered what gift. As she opened her door she saw a small box on the floor with her name on it. She opened it and pulled out a book. It was something called 'Cirque du Freak'. Within was a small note.

 

"This belonged to someone very special to me. Hope you like it. Nick"

 

She smiled again at how sweet her fox could be. She headed out to do her workouts and took the book with her.

------------------------

Nick sat in his room after sending the text and decided to go through some papers detailing his parents finances. About an hour later he gets a text back.

 

J- I think I'll love this gift. Hope you enjoy yours too.

 

Thinking quickly he hurried to the door to catch her. She was nowhere to be found, but at his feet was a box. He took it inside and opened it. Inside was a box containing a new laptop. Not just any laptop either, but an Alienware with all the specs he could possibly want. Taped to it was a note from Judy.

 

'Nick I owed you one anyways, so I bought this for you before our date. Figured it was the least I could do. Hope it's the right one. I can't wait for our next date, and I hope you have a great day too. -Judy

 

He smiled at his beautiful bunny's sweetness.

He took the laptop and headed to the library for the free WiFi to make sure he downloaded everything he needed for class. This would be a great day indeed thanks to his new girlfriend.

0