chapter 13
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So Slick where we headed?" Judy asked as they boarded the train. She had her bag packed with clothes to last the week. They had just been released from classes for the summer, and Nick asked her if she would take a trip with him. She had planned on going home for the summer, but decided to hold off for a week so she could have some quality time with her boyfriend.

 

"You will just have to wait and see my sweet bunny lass," Nick said with a smirk plastered on his smug face. This place had some special memories for him and he hoped she would like to make some new ones with him.

 

She giggled and looked back as she walked to some empty seats, "So I'm not even aloud to know the name of the place we plan to camp at?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

 

He stopped dead and frowned slightly, "How did you know we were going camping? I worked so hard to keep it a surprise." He said slightly disappointed.

 

"The tent is sticking out of your suitcase a little. Your zipper popped open as we boarded." She smiled back at him before turning and putting away her luggage.

 

Nick looked back and indeed his tent was sticking out of his bag. He chuckled "Oh well I guess you would have figured it out in a couple hours anyways. But I'm still not telling you where we are going. I want to at least surprise you a little. That alright with you cutie?" He grinned so wide she thought it would split his face.

 

"Nick," she grinned back slowly reaching for his tie, "did I ever tell you," She yanked down on his tie suddenly so they were eye level and he was choking, "NOT TO CALL ME CUTE!" She yelled into his ear before releasing him and jumping into the seat.

 

He rubbed his ears before joining her on the seat. "Sorry Carrots. Couldn't help myself."

 

"Did I ever tell you the reason I don't like to be called that?" She asked looking out the window.

 

He looked at her curiously, "No, you didn't I just know it always riled you up." He said watching as her ears dropped.

 

"It used to be something other mammals would call us to demean us. They only meant it as a racial slur. Its always thrown around and many of us ignore it, but it also has a more intimate meaning among rabbits. It's why rabbits can still use it and it's not offensive. The only problem is, when two bunnies are dating, when that word is used it's the same as propositioning her to jump into his bed. And not just in the normal way. They mean it in the mating way. As in for life. Its almost always the step taken right after they pop the question." She said all this slowly never taking her eyes off the landscape and blushing furiously. She wouldn't tell him what it did to her when he said it, but maybe she could avoid doing something about it until they do get that far.

 

He thought about her words for a moment looking out the window himself. "So I've basicly been propositioning this sweet beautiful bunny to come live in my den and be mine? Judy, we would have to be married not just engaged for that to happen. I love you, but foxes are different. I know bunnies don't always stay faithful to their significant other, but for foxes its physically impossible. Once we find our mate that's it for us. We don't ever cross the line until after marriage because once we do we are tied forever to them in everyway. It's like that person becomes your center. You would do anything for them. It's the most intimate part of our lives. I'm sorry I've been saying something that I can't follow through on yet. I didn't realize what it meant. I hope you can forgive me. I won't do it again." He said looking at her and putting a paw on her shoulder.

 

She turned to him and looked into his eyes. "I guess we both learned something today. I had no idea foxes were that attached to their mates." She kissed his nose, "Guess I have something to look forward to if you ever propose, and if I decide I want to spend my life with this crazy fox." she chuckled at him.

 

He grinned and ruffled her ears before leaning in and planting a kiss on her lips, "I hope one day you might say yes, because I know I'm in love." He whispered huskily as he stared into her eyes.

 

There was suddenly a loud scoffing noise from the seat behind them. They looked up and saw a large moose and his family.

 

"Got something you wanna say?" Judy asked him glaring.

 

"How can you believe anything this fox says to you? They are nothing but cruel, sneaky, and liars. He probably just wants to get you alone so he can eat you. and it seems like you are going to just fall for it lock, stock and barrel!" He said loudly.

 

Nick looked hurt and his ears dropped. Judy stood on the seat and glared at the moose.

 

"What I do with my BOYFRIEND is none of your concern, and I don't appreciate you using racial slurs against him. He is not sneaky or a liar. He is the most caring and trustworthy mammal I have ever met, and I wouldn't have him any other way. So instead of giving your child a specist mindset and showing him that it's ok to openly mock someone elses relationship, how about you show him that love can take many forms and that you should be accepting of it. If you can't do that then you should at least keep your big fat mouth shut before I rip your antlers off and shove them where the sun don't shine, And I don't mean the back I mean you'll be singing soprano for the rest of your life!!!"

She practically yelled before turning around and kissing Nick deeply and sitting next to him.

Nick was surprised. He had never seen her loose her cool like this. He watched as the scared looking moose looked at his son before opening a book and hiding behind the cover. The other passengers had seen the exchange and some were wearing approval on their faces while others had disgust.

 

Nick grinned and turned so he could put his arms around Judy. "Easy Carrots, don't let them get to you. They can think what they want but we know the truth. Don't let the people who dont understand take our happiness away." He kissed between her ears.

 

She took a deep breath "sorry Nick I lost my cool for a moment." She cuddled into his side and they spent they train ride in peaceful silence.

0