chapter 17
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick

Nick looked down the hall in front of him holding the torch in his paw higher. He couldn't see anything at all besides the hall. "Where do you think this will lead, carrots? Maybe a 5 star hotel nobody knew about?" He said smirking slightly trying to ignore the creeps he was getting from this place.

He heard no response and turned to see what she was distracted with only to find her and the hall she was standing in gone. Only a wall. "JUDY?! WHERE ARE YOU?" he yelled in desperation hitting the wall in a few places trying to find his way through to her. Eventually giving up he turned and stared down the hall. "Don't worry Judy, I'll find you if it takes forever." He vowed moving forward to the only path open to him.

Judy

Judy had been walking for a while. The hall she traveled had many twists and turns and even a few step downs. she had seen no sign of doors or branches in the hall. And more importantly no sign of Nick. She continued on hoping that soon she would find something.

Suddenly she turned the next corner to find two doors. she walked up looking closely at the two doors. They were nearly the same. Both were strong sturdy looking doors with some kind of strange hole in the middle where the knocker should have been just big enough for her paw. There was also writing on the wall between the doors.

Choose a door if you wish to proceed

One is the way out but the other will lead

To a journey one takes

To fix past mistakes

Continue with caution and try not to fret

The path that you seek you may not get

for the halls will lead you down the path

to reliving your past lives aftermath

Only those who can learn

can heal their past lives burn

It made little sense to her, except for the fact that she would need to choose a door. She checked for any more differences at all and found a wolf head carved into the corner of the one on the left and a slightly different head on the other. She guessed it was a husky. It looked like they were possibly related to the story Nick had told her. Since the female seemed like the smart one in the story she chose that door. She put her paw in front of the hole. She hesitated before slowly feeling into the hole looking for a latch. She felt a large flat rock in the hole and tried to pull it. It shifted to her and the door began to open with a creaking sound that seemed to come from everywhere at once.

She shivered as her fur stood on end. This place was freaking her out. she looked into the room where the door led. It was a small one and had a pedestal in the center. She approached it and saw an amethyst vial sitting in the center. She picked it up and it glowed brightly as a face appeared on the front.

It spoke in a voice that reverberated from everywhere and nowhere. It sounded in her soul with a longing that seemed to penetrate straight to her heart. "Thank you for finding my spirit, long, but when you get me near his spirit you may set us both free."

She watched as the face faded. She stopped for a moment and decided to carry it with her. "We will look for our loved ones together." She said as she placed it in her pocket.

She continued through the hall passing many more creepy creatures along the way continuing to search for a way out and a way to Nick.

Nick

Nick traveled his own hall. searching for Judy. It suddenly opened into a large room filled with grass. It had many different flowers and trees all over the place. It was massive. As he entered he was being sprayed by some kind of violet flower. It made his mind fuzzy and he began to think of what it would be like to live here. Then he thought Why not live here?

He began to run around the room dropping his torch in the water hole in the center as he passed. He ran and ran until he couldn't anymore. He collapsed and landed in a soft spot of tall grass surrounded by yellow flowers and decided to sleep. He closed his eyes and began to rest.

"Wake up" a voice said in his dream. He searched for the voice.

"You're not safe." It said. He followed the direction it was coming from. He found himself in a room suddenly with no doors or windows. The only thing there was a green vial sitting in the center of the floor. "hello" he heard.

He stepped forward and picked up the vial. There was a face their and he could see it blink. "That's not creepy at all." He said looking at the face for any kind of reaction.

"My name is Shu." It said to him with a deep voice that reverberated from everywhere. "I was seeking my love's hand in marriage when someone did this to me. My spirit is trapped in this vial and only being reunited with her will set us free. Will you help us?" It said staring deep into the tods eyes.

"I'm not sure how" Nick said to it I have lost it. I'm talking to a vial of some kind of glowing green liquid.

"Take me with you. The halls we are to traverse together will lead you to her. when we reunite we will be freed." He said before his face disappeared.

placing the vial in his pocket he started looking for a way out. Suddenly he woke up surrounded by the flowers again. Strange dream he thought. He sat up trying to clear his fuzzy head. Where am I?

You're in the forbidden garden a voice said suddenly in his head. Hold your breath. The pollen clouds the mind and dulls the senses.

Hesitating he stood and held his breath for a moment. His head did begin to clear but he still couldn't remember what was going on. He looked toward a doorway to his left and saw a pair of deep lavender flowers looking at him. He envisioned them as eyes as a face swam to the surface of his mind. Judy he thought. He instantly ran that way holding his breath the whole way. He didn't stop until he reached the hall and made sure he could see no flowers before taking deep breaths.

He looked back and saw a wasteland with nothing but yellow flowers everywhere. There was filth all over and they seemed to grow from it. He looked ahead and continued thanking whatever deity had spoken to him and helped him out of that mess. He stopped when he noticed something was waiting down his pocket. Pulling it out he saw a green vial. How was this possible. His dream somehow had become reality.

He continued down the hall heading away from whatever place had caused all this. He had to find Judy so they could get out of here. If he found this 'spirit's ' soul mate along the way that was fine, but he would never stop until he found her.

0