chapter 14
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nick, why didn't you tell me we were going here? We could have gone to see my family on the way." she said looking around.

 

"I'm not so sure its a good idea for me to meet them just yet. They may not like you dating a fox and force you to marry that other bunny instead." He said looking away from her.

 

"I don't care what they say, I'm not marrying him or anyone else unless I want to." She said catching his eye. "So where is the campground so we can set up?" she asked.

 

He smiled at her thankful for the subject change, "Just over here," He pointed to a forest off to the side.

 

They were in deerbrook, which was right next to bunnyburrow. Nick had come here a few times with his parents. He hoped Judy hadn't been here before. They walked a little ways into the woods and found a small clearing where there had been someone camped out before. They got set up and then Judy began wondering what there was to do around here.

 

"So what shall we do now slick?" She asked him "I've never been to this town and my cell has no service here so it's all up to you to show me around."

 

He jumped for joy inside at the thought that he could actually show her something new. Keeping a smile on his face he turned to her and said "Well my dear I know the perfect place he said offering a paw, "Do you trust me?"

 

She took his paw without hesitation "Lead the way my prince" she said giggling.

 

They headed deeper into the woods and were walking and talking for about an hour when suddenly the woods disappeared. They had walked into a huge open area where a castle had been built right on a cliff. It looked like it dropped off about a hundred feet before jagged rock filled ocean waves took over the landscape. Judy gasped at this beautiful and powerful display that had somehow survived the test of time. It had clearly been abandoned to the elements long ago and looked as though nobody had even visited it in centuries.

 

"Nick, what is this place?" she asked in almost a whisper.

 

"This is the last castle still standing anywhere near Zootopia. It's one my father purchased purely so that nobody could ever tear it down. It's where he took my mother on their first family vacation, and where they and I went every year since. This is actually that right week for it too." He said looking at it with a faraway look in his eyes. "Would you like to hear the story of this castle?" He asked her as they walked toward the entrance.

 

"Please" she said looking at him and squeezing his paw to make sure he knew she was happy he had brought her here.

 

"Long ago before Zootopia existed, There was the time where every tribe defended themselves and never accepted outsiders. They fought with every other castle in the area for power and to bring peace to their own. This castle was actually a fox, wolf, and husky stronghold. The tribes had combined so that they could help each other and thrive. They were one of the first to become vegetarians to not antagonize the prey castles nearby."

 

He led them up a tower with a spiraling staircase as he spoke. "One day the princess of the castle, a fox, traveled out and met with an outsider. He was a golden retriever. He was handsome and as she spent some time with him, they became close. She snuck out to visit him frequently. Her father eventually found out and had him shipped out to sea on the next voyage. Before he left he promised that one day he would return for her. So every day she walked to the top of this castle and stood staring at the horizon, waiting for that day when her true love would appear. She stood here once all night when she had grown old and grey, and when the soldiers came searching for her they found a statue in her place. She had become encased in stone so that she could forever await her true loves return." As he finished they emerged onto the top of the tower. and before them was a statue of an old fox staring out to the horizon with a single tear on her cheek.

 

Judy was amazed. She held back her own tears as she hugged Nick. "I hope nothing ever separate us. I'll never give up on you."

 

They embraced and just enjoyed the closeness and the sound of their hearts beating. They spent the rest of the day exploring the castle. As night approached they headed back to the campsite, said their good nights, shared a kiss, and departed to their individual tents till morning.

0